Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls updates from BlizzCon

69,491 Views | 598 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Wheatables02
Ewok It Out08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farm the Act 1 bounty caches. That's your best chance for RoRG
Civen
AG
Join a normal difficulty adventure mode game and head to act 1 for RoRG. That's what everyone in that game difficulty/mode is doing, so you get 4 people who each take a different bounty and it gets cleared super quick. Just look at the map and start working on one that doesn't have anyone else there currently. Then once most of the bounties are done, hop over to one of the last remaining ones and help finish it.

You can easily get 10-15 cache's per hour doing that.
HeadGames
AG
I just got RoS today, I'll be on if anyone wants to help a newb out. I really need upgrades

Gamertag Hoobie#1675

P.S. I also saw someone in the TexAgs guild lastnight, I need to join it!

[This message has been edited by HeadGames (edited 5/22/2014 2:42p).]
Wheatables02
AG
havent been on in over a week..missed all the legendary drops...will hop on tonight to hopefully harvest!
Madmarttigan
AG

Malthael you are my *****, T6, peace out.

[This message has been edited by tv1113 (edited 5/22/2014 10:25p).]
Ewok It Out08
AG
TV. Teach me. I have a hardcore barb and just started doing T3, but feel like I have a long way to go before I even attempt Math on T6.

Whats your in game name so I can inspect your barb or hit ya up?
Madmarttigan
AG
I'm madmarttigan in the clan. I actually use a weird frenzy build, and I also have double unity with my companion so 50% damage reduction plus the 50% damage reduction from together as one call of the ancients sooooo kind of cheating there. Even with 18k armor and 1500 resists and 100% damage reduction and 15% damage reduction from auhghilds I still died many times trying this lol.
txag2k
AG
grats on that solo Malth kill!
Madmarttigan
AG
I also cant imagine any hardcore character even attempting t6. There is no way someone is tanky enough to withstand that 100% of the time and not get some sort of crappy combination elite pack.
Wheatables02
AG
Ttt
txag2k
AG
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUuZt8SA79s
So you kill a gob and can get TP to the treasure realm.
benMath08
AG
I've been playing other games for awhile but patch 2.1 will probably reel me back in. In addition to more new items and skill tweaks, there are some new gameplay features incoming. One is "seasons". Sort of similar to the Diablo 2 ladder seasons but with a few more bells and whistles. I'm too lazy to catalog the other new gameplay features so I'll just wait for Blizzard to do it for me and I'll post the links here.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/patch-2-1-0-preview-seasons
AtlAg05
AG
Welcome back! We're still around!

Best changes to me are greater rifts, gob rifts and the extra storage tab
Wheatables02
benMath08
AG
Here is Blizzard's overall philosophy regarding patch 2.1: http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/blizzard-shares-their-philosophy-on-patch-2-1-coming-soon
quote:
With the release of patch 2.1.0 drawing near, we wanted to take some time to share the balance goals of this patch. There were two major goals:

Reduce the number of extreme outliers in class balance in order to set us up for ongoing improvements
Provide ourselves a new metric (Greater Rifts) by which we can more easily identify future outliers

Sort of a dry explanation (the link goes into much more detail) but the way they're implementing it with greater rifts, leaderboards, seasons, etc is pretty nice. All the improvements beginning with patch 2.0 make me wish Josh Mosqueira had been the lead designer all along. Thanks a lot Jay Wilson...

[This message has been edited by benMath08 (edited 8/20/2014 4:33p).]
Madmarttigan
AG
I think the thing they are still missing to give it the d2 magic is being able to find more items for other characters that matter. You shouldn't have to disenchant 500 legendaries because your main character doesn't need them. The magic of D2 was finding amazing items that you could build a new character around.
Civen
AG
quote:

I think the thing they are still missing to give it the d2 magic is being able to find more items for other characters that matter. You shouldn't have to disenchant 500 legendaries because your main character doesn't need them. The magic of D2 was finding amazing items that you could build a new character around.

