***********Official Diablo 3 Thread************

41,287 Views | 939 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by HeadGames
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bbattbq01

Luckily I have found a few really good rares (wizard hat, source, shoulders), the rest of my stuff I have from the AH. I'm not sure how I would be surviving now in Hell without the AH. Its the only way I have been able to keep my DPS progressing, and getting enough +Int +Vit for my Wizard. It is also annoying how much rare stuff I find for other classes, and not my own.
Baskin
AG
My friend found a set belt yesterday, Act 2 Inferno, Tal Rasha's belt. Pretty cool, but not amazing or anything.
EastSideAg2002
^
|

Reply 666
jlb2957
AG
Been sitting at 59 for a while now...i guess I'll play tonight and ding 60...

I'm just waiting for them to fix the hacking problem as well as revamp the gear. It just seems that farming Inferno right now isn't worth it until the items are overhauled...
reb,
AG
still just farming the imprisoned angel, close to a week now. for some reason, i'm finding that doing it 3 to 4 times a night is meditative or zen or something for me. but I know I'll get tired of it in the near future
Baskin
AG
quote:
^
|

Reply 666

Haha, cool. I found a shield with 666 armor on it, put it on the auction house at 666 min bid and 6,666 buyout. Don't think it sold though.

The Warden/Butcher runs are great. Yeah they're repetitive, but you don't blow 30K gold per run repairing your stuff like the A2 runs. It's quick, gives you decent gold, a dozen or so iLvl 60 items that can be salvaged for even more gold production, and a handful of stuff that can be sold on the AH.
jlb2957
AG

lol
reb,
kinto
very funny
txag2k
AG
heh
astroaggie13
AG
Just sold some boots on the real money AH for $20. Quitting my day job!
Madmarttigan
AG
saying diablo 3 isn't hard ... dunno about that one. Inferno is brutal right now. Yeah I cheated and killed diablo with a friend but it is overall pretty brutal.
Madmarttigan
AG
Also JLB, once 1.03 comes out getting gear in inferno should be infinitely better since the top tier items can drop in ANY act.
SF2004
AG
I am having a hard time staying motivated in D3 for the gear grind. Sitting at lvl 47 and just dont have the want to gain the three levels to get to hell.

How has the RMAH affected the gold auction house? Have the top tier items all moved over?
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
I stopped playing, but some of my friends still do. The awesome items have mostly moved to the RMAH because they're selling at the cap price ($250).

I'm wondering if part of the problem isn't that inferno is too hard, but that the first 3 levels are too easy. You basically sprint through those levels and then hit inferno and hit a brick wall. I think if they had put a level cap for each difficulty, and made it so that you maybe had to farm a little bit in each difficulty to get the right gear for the next one, that wouldn't have made inferno so much of a ballbuster.
Madmarttigan
AG
Inferno act 1 is perfectly fine. It is really really easy with some gear. The increase from act 1 to act 2 is pretty insane, and from act 2 to act 3 is also insane.

As they have already said though, act 1 is where they want it to be and they are improving acts 2-4. They also already gave inferno a huge nerf by hotfixing it to where monsters do not do more damage with more party members.
Old Wooden Ship
AG
I've got some 150 hrs of playtime over 3 characters and the rmha kinda sucks. Its hard to find top items in the gold auction house because its all moved over the rmha. Thinking about just quitting.
reb,
AG
they could do a lot by a smoother increase in difficulty between acts

I do act1 all the time. But my ass is MEAT on the first quest of act2.
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
if the rmha becomes the only way to get decent gear then I will quit. No way I'm paying real money for virtual items

I imagine eventually it'll even out between the two ahs
Old Wooden Ship
AG
I'm hoping it evens out. I've got some buddies have bought some stuff but I just don't see the point. I don't like blizzards addition of that just another way to milk money imo but that's another topic.

As far the difficulty increase its stupid from butcher to act 2 I'm fighting magda right now on a wizard 45k dps 4.3k armor and 27k HP and I'm having a tough time.
Fuzzbutt
AG
If I find top tier items you'd better believe I'm going to be selling it on the RMAH especially if it's $250 (though I doubt much is selling at that price)
Old Wooden Ship
AG
Its that mentality exactly why I think the rmah shouldn't have been added.
reb,
AG
i just spent about 5 hours in inferno whimsyshire trying to kill a yellow cuddly bear. that **** is going to haunt my dreams.
Fuzzbutt
AG
quote:
Its that mentality exactly why I think the rmah shouldn't have been added.

