Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls updates from BlizzCon

70,136 Views | 598 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Wheatables02
jlb2957
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Agtuono... log on now so i can give you that wand; or it will be lost forever.
PMD03
AG
Dang! Oh well, We will all be using new gear in a few weeks anyways.
Ewok It Out08
AG
Started playing again last night and had a question related to the legendary items. Next to the primary and secondary stats, there are chevrons next to each attribute tied to the item. Why do some of these attributes have an orange chevron while others are faded out?
Ewok It Out08
AG
I think I found my answer. Per another website:

"When you compare 2 items the game will calculate difference between your Damage, Toughness and Healing that would occur if you equip the targeted item.

Orange diamond next to some stats means that those stats are not included in the comparison calculation (they don't affect your Damage, Toughness or healing), and you will have to decide for yourself if they are worth changing the item."
Cave Johnson, CEO
AG
The new exp is ridiculous. I started a new character and hit 60 before finishing hard mode.

Are you guys playing on PC or console?
jlb2957
AG
PC
bbattbq01
AG
quote:
The new exp is ridiculous. I started a new character and hit 60 before finishing hard mode.

Are you guys playing on PC or console?

I upped difficulty to torment1 last night with my wizard at Lvl 34 at the start of act 2. Went to bed at Lvl 45 having just entered the water way. Figure will probably hit 60 early act3 at this rate!
chigger
AG
Ok, after looking at the D3 site... so this is all just part of a pre-expansion update? I didn't know this was happening. Very interesting. I may have to jump on this weekend and try it out.
benMath08
AG
quote:
Ok, after looking at the D3 site... so this is all just part of a pre-expansion update? I didn't know this was happening. Very interesting. I may have to jump on this weekend and try it out.

Blizzard patched in a bunch of the updates that were made for the expansion. There are still some new features that are expansion-only but the game is waaaaay better now than it was. Very smart move by Blizzard, I bet they got a ton of additional preorders out of it.
chigger
AG
Wow... Just watched the video detailing the updates. Huge change. I'm definitely trying this out. I only have a couple of 60's in the 50k dps range, but this looks like a good opportunity to bump that up.
Madmarttigan
AG
I would definitely say this game now has the addicting feel that Diablo 2 once had. These changes are awesome.
Hagen95
AG
quote:
this game now has the addicting feel that Diablo 2 once had.

I hope not because I may not get anything done around the house if so.
Prime0882
AG
^^ Love the new changes, but the big thing holding me back from saying that it really reminds me of D2 is the fact that your choices are not permanent when it comes to character growth. Was fun making new characters to try out new builds...
Madmarttigan
AG
Ehh that isn't a huge deal to me. The new paragon system is really nice and the excitement of legendary drops makes it like old D2 again. New paragon system reminds me of going the extra distance to get 99 just for those extra stats although I only ever got to 98.
bbattbq01
AG
quote:
^^ Love the new changes, but the big thing holding me back from saying that it really reminds me of D2 is the fact that your choices are not permanent when it comes to character growth. Was fun making new characters to try out new builds...

I love being able to switch around. Don't have the time to make new chars to play with builds.
benMath08
AG
Here's a great page to answer a bunch of miscellaneous questions you might have: http://www.diablofans.com/forums/diablo-iii-general-forums/diablo-iii-general-discussion/82430-2-0-1-frequently-asked-questions-and-transition-to
SF2004
AG
quote:

What a retarded argument. This was one of the worst things about D2. A choice at level 15-20 would screw you in the later difficulties.

It is not like you played the game with a new toon anyway. You rushed him and bot ran him until a certain level. Then you input the cookie cutter build off the net you found.
chigger
AG
Ok so what difficulty are yall playing on? I have a 60 DH and tried Torment 1. I didnt have huge problems, but it took forever to kill stuff.

Tried Master with my 52 Barb and got my butt handed to me. Had to drop all the way down to Normal before it was manageable. One thing I forgot about was that the monsters scale to your level now. This was both in Act 1.

Any suggestions?
Madmarttigan
AG
There may be some cheap rares on the AH to help you out but as for demon hunter....

Sentry(spitfire) is probably one of the best abilities to help you down things. If you have trouble staying alive perfectionist as a passive is great and boar as a companion as well. Also I think rain of vengeance (stampede or flying strike) is our best CC ability. Shadow power with blood moon is really the only defensive ability worth using anymore, smoke screen is too short and they nerfed shadow power gloom to death.

As a hatred builder i would try the thunder ball bola shot for the stun, and hatred spender is up to you but people go for rapid fire or elemental arrow generally.

I am able to cheat with kridershot bow and use elemental arrow as my hatred builder so my build for MAXIMUM damage is this:

-left mouse elemental arrow frost arrow
-right mouse cluster arrow loaded for bear
- 1 sentry spitfire turret
- 2 rain of vengeance (stampede or flying strike)
- 3 shadow power blood moon
- 4 companion boar

Passives: cull of the weak, archery, steady aim

If i need more defense I use perfectionist instead of steady aim.
benMath08
AG
If you're below 60 just play on whatever difficulty is comfortable and let your gear catch up to you. We're leveling so fast right now because of the 50% buff that you can literally outlevel your gear before you have a chance to find better stuff through drops.

