***********Official Diablo 3 Thread************

41,279 Views | 939 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by HeadGames
reb,
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lag was worse last night than the night before. Levels were breaking (as in, I'd be walking down a hall that abruptly ended in nothingness because the level didn't render).

I've farmed 'The Imprisoned Angel' (act1 quest thats warden and butch) on inferno about 30 times so far. Found an amulet and weapon that replaced my old ones. Went to act2, and insta-death. Guess its time to find more resists gear, 427/all won't cut it.
Baskin
AG
I also do The Imprisoned Angel a ton. I can farm the first part of Act 2 pretty well, but the repair costs keep me from making enough gold and the mediocre (occasionally really good) items just don't make it worth it yet. Instead I bought a ton of Gold Find gear with stats that keep me battle worthy and am planning on running Imprisoned Angel until I have enough to start buying better Act 2 gear. It's tedious, but it's rewarding when you're constantly picking up 1K plus gold drops.

BTHO Maintenance.
reb,
AG
Maybe I should do that too so I can get more gold. I've been making good $ without any, but I've been also busy maxing out my jeweler and upgrading gems.

Anyone want to trade for Topaz's 1 for 1? Seriously. I want rid of them.
Baskin
AG
I've got tons of Topaz and tons of Ruby's (being a Demon Hunter). Will def trade for Emeralds or Amethyst. Currently I've got 2 Star Emeralds and 1 Star Amethyst...pretty sure that's where most of my money has gone.
wee_ag
AG
New update today & real money auction house is live.
reb,
AG
servers back up?
wee_ag
AG
I'm on now... just posted some stuff in the cash house ($10-$12) just to see what happens.

Some people charging $75 for some rings - haven't got a clue how to list things with real money
reb,
AG
changelog:

quote:
Diablo III Patch 1.0.2c - v.1.0.2.9991
The latest client patch notes can be found here.
Visit our Bug Report forum for a list of known issues.
Hotfixes made in addition to changes in patch 1.0.2c can be found here.
Table of Contents
General
Bug Fixes
General
The real-money auction house is now live!
To access the real-money auction house, click on the "Auction House" button on the left-hand side of the campaign screen, and then on the button showing your region's currency in the upper right-hand corner of the auction house interface.
For more information, see the comprehensive Auction House guide and FAQ.
If the authentication service is busy, the login checkbox will now wait at "Authenticating Credentials" until a player's login attempt can be processed. As a result, players should no longer encounter Error 37 when logging in.
Achievements have been granted to players who previously completed their objectives, but were not correctly awarded completion credit.

Bug Fixes
Fixed several crashes which occurred when clicking on player-generated item links in the game client

I'd like to say again...an auction house mobile app or at least a web interface would be so money.
wasabi1787
AG
Finally hit 60 with my wizard. 9000 DPS, 4000 armor, 45000 HP, resistances from 300-350.

Just need to start bumping up my DPS and I'll be ready to rock it in inferno.
Cromagnum
AG
LOL Wasabi...what is the opposite of a glass cannon? A concrete pea shooter? That's a ton of armor and hp for a wizard.
wasabi1787
AG
My idea was that if I can stay alive I will eventually get the damage. And now that I can get 60 weapons it'll be easy to get dmg

Disclaimer- those stats were with my armor buff.

[This message has been edited by wasabi1787 (edited 6/12/2012 9:52p).]
Madmarttigan
AG
Im going to at least have 400+ resists at some point. I fully intend to be able to take at least 1 hit from any act in inferno as a demon hunter.

[This message has been edited by tv1113 (edited 6/13/2012 12:18a).]
reb,
AG
400+ resists won't save you
wee_ag
AG
Just spent an hour running through the Butcher act in Nightmare and he didn't even freaking drop a rare. WTF - I thought the patch was suppose to make the bosses drop rares.
Cromagnum
AG
That's in 1.03 wee_ag (and only with 5 stacks valor). Got to wait a bit more.

[This message has been edited by Cromagnum (edited 6/13/2012 7:23a).]
Madmarttigan
AG
Actually 1.03 makes bosses drop less rares and when you kill packs with 5 stacks you are guaranteed more rares.
reb,
AG
auction house is down right now?

fark. I wanted to check my auctions before leaving. Did a test yesterday and the RDP client I am using, Splashtop, won't support opening Diablo through it. Guess I might have to figure out how to do the real windows RDP.
Baskin
AG
Have you guys tried selling Iridescent Tears or Exquisite Essence on the Commodity Market? DO IT! It's awesome. The sells happen w/in 10 minutes of posting usually; Tears go for about $1200 each and EE about $1800 each. If you see a Level 60 Magic/Rare item that you're about to sell to the vendor, just salvage it and you'll get at least 1 of the 2 resources. After doing this for a few hours, you'll have about 100 EE, which will net you $180,000. It's beautiful.
PMD03
AG
What are the stacks of valor you mentioned for finding rares?