I agree, but a sword on a game that I'm going to be tired of in a month isn't worth $10 to me much less $250. Blizzard has to be making a killing off of it though too. I doubt its going anywhere.
Hornographer
To be honest, I've been incredibly lucky in drops and have sold 4 items for over $100 already. I can't believe there is that kind of demand/market for them but the only way I'd go back to the gold auction house with my top items is if I could get more than $250 worth of gold out (and sadly that'll happen with 1600+ dps weapons).

If you're frustrated with the lack of good items on the gold auction house, all I can say is sell something for real money and use the balance to buy new gear. I've been transferring all my money straight to paypal as I have no interest in spending $$$ on items, but at least it wouldn't be coming out of your wallet that way.
wee_ag
AG
Sounds like it's gotten to the point where we shouldn't bother listing gear in the AH unless it's super-high level stuff.

What kind of stats are on your gear that you guys having luck selling (either in gold or real)? I've had little success selling off my level 30-ish gear.

[This message has been edited by wee_ag (edited 6/18/2012 9:51a).]
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
ideally i think it'd be great if pre-60 stuff went on the gold AH, so casual players could still enjoy the game and hardcore "end-game" players (which i am not) could spend their hard earned cash on being the best. everyone wins

i doubt it'll end up that way though
Cromagnum
AG
Yeah, the AH is definitely tanked now. Used to be, I could sell 10 items in an hour or two. Now I cannot sell a single item when I put it up for 1/10 of what I used to put it up for. And these are items with the correct primary stat, vitality, LoH or IAS, and resistances mind you. Seems that unless it's a top roll across the board, folks won't even look at it.
reb,
AG
In a group of ten, I'm happy if 1 sells. last one was a warlocks core for 100k.

if its not an awesome roll, now, I just sell it to a vendor. its true it won't be looked at on ah even if its cheap, mostly.

hope the patch comes soon.
SF2004
AG
It seems that the RMAH has screwed this game. Selling items for $250. Screw that I have better things to do with my time and money.

This game had such potential. Blizzard should have just kept the gold AH and then allowed players to buy gold from them if they wanted to.
Baskin
AG
Lowest Moment for me so far:

Fighting Seigebreaker, in Inferno. Almost got him, when I open the inventory screen and start throwing on my Magic Find gear. Somehow, while I'm swapping gear and moving at the same time, I grab my BADASS, 600K gold Magic Find pants (20% MF, high Dex, Vitality, 2 sockets, mid 500's armor) and THROW THEM ON THE GROUND. Literally half a second later, Seigebreaker rams my ass to death and bye-bye pants. You were the finest pair of pantalones I've ever known.
reb,
AG
$250 * 0.15 = $37.50 a pop for blizz per transaction

It's just sick. They control everything on the supply side here, they can change any parameter to keep people happy and their wallets open for them. They can play god for virtual goods in a way that Apple would lust for. Apple basically needs 3rd parties to sink time and money into developing apps that are hit or miss on finding a niche. Blizz can snap their fingers and meet demand with a few keystrokes. It's a terrifyingly awesome business model if you don't care about gaming.
Fuzzbutt
AG
Exactly. As soon as the market is saturated with 1600 DPS items they can introduce a 2k DPS item.
reb,
AG
...and 2K DPS suddenly makes inferno act 3/4 too easy? patch to make it harder. Constantly reshuffle, rebalance, cat and mouse, tit for tat, its a cycle that can be repeated forever. It's begging for abuse, THATS what is frightening. They basically have to walk a fine line between squeezing every last drop of blood that they can from players without blowing their cover. Economies have to operate according to certain rules people trust, and the only real law here is a nebulous, vague idea that blizz will 'make the game the best experience possible.'

[This message has been edited by reb, (edited 6/18/2012 3:37p).]
Fuzzbutt
AG
And that remains why I won't be buying any items for real money. I think that they'll actually make more money off of the volume of low dollar items selling than the high dollar items.

$1 auction fee + 15% of sale price x tons of items = big money

[This message has been edited by Fuzzbutt (edited 6/18/2012 3:41p).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.