***********Official Diablo 3 Thread************

41,322 Views | 939 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by HeadGames
mickeyrig06sq3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Saw a quote from a player that said "Diablo III is actually just an auction house with a game built around it". Part of me is wondering if this is the truth.

Some of the items make no sense when it comes to stats; I don't think that Blizzard built any sort of ilvl system into the game. Or if they did, it has one helluva range that it considers acceptable.
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
I think I disagree with that, I'm only in nightmare but I've had almost 30 hours of play time and only used the auction house to sell stuff
babie_kreauxda
AG
heads up guys..

my account just got hacked...

lost everything
fta09
AG
There's absolutely no reason to not go download the mobile authenticator. If you do not have a phone capable of using the mobile authenticator, spend the $7 and get a physical authenticator. Note that these are the things that give you a 6-digit code to enter once a week during the log-in process, not the text alert that your account has already been comprimised. Blizzard's system remembers your location, so if you were to log in from Texas on Monday and then try to log in from New York on Tuesday, it would require you to enter the code.
SemperGigEm
AG
Had you played in public games?
SemperGigEm
AG

[This message has been edited by SemperGigEm (edited 5/28/2012 6:32p).]
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
just set up the authenticator, thanks for the advice
wee_ag
AG
Authenticators
reb,
AG
did the authenticator too, good call

now in act4 nightmare
reb,
AG
so I'm gathering that the 'Fall of the High Heavens' games are strictly quick looting games? heh
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
Reb, which spirit generator are you using? halfway through nightmare I switched to the sweeping fist or cyclone fist, whatever it's called. The multiple enemies hit is helping my survivability a lot
reb,
AG
way of hundred first with spirited salvo
Twit Happens
I just played a nightmare act 1 game with three monks. We each had on a different mantra, and we were pretty much unstoppable. Nothing could kill us.

Also, the transcendence passive skill helps a ton in nightmare because it heals you whenever you use spirit points.
reb,
AG
transcendence, chant of resonance, combination strike spirit yummies
jlb2957
AG
Wizard.

Diamond Skin (longer lasting)/Hydra (arcane)/familiar (fire for bonus dmg)/Mirror Image (exploding when killed)/Electrocute (stream of electricity)/Disintegrate (multiple beams)

I use those pretty much all the time...and just clean up trash/rares/bosses. It's ridiculous how much I melt waves of mobs.
reb,
AG
i stopped playing long enough to realize i haven't showered or shaved since friday.

act1/hell makes me want to suck my thumb and cry.
reb,
AG
Any update, krobocop? Any idea how your account became compromised? Has anyone hooked you up with some loot to get started again?

That must have completely sucked
Rule Number 32
AG
I finished Nightmare last night on my 50 Wizard and got through the skeleton king on hell. Currently 53 with about 3500 dps.

Currently running:
diamond skin - higher absorb level
Venom Hydra (this thing is awesome. It melts single targets)
Frost Nova with shorter cooldown
Ice Armor with 100% weapon damage to melee attackers. This makes it where I destroy mobs pretty quickly if its a large number of small creeps, they just blow up when they hit me.
Magic Weapon with either force (15% extra damage) or Poison - I have tried multiple times without this skill and I just keep coming back. A free 15% dps is pretty nice
Shocking Pulse Orb - VERY high AOE damage that shreds through big packs. I change this to magic missile 143% for bosses with no aoe

Current passives:
20% melee reduction
15% skill cooldowns
galvanizing ward - heals me when my shields are up

I've tried so many builds but this one is my favorite so far. Some of the creep packs are so difficult early in hell that I have been taking 4 defensive skills, venom hydra and the orb thing and just spamming my defensive skills and letting the hydra whittle them down. It takes a while, but it works most of the time.

My least favorite new skill in hell: invulnerable minions. Holy crap, that is annoying
Cromagnum
AG
53 Monk right now just starting in Hell. Forgive me for forgetting the names of the skils, but here is my build.

1. 3 Sec Invincibility with rune to heal.
2. Exploding palm with rune to chain dot/explode.
3. Cyclone with rune to increase damage to 60%.
4. Mantra of Healing with rune for spirit regen.

Left Click: WOTHF with attack and move speed rune.

Right Click: Giant bell, but with the one that causes AOE dmg.

Passives:
Transcendace for spirit use healing.
15% dodge for dual wielding.
100 Extra spirit.

