***********Official Diablo 3 Thread************

41,278 Views | 939 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by HeadGames
Texafret
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Should have this game in less then 2 weeks. Built a bad ass gaming comp. excited to see how well this game plays on it
kinto
Hope you enjoy it! It's not perfect, but it's fun to play through.
jlb2957
AG
I'll say give Blizzard a year of patches and tweaks and it should be much better!

...lol
Hagen95
AG
Page 3 is unacceptable.

Still no legendary items. Did find some crafting upgrades.
Twit Happens
I've been playing inferno act 1 and 2 for a while now and I've found 5 legendaries. Most of them suck. I found a legendary ring that has a little bit of life on hit which is the only reason I use it. I found the Immortal King's set weapon but it is terrible. It's a lvl 61 item which means it should be good enough to use in act 1 and 2 of inferno, but the dps is only 600! The dps should be at least 1000 dps for a 2 hand weapon to be good. I hope they fix these items with a patch soon.
BowSowy
AG
Yeah, I'm officially done with this game. I just can't get excited to play it anymore.
Hagen95
AG
So last night I finally found a legendary sword and it was worthless. If I can ever muster the interest to finish the inferno levels, I am probably done playing until a PvP patch comes out.

kinto
Are there any weapons or armor that provide Hatred regeneration for my DH?
Old Wooden Ship
AG
Quivers and cloaks can give you hatred regen or Max discipline
kinto
Thanks. I'll have to keep looking for them.
kinto
Any news on when PVP is coming out?
BowSowy
AG
Knowing Blizzard, it will either come out soon but be terrible or it will keep getting delayed. I wouldn't hold your breath.
Twit Happens
OR it will get delayed and still be horrible.
Madmarttigan
AG
Blizzard isn't known for doing things badly... I would say D3 is their first failure as a company. It wasn't a terrible game, but for their standards, it was a failure. I still think they are one of the top gaming companies, but I do have to ask what they were thinking when they created this loot system,which is the source of the games problem, not the auction house.

People think the AH ruined the game but that is only because the loot system made the AH such a damn necessity. You had to camp it every day to get your gear instead of getting gratifying legendary drops while farming.

BowSowy
AG
I don't know, Blizzard pushes out some pretty crappy patches that need constant downtime to update.
Baskin
AG
Blizzard pushing out a HUGE patch today. It should completely change the game and has definitely enticed me to dive back in and check out the changes. Here are a few of the big changes:

After a player reaches level 60, killing monsters and completing combat challenge streaks (Killing Blow, Massacre, etc) will begin to award experience towards Paragon levels

-There are 100 Paragon levels
-Every Paragon level will reward you with:
Core stats such as Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, and Vitality in amounts similar to what you'd gain from a normal level
-3% Magic Find and 3% Gold Find

-Magic Find will now cap at 300% (Nephalem Valor bonuses will still stack beyond this cap)
-Magic Find is no longer averaged among all players in a multiplayer game

-All level 60- 62 damage affixes have had their Minimum and Maximum top-end damage values increased
-Drop rate on quivers has been reduced
-Weapon racks have had their weapon drop rate restored to 100%, though weapons are more likely be of Common quality (white or grey items)
-Destructible objects now have a chance to drop items again

Significant changes have been made to Legendary items:

-Custom proc effects have been added to over 50 Legendary items and Set item bonuses
-All Legendary items will now roll with at least one of the following affixes to ensure that their DPS is viable: +Elemental Damage, +Attack Speed, +Critical Damage, +%damage, Has Sockets
-Affix values on Legendary items are no longer demoted and will now roll at their maximum potential
-Many lower level Legendary items have had their affix count increased to 6
-Legendary items based on Uniques from previous Diablo games have received a tuning pass to make their stats more reflective of their ancestors
-The chance for a Legendary item to drop that's below an item level of 50 has been increased
Item level 63 Legendary items have been added to the game

Legendary Sets:
-All item level 61 set pieces have been increased to item level 63 (excluding rings and amulets), and had their base item changed from late Hell/early Inferno to late Inferno
-Class-specific sets are now guaranteed to have the class’s core stat on every item in the set

-Pets have become much more viable
-HUGE class specific changes

Link Below:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6368188147?page=1#1
kinto
Thanks for the update!
reb,
AG
just saw this on Ars but Baskin beat me to it

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/08/blizzard-to-extend-diablo-iii-endgame-with-100-new-character-levels/

im definitely going to check it out after not playing for over two months
fta09
AG
They definitely listened to the player base after their first few failures of patches.
reb,
AG
too little too late, though?
Baskin
AG
quote:
They definitely listened to the player base after their first few failures of patches.

