***********Official Diablo 3 Thread************

41,291 Views | 939 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by HeadGames
Fuzzbutt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well the good news is that my stuff was in the auction house today and it sold. Holy crap some people want a lot of gold for their loot!

How are y'all going about pricing it?
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
It all depends on stats. If you get a perfectly itemized piece of armor you can get quite a bit of change. I sold a halfway decent WD dagger the other day for 200k and figured I was asking a high price; it sold in about 3 hours.

I think once the RMAH gets going, that's the only place you'll be seeing the best items. I have a feeling you'll pay anywhere 10-20 bucks for a nice item, and probably 50-100 for some of the best items possible.

As a player, I hate what Blizzard did with the AH. But as a business strategy, it's friggin brilliant.
Madmarttigan
AG
Anyone wanna tank diablo on inferno ?!

Got him to the shadow realm
flakrat
AG
Mickey, it sure beats the Diablo1 days where we'd make trades across the creek in Tristram :-)

1 .. 2 .. 3 .. drop loot ... run across bridge .. grab loot
Agfencer98
AG
Wow... I remember that.
Twit Happens
quote:
Mickey, it sure beats the Diablo1 days where we'd make trades across the creek in Tristram :-)

1 .. 2 .. 3 .. drop loot ... run across bridge .. grab loot

Wait, so you couldn't look at the item until you picked it up on the other side? They could just lie about the item.
Fuzzbutt
AG
IIRC there was a trade screen, but noone used out because you could pick up the item at the last second then accept the trade and steal the other item.
reb,
AG
after getting my ass beaten thoroughly in act2/hell, i decided to try and get more serious about resistances.

So I picked one (arcane) that let me get the best combo of helm and belt in the AH for my buck that also was +dex and +vit. I now have 95 resistance to all and will continue to pick up +arcane/dex/vit stuff. i think thats the smart way, right? Or would a better one like fire or cold be preferable?

expensive solution but doable.
reb,
AG
Slightly changed my tactic...searched for +resist-all/+arcane/+dex/+vit

ive gone from having most resists under 50, 17K HP and 4.1K DPS to all resists at 346, 24K HP and 2.8K DPS. And I still have boots, helm, armor and belt left to upgrade. Guess I'm bullish on the auction house now heh
Cromagnum
AG
Don't know your class, but if a monk, you can pile on one resistance type and use a passive to make all the other types equal that one.
MGS
I remember not needing to make trades in Diablo because people would just give you stuff they duped.

[This message has been edited by MGS (edited 6/1/2012 8:50a).]
reb,
AG
cro...'One with Everything'

what im doing is built around it.

Its really ridiculous. I went from not being able to stay alive more than a minute on the first quest of act2/hell, to going off and soloing through act3 despite being in a game with multiple people and gained 4 levels. For now, my monk is hoss and the game isn't frustrating anymore. I got into a zone and played about 7 hours and died just a handful of times despite my go-to tactic being throwing myself headlong into the biggest cluster**** i could find, for the most part it was easy, even a bit boring (because my DPS is still low so it just takes a damn while to finally kill stuff). I do know the 'easy' part of it dies forever in inferno, though.

The elective button mapping helped that too so I could use both sanctuary and breath of wind to stay healed (along with casting secondary to get HP through transcendence passive skill).

The sad result of this is that even though I can actually, you know, play the game again now...it means that the odds of actually finding loot in-game that I will end up using is very low, as its not likely to fit in with the system. The AH replaces that for what is actually used. But it doesn't mean questing is for nothing though, because you will still find good items that can be sold on the AH, and that money pumped into buying better equipment on it.
Cromagnum
AG
Yeah, I have a 56 monk and just beat the butcher, so I haven't started act 2 hell yet. I'm at 30k hp with about 6500 base dps and 100 resist all at the moment. We'll see how things start to go.
reb,
AG
i covet your HP
Baskin
AG
quote:
(ps. this is a joke, but I sure wish it wasn't)

At least on the Battle.net forums the guy wrote that part in bold, you heartless person. Those changes would be AWESOME...hide whites? In-game auction house? ADD A SOCKET?! Damn I just got blue balled.
reb,
AG
you ahole
Wheatables02
AG
1.03 changes
Rule Number 32
AG
Lol, you had me going until the part about increased drops on bosses.
reb,
AG
I just took a look over there. To say the battlenet forums need to be put on suicide watch doesn't begin to convey the desperation and misery I saw.
jlb2957
AG
ASS!