Once you hit 60 you should be able to slowly work your way up the difficulty levels even if you play entirely self found. I would play primarily public games, especially when you're undergeared, to let the other people carry you a bit.

Best case scenario is to play in a 4 player game with other texags people with everyone using the same primary stat. Easy to share loot that way.

Personally I don't think there's a need to buy stuff on the auction house any more, it just short circuits the gear-upgrade path.

[This message has been edited by benMath08 (edited 3/8/2014 4:25p).]
srob2004
AG
I'm running through the game on torment 1 with my main WD. (about 150K dps, 550K toughness) In middle of act 3 and all pretty easy to get through. Probably can bump up to t2 or t3 if I wanted, but I want to make it through the game before that.

This is a great time to level up your lowers or start a new toon. I put my level 10 DA in act 1 master and solo leveled up like 6 levels in a short span, amazing exp.
Prime0882
AG
quote:
quote:

What a retarded argument. This was one of the worst things about D2. A choice at level 15-20 would screw you in the later difficulties.

It is not like you played the game with a new toon anyway. You rushed him and bot ran him until a certain level. Then you input the cookie cutter build off the net you found.

So, it's better for the game to turn into seeing how fast I can clear an area after I hit 60 with every toon? I played a lot of D2 in a semi casual way I enjoyed, so I have no clue what you're talking about with bots... but I did enjoy trying out new variations of different classes. Did I create the builds? No. But, trying out something new was enjoyable. There's a lot less replayability in this one, for me.

[This message has been edited by jrc0811 (edited 3/9/2014 9:51a).]
boboguitar
AG
I feel like I have too much resistance on my wizard, it's at 800+. Is that really necessary? Even for tor 6?
chigger
AG
I had D2 installed on my machine for 10 years. I was a very casual player, but I did enjoy trying different builds also. I was NOT a fan of D3 until about 3-4 months ago after they had made a bunch of changes. I only played for about a month after it launched.

So far a lot of the changes in 2.0.1 seem really good. After playing last night it seems like its best to start on Normal or Hard and just get some updated gear first, then up the difficulty. I didnt have as much problem on my barb after getting his dps from 8k to 22k.

I'll try some of the DH suggestions. My dps is 70k right now. I think my crit is what is keeping it lower.
Wheatables02
AG
just joined Texags clan pending approval
Wheatables02
AG
what is "torment 1, 2 etc? I played last night for the first time in 18 months...loved the changes. Playing now as well.
txag2k
AG
I feel so lost.
benMath08
AG
http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/diablo-3-v2-0-1-tutorial-welcome-back-hell

That will give you the best introduction to all the new features in patch 2.0, as well as those upcoming in Reaper of Souls.
chigger
AG
From what I can tell so far, the best approach is to start off on Normal or maybe Hard (if your dps is decent) and play for a while on that level. You get SO many rares right off the bat, you will double or triple your dps in a very short time. You can literally upgrade almost every slot. After that then start bumping up the difficulty.

I've already found 3-4 legendaries in the short time I've played. My DH found a Buriza that was better than my old Windforce. Also a few other pieces that were better than the legendaries I had before.

I also agree now that the auction house is worthless. No real point at all of going there. You'll find so much stuff on your own so fast it doesnt make any sense to buy anything.

Also play around with the skills more. I'm using totally different skills than I was before and its way more manageable.
txag2k
AG
I started @ T6 and was like... ouch. Bumped back to T4 and played a few hours with some TexAg'rs the other night. I still have not found one thing that is an actual upgrade.
:-|
benMath08
AG
If you don't have a problem with T4 then you probably won't find many upgrades until the expansion hits. Blame the auction house.

One exception would be some of the "build changing" gear with affixes like "elemental arrow gains hatred instead of spends", "have two more sentries", etc.
PMD03
AG
It is tough to find upgrades if you were already geared. I have yet to upgrade from a pre-2.0 Skorn. The big thing now is getting most people decent gear and some paragon levels before the expansion.
boboguitar
AG
What will happen when RoS hits with paragon levels?

I assume we keep them, but do they keep increasing as you level up to 70? Do they stop increasing till you hit 70?
bbattbq01
AG
You'll level 61-70 then start getting paragon xp again.

I'm Concentrating on getting all classes to 60 more than gearing up while they have the 50% xp buff. I imagine all Lvl 60 gear will be pretty useless once Lvl 61 gear is out.
txag2k
AG
quote:
You'll level 61-70 then start getting paragon xp again.

I'm Concentrating on getting all classes to 60 more than gearing up while they have the 50% xp buff. I imagine all Lvl 60 gear will be pretty useless once Lvl 61 gear is out.

I agree. I'm just trying to level up while the XP bonus is going.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.