Currently rocking about 2300 dps and 23k hp, but have 2 300+ dps weapons in the bank for level 55.

[This message has been edited by Cromagnum (edited 5/29/2012 8:46a).]
BowSowy
AG
My friend got hacked the other day, and contacted Blizzard about it. It took them a few days, but they restored everything he had; apparently they take periodic "screenshots" of your character so that they can restore them easily.
reb,
AG
as a monk im still having a hard time figuring out why I would use anything except Breath of Heaven. That thing has kept me in half the fights I've been in.
Davester
My 2 accounts got hacked, was watching my son play when the first happened. They logged in while he was playing. He logged back in, was booted a few seconds later, then the password failed. We quickly went to the web and changed the password. He lost 1 gold item and all his cash.

While this was happening my second account was hacked, lost all gold, all vault items and all gear on my other son's char. Low level so no big deal.

Talked to Blizzard a few hours later and they could do a roll back, but by then my other kids had already leveled a bunch and we would have lost that so we decided to go as is.

No big deal just out a bunch of gear and cash that we have already replaced.

I now have the moble authenticator for one account. Not able to use 1 phone for 2 accounts.

Thanks,
David
Davester
And no we do not do public games.
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
quote:
as a monk im still having a hard time figuring out why I would use anything except Breath of Heaven. That thing has kept me in half the fights I've been in.

granted i'm still in nightmare act 2, but i've been using serenity with the healing rune instead of breath of heaven and it's been working fine for me. i'm thinking of dropping another skill to have both on the belt at once though
reb,
AG
hmm ill give it another try
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
it's more about serenity being a must-have for me, though. 3 seconds of invulnerability (4 when i get that last rune) is enough time to completely get a second wind and turn the tide of a losing fight. i'll probably need to augment it with breath of heaven eventually though
benMath08
AG
If you're concerned about someone hacking your account, this article is a must-read: http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/scary-facts-on-d3-account-hacking

It includes a lot of official Blizzard responses and the tl;dr is if you want true security for your account, get an authenticator. The mobile one is free, the physical one is sold at cost for $6.50.

[This message has been edited by benMath08 (edited 5/29/2012 10:26a).]
Ewok It Out08
AG
I have a 60 Monk, currently in Act 2 Inferno. First of all, as a melee class going into Act 2 Inferno, be prepared to be destroyed unless you have geared properly and have solid weapons. Stats that I would suggest based on what I have read online as well as by playing Act 2.

Resistances: 600 minimum to all. You should begin looking for gear that combos single resist (Fire, Cold, Lightning, etc) and All Resistances. When combined with the Passive Resistance ability, these can get you a long way. Obviously, the key is to focus on a single resistance and accumulate gear with this stat.

Health: Looking at anywhere between 36k to 44k. While resistances will help, you are still gonna take a lot of damage to the rare spawns.

Armor: Not sure on the exact amount but you should aim for between 55% and 65%. Once again, go with the passive to increase your armor based on dex.

Weapons: Sword and Board is the best combo from what Ive seen. It hurts your dps for sure but it is a must at this point for survivabiilty. The counter to this is Life on Hit gear. If you an get enough (800ish or so), you can possibly go duel wield. Most people on the D3 forums are currently pushing Life on Hit (different than life steal). Also, you need a weapon with a minimum of 850 damage.
Madmarttigan
AG
I beat magda on inferno with my Demon hunter. I made a real progress when I switched my elemental arrow to the fear effect. I can keep non shielding elite groups perma feared and it works great. Almost makes it easy if they have no shielding effect. I still get one shot no matter what but I do at least pop em for 70-80k+ crits consistently.
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
Doing Barb Inferno ActI, and I've turned into a kiter vs trying to actually melee. I'm hoping Blizzard changes it up a bit; having to kite as a melee class seems a tad ridiculous. Any more than 1 melee mob I get destroyed =/ I have about 30k HP right now and at 68% reduction by armor.
Madmarttigan
AG
You need hundreds and hundreds of resists. That makes act 1 inferno easyish for barbs to tank, but have fun in act 2 lol.

As I've thought since the beginning, inferno is going to rely heavily on Crowd control, especially heavy CCs. Stuns and fear are going to be the game changers. I was stuggling a lot until I changed one of my abilities to do less damage and isntead of a slow it gave a 40% chance to be feared. This is pