Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls updates from BlizzCon

70,889 Views | 598 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Wheatables02
bbattbq01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Can you preload the game today before tomorrow? If so I may set it to download tonight.

If you have the latest patch you already have it installed. Buying it just unlocks it.
Cromagnum
AG
Nice. I thought they may have had to patch more things in.
Prime0882
AG
Looks like the XP buff time period is over? Can't complain, went from Paragon lvl 20 to 90 over the last week and a half! Got a Hell fire ring for each main stat as well.
benMath08
AG
Preloading the game actually started awhile back if I remember correctly. In fact, if you're already in game at t minus zero and you kill diablo you will move right in to act 5.
Hagen95
AG
So apparently I won't be getting much sleep tonight.
GarlandAg
I haven't purchased the expansion yet and hadn't played in a few weeks. When I logged on a few days ago all of my characters were paragon 111, even the ones under level 60. Previously, I only had one that was paragon 100. Did anyone else have this happen?

[This message has been edited by GarlandAg (edited 3/24/2014 2:45p).]
Madmarttigan
AG
it is just because they switched to a new paragon system, might have added paragon levels from multiple characters and you ended up with 111.
benMath08
AG
Asia realm is on Reaper of Souls if you want to play some super l**** Crusader You won't be able to switch the character over to the Americas realm though.

haha that would be l a g g y

[This message has been edited by benMath08 (edited 3/24/2014 2:47p).]
Hagen95
AG
Garland-
Yes. All your characters will have the same paragon level now.
Madmarttigan
AG
actually not that l**** on asia
Madmarttigan
AG
Impressive that we have 42 members in texags clan now. Doubled over the past couple weeks since I've been on titanfall.
bbattbq01
AG
Went live 5 mins early
Wheatables02
AG
Level 62 in forty minutes and increased my damage 34 percent!
CypressAg13
AG
Haven't really played much since I initial release. Normally I am all over new Blizzard games, but I think I'm going to wait to pick this one up until it comes out on PS4 in a couple months. Been enjoying console games more than PC lately.
boboguitar
AG
quote:
Haven't really played much since I initial release. Normally I am all over new Blizzard games, but I think I'm going to wait to pick this one up until it comes out on PS4 in a couple months. Been enjoying console games more than PC lately.

Cool story?
srob2004
AG
Wow... the level 61 gear. I started a Crusader to like level 10, just to try them out.

Then jumped back on my WD and leveled to 61. In mid act I on T3 I just picked up boots/helm/ceremonial dagger that *ALL* way outshined my old legendaries/set items.

My toughness jumped from about 750K up to 1.083 million. My DPS jumped from 140K to about 175K and then i have another +15% fire damage on top of that.... It was a good 10 minute run through act 1!
Prime0882
AG
Awesome! Guessing I had better gear that I thought before the xpac. Played last night till right before the first big boss and only found a legendary ring as an upgrade. Liked the feel and atmosphere so far of Westmarch. Looking forward to finishing the act tonight.
AliasMan02
AG
This thread does make me want to go get D3 and start adventuring. Or even just load up D2.
Prime0882
AG
Was anyone able to hit 70 by just doing Act V last night as a normal play through? Was curious since in the first hour I went from level 60 to 64 on T1 (normally play T3 or T4). Hoping that I can remain in T1 throughout the Act, but read that it starts to ramp up difficulty soon.

I am sporting a +35% xp gem in my helm and a Hellfire Ring, so maybe that helped way more than I would have expected.

bbattbq01
AG
I'm Lvl 67 and just beat westmarch boss. Difficulty really ramped up around 65. Boss took me 10 mins to kill, I'm probably going to have to drop off of T1 soon if I don't find some decent upgrades... My dmg sucks.
Madmarttigan
AG
While sitting at work I am highly regretting going until 2am to hit level 70.
Prime0882
AG
Went to 2am also and am feeling it at work... We had an outside chance at snow and delaying work for a few hours, but that didn't pan out in my favor, lol.

Got to 64 last night, and then moved some gear to the Crusader real quick and ended up getting him to level 10 in about 45 minutes. I didn't know the Hellfire Ring remained at the stats it rolled, and didn't evolve over time... I might have to roll through on Torment I with him!
bbattbq01
AG
Haha I played my barb until about 3 then switched to crusader. Ended up bumping it up to T4 with the hellfire ring and leveled to 15ish by the time I got to the cathedral.
Madmarttigan
AG
I started at t4 and ended up at t1, hit 70 right at the battering ram part of the quest line. Adria was the toughest portion of the night for me with all of her blood blobs.
boboguitar
AG
I have to stop reading this thread, damnit, I have work to do.
Hagen95
AG
My internet dropped at around 1:00. I took that as a sign and called it a night. I don't know how far our group made it but we were leveling pretty fast at that point.
bbattbq01
AG
quote:
I started at t4 and ended up at t1, hit 70 right at the battering ram part of the quest line. Adria was the toughest portion of the night for me with all of her blood blobs.

Assuming that was you cussing her out on clan chat then!

I switched to crusader right after getting to the marsh. Not looking forward to Adria!
bbattbq01
AG
Btw: loved the character designs in westmarch. Really cool enemies.

[This message has been edited by Bbattbq01 (edited 3/25/2014 9:22a).]
CypressAg13
AG
quote:
quote:

Cool story?

This is why I shouldn't TexAgs when I am tired....
Madmarttigan
AG
The fact that crusaders can use blessed hammer excites me greatly. I really want to level one up but I also really want to gear my demon hunter. Life choices.... I went to level 16 on an Asian server and it was pretty fun. I don't know that it will match the damage output of sorc or barb though.
PMD03
AG
I am the opposite of you guys. Went to bed on time. Made it into work, and am now staring at the clock until I can leave and start RoS! I can't wait to regear my wizard(AgTuono) and try the new skills.

[This message has been edited by PMD03 (edited 3/25/2014 10:43a).]
chigger
AG
Ok, so what do you guys think is the minimum DPS for playing on T1? My DH has around 85k right now, which I know is low. I do fine on Master though.

Prime0882
AG
On my monk (Abbracadaver) I'm at or around 90k DPS with 1.2 million toughness (700+ on all resists, good armor, decent life regen & LoH). I hit level 64 before I quit on Act V for the night and noticed that one of the mini bosses before the first of three big bosses was already starting to whittle me down much quicker than I was used to.

I was taking out packs at decent speed, but that monk's setup revolves around tanking packs of mobs for a group, not single target DPS all by my lonesome.

Might replace my OH weapon with a shield tonight as I venture forward. I'd be up for starting the Act over again if the players involved were interested in searching through every nook and cranny like I normally do on a first play through.
Madmarttigan
AG
I would just start where you are comfortable and you can always lower it as needed. With your fps you will probably find upgrades quickly and you might be able to stay at t1 the whole time.
bbattbq01
AG
My barb is 2 mil toughness and I think was around 120k dmg and having a rough time on T1 @67.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.