Literally...check out this video that Kripp posted in June:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdwQ5aXOStQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=637s

And I don't think it will be too little too late...guys like me have been pessimistically waiting in the aisles for something game changing to come out, and it seems like this patch is addressing most of the "end game" problems that were driving people away: Lack of "leveling," inadequate reward for the time you had to put in to find items you can actually use, and frustratingly inconsistent difficulty. Respectively, they introduced the Paragon system, increased Rare and Legendary item stats, and are toning down the Champion pack difficulty while increasing the mob difficulty in order to fix some of these issues.

Diablo II was around for a while, so I don't know if it will ever be too late for D3 to become interesting again.
fta09
AG
Yeah, I lol'd when I saw the notes about Paragon levels on diablofans since I had seen that video a while back.
reb,
AG
welp, i did 3 butcher runs and got paragon level 1.

They nerfed Butch. I just stood in the flames and went toe to toe without issue.

There are some nifty graphical things going on. For exploding palm, a hand appears above the mob so you know which one you put it on.

I'm honestly not sure why I'm going to keep playing outside of the fact it seems to be one of the few things that helps me get my mind off work and other stuff, so its a real diversion. As far as the game itself, the patch seems like it was sorely needed but i'm still mostly bored by it.
BowSowy
AG
Trying to compete with GW2
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
Too little, too late. I'm not going to put effort into trying to re-enjoy a game. I'm just waiting for Borderlands 2 to come out. I may try GW2 though.
kawood82
AG
probably too little too late for my group of friends we all switched off back to LoL

[This message has been edited by kawood82 (edited 8/22/2012 10:55a).]
Hagen95
AG
So I went and tried it out and found a decent legendary sword. I've did some Zultan/Belial runs and it seemed better.

It seems to have drummed up some more players, but I know most interest has fizzled.

I'll have to try it after a few more Mann vs Machine rounds in TF2.
wasabi1787
AG
The patch is really nice, but unfortunately for them Dark Souls is coming out for the PC tomorrow.
Baskin
AG
I found this farming Act 3 yesterday...my pants were promptly ruined.

I'm pretty sure I will NEVER find anything this good again. Now I'm just going to be chasing the dragon.

EDIT: Didn't mean to use the puke face, but whatever, I'll just roll with "I was so excited I threw up everywhere."

[This message has been edited by Baskin (edited 8/23/2012 3:16p).]
reb,
AG
wow...
bbattbq01
AG
Nice mace.

I started playing again after the patch and am going to try to make my way through inferno now. I quit a couple months ago so I wouldn't get a legendary before the patch and then have it be worthless.

Beat the butcher last night and still no legendaries... crazy how many yellows you get with the buff on inferno though. Too bad never anything good still.
Hagen95
AG
Swweeett mace.
Baskin
AG
Haha, thanks. I'm finally able to grind my way through most of Act III (still haven't tried Azmodan yet though). I had to suck it up and buy some resist all gear for my Demon Hunter in place of Magic Find, and it makes a world of difference. The quality of drops in A3 are just so much better than the previous two.
Wheatables02
AG
What are your resistances?
Baskin
AG
I'm at about the mid-500's.

Got most of it for about 500K...it's all about buying gear with Resist All AND Core Stat OR Vitality. Buying something with all 3 is WAY more expensive.

So I have a lot of stuff with RA and Dex, and then a few things that I found with all 3. I'm not a beast or anything, but I can get hit 3-4 times without dying instead of just once, which is nice.

Link to gear:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Baskinato-1652/hero/2423006

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.