I was really diggin those changes and getting excited!!!

Turning off whites...in game AH...socket adding?!?!

Man I was pumped...
Wheatables02
AG
Just got to hell with my barbarian. I have 30 k HP and do 2 k damage but I died against a basic yellow boss right out of the gate..
MGS
You have to know that they are saving all of that for the expansion next year.
jlb2957
AG
Wow...account got hacked and I lost over 150k gold and all my perfect/radiant gems.

I know I needed to get the authenticator...but c'mon blizzard. How are these people getting ahold of my account info? I don't go to any unusual sites and download ****. I also haven't played a public game in weeks.

I set up the pin # authenticator now. I hope Blizzard can return all my stuff.
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
hit my first rough patch in nightmare, act 2 with my monk. i got lazy with my skills and took out my good crowd-control knockback skill, and came up against a Fast Illusionist champion pack, i got absolutely slaughtered. put my knockback ability back on though and now i know better
reb,
AG
ouch jlb. something is definitely screwy with how many people are getting hacked.

hopefully they can roll you back to how you were before
reb,
AG
i honestly didn't realize there was a level cap at 60 and now i feel 'tarded. sort of disappointing, tbh
Fuzzbutt
AG
Seems to me like way too many people are already at lvl 60. I know there are lots of people that will play like crazy for this, but it seems like it's pretty a pretty short span to get to the highest level.

It's pretty obvious that they built this game with an expansion pack necessary. I probably won't be buying it unless most of the 1.03 fixes posted above are included.
Madmarttigan
AG
I don't think inferno needs that much tweaking i think people just need to realize they need to farm up a lot of gear. It is meant to be a slow progress not a fast thing. They were trying to give this game longevity. I do belial runs with 5 stacks solo now just like I used to do butcher runs. I'm sure in the future I will be able to handle Azmodan runs at some point.
Fuzzbutt
AG
Just got to nightmare. It's funnot having to listen to the story. I know I'm slow, but someone here has to work
reb,
AG
This is certainly a different game, as has been noted, packs of rare monsters are far harder than bosses. I solo'd Azmoden and Diablo on Hell. Just took forever to hack away at them.
AliasMan02
AG
Been playing a little on my guest pass to test my Internet connection and how it handles the game. It varies from a little lag gy to damn lag gy. That spoils a little of the fun.

I obviously don't know how it holds up at higher levels, but I'm a little surprised at how different it feels than Diablo 2. I can't really put my finger on it.

I also realize that I'm still playing at the very lowest levels, but I'm not sure how crazy I am about the new skill system. I assumed that Runes would be items to be found/collected (and I think it was actually like that at one point during the build). I appreciate the fact that the D3 system basically allows you to respec your skills on the fly, but I find that I do miss a little of the planning.

I also really wish that I could map any of my skills to the left/right mouse buttons as I please. I'm not missing something, am I? Playing a DH I'd like to be able to hit a hotkey and switch through different types of attacks.

The game looks awesome, and has been a lot of fun in the little I've played. Given my connectivity issues, I may just give all of the classes a try and then ultimately have to wait a year and a half to play the thing for real. That's probably about when the expansion will come out, in any case; or the first expansion, I should say. They'll have a lot of them for D3, I'm guessing.

[This message has been edited by AliasMan02 (edited 6/2/2012 12:31a).]
reb,
AG
alias, iirc, go to options-> gameplay-> elective mode
Old Wooden Ship
AG
Got hacked as well lost 260k and some high dps items I was waiting to set up in the AH. Bit even gonna bother with dealing the blizzard. Already set up the authenticator to avoid it again.
reb,
AG
CHRIST ON THE CROSS, WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!
Fuzzbutt
AG
Alias, if you do what reb said it'll let you put any skill on any slot.

Also the number of people getting hacked is crazy. I wonder if it if partially due to the pending real money auction house.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.