I got to act 3 hell with a level 55 monk and decided that melee was dumb so I made a wizard and am now at level 40 in act 2 nightmare. Hopefully I can get some more play time in to hit 60 and do inferno difficulty.
Hagen95
AG
quote:
Tears go for about $1200 each and EE about $1800 each.

Are they really going for that?
wee_ag
AG
I'm assuming you mean 1800 GOLD not $1800 (as in real money)
txag2k
AG
quote:
What are the stacks of valor you mentioned for finding rares?

From the D3 Forums:

Each stack increases your Gold and Magic Find by 15%, to a maximum of five stacks/75%. You gain one stack each time you kill a rare/champion pack once you are level 60. Changing any of your skills will remove your stack.

At five stacks, you are guaranteed to find at least 2 rares from bosses. A coming patch will change this to a guaranteed one rare per rare/champion pack and per boss.
Baskin
AG
Hah, yes, I meant gold but was too lazy to type "gold."
Cromagnum
AG
Leoric's mansion is by far my favorite place to farm, reload, farm. As a monk I can place a dot on all the mobs inside to have them chain explode and clear the whole inside in less than a minute. Sometimes I get a rare elite thrown in. I go outside and always get at least one rare pack and one chest. On inferno its easily 10-20k in loose gold plus blues, and sometimes awesome rares on top of it.
Baskin
AG
I might have to check that out, Cro. I usually start my runs right after that point, starting at Halls of Agony L1 all the way to the Butcher.

I saw a nifty little A2 Goblin Farming trick: Start a quest towards the later part of A2 (you need to have Ancient Path unlocked). TP to Ancient Path and go Northeast. If you don't see a Treasure Goblin by the time you get to the top of the switchback, TP to Road to Alcarnus and slowly clear it out. There is likely a Goblin hanging out in that main where the portal is.

There's about a 45% chance there will be a goblin at either location, and a 10% chance or so that he will be at both locations.

Here's a vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m9_8TXQRWE

It gets pretty boring though, and you really don't get much w/o Valor Stacks. I recommend starting the Magda quest, go to Alcarnus and confirm you have a goblin, clear out the area but don't mess with the goblin,, go farm your 5 stacks, kill the goblin, kill Magda, profit.
I killed Diablo last night (Nightmare) and no rare drop, so annoying. Have not seen a Legendary drop either... On to Hell with my LVL 51 Wizard, marching towards 60.
Cromagnum
AG
60+ hours /played and still have not seen one legendary or set item drop (and only 3 rares that were even level 60). Loot drops are freaking stingy.
kbassil
AG
That's got to be my biggest annoyance with D3. I can kill a group of 20 zombie todlers and find a couple rares (without stacks) + a few blues. Then I go and kill the DEMON LORD himself only to find 2 blues. Makes no effing sense.
flintdragon
AG
Wait till you find and get all excited about your first legendary or set drop and start thinking cha-ching only to see that it is crappy compared to items with the same name in the AH. Then you go sell it for less than 30k.
kbassil
AG
I have found 3 legendaries and I'm only 55. All 3 have been CRAP CRAP CRAP!!! Sold 1 for 9k, another for 15k and the last one for about 60k. so depressing.
BadMoonRisin
AG
just started inferno last night, still on act i. Anyone want to group up?

Ima demon hunter.
Fuzzbutt
AG
I spent an hour and a half finding the pieces for the staff. I just have to get the pattern now. It's a pain to do the same levels over and over trying to wait for the thing to spawn. I had much better luck in nightmare than I did in normal. Maybe that was just pure dumb luck, but it happened 3 times.
wee_ag
AG
WOOOOWOOOOO! Black mushrooms!!
Madmarttigan
AG
I fortunately did it with a friend and farmed up the inferno staff. Made it WAY easier with 2 people.

As for legendaries. I have found 5 terrible ones. and 4 of those 5 were 2 legendaries that I had the awesome luck of getting doubles of.

I have probably farmed inferno more than anyone on here and haven't seen a set piece either lol.
bbattbq01
AG
quote:
I killed Diablo last night (Nightmare) and no rare drop, so annoying. Have not seen a Legendary drop either... On to Hell with my LVL 51 Wizard, marching towards 60.

I'm at same pt with my DH... just killed diablo for woohoo 2 mid 40's level blues. I don't think I've found one yellow in game yet that I've been able to use. Items are so annoying that they are useless if they don't have one of the main stats + vit (+slots for weapons at least for sure) they are just junk.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.