This is a double edged sword though. I understand what you're saying, and have that thought from time to time as well. But then again, when I'm play a DH I don't want 2H swords with STR dropping.

On the other hand, my DH is T6 capable and the only improvements that can be made are slightly better rolls. So in that instance, it would be nice for STR gear to drop so I could run T6 to gear my crusader faster. Or so that I could gear my Templar follower.

There's no real lore justification, but I wish there was a flag that you could set for what loot drops you'd like to see. Best of both worlds that way.
Madmarttigan
AG
Well yeah I know it's a double edged sword, but that's also why they need to get rid of or improve tons of legs so that you aren't just finding hundreds of em.

[This message has been edited by Tv1113 (edited 8/21/2014 8:44a).]
benMath08
AG
Patch 2.1 is adding and improving a bunch of items. I think (hope) we can expect new items with each new season.
Civen
AG
And the new gems. Those are pretty big game changers worth making a new character.
Madmarttigan
Madmarttigan
AG
When is 2.1? I may be curious to rebuild a new account for a new season.
benMath08
AG
Soon TM

(maaaaaaaaaaaaybe this month)
AtlAg05
AG
It might be next Tuesday.
benMath08
AG
http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/blizzard-blog-greater-rifts-introduction
Here's the next Blizzard blog, this time on greater rifts.
benMath08
AG

I'll see you guys there
Hagen95
AG
Tuesday!
Greg09Ag
AG
Any of you wieners still playing the 360 or have I been completely abandoned by my internetting gaming efriends?
Wheatables02
AG
2.1! Going to get on tonight ASAP
benMath08
AG
http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/diablo-3-season-one-starts-friday-evening
A little disappointed the first season doesn't start until Friday...
Madmarttigan
AG
Anyone wanna give a breakdown on what are the better classes to start on these days? Are witch doctors still really strong? When I left crusaders got buffed and were viable and barbs were strong as always. DH was a glass cannon and not sure about wiz.
Civen
AG
DH - best class for high level rifts, the distinction of being a glass cannon is lost when all classes are basically 1 hit at high level play.

Crusader - probably 2nd - 3rd place and not bad, pretty tanky but melee is at a disadvantage in upper level rifts

Wiz - use hydra with the newly buffed Firebird set. Get serpent sparker so you can have 2 hydras (also see Furnace use) MM no longer used, really.

Barb - not as good as crusader

WD - slightly outclassed in high level rifts. Jade doc relied on 1 hitting everything, which doesn't happen in high levels, and pet doc has issues keeping pets alive. Still good, just not super OP anymore

Monk - lol.
benMath08
AG
The good news is the new leaderboards can give us actual statistics to go on. Of course that's way too much work so I'll just post the best single player rift completed for each class at the moment:

Wizard - Tier 37, 14:49
Barbarian - Tier 35, 13:32
Crusader - Tier 36, 10:34
Demon Hunter - Tier 39, 14:13
Monk - Tier 35, 11:34
Witch Doctor - Tier 36, 12:33

DH is definitely an outlier at the moment, especially if you look at lower leaderboard ranks compared to the other classes.
Civen
AG
quote:

Wizard - Tier 37, 14:49 - Pet (Hydra)
Barbarian - Tier 35, 13:32
Crusader - Tier 36, 10:34
Demon Hunter - Tier 39, 14:13 - Pet (Turret)
Monk - Tier 35, 11:34
Witch Doctor - Tier 36, 12:33 Pet (Fetishes)

Wonder if Blizzard realizes that the game is basically "let your pets kill stuff while you manically try to avoid getting touched"

Pretty much all the top classes rely on that strat, except crusader who has tons of mitigation (but an insanely hard gearing req)
benMath08
AG
To be fair it hasn't even been 24 hours yet for people to make new builds based on skill changes and to grab some of the new gear. Generally though I think you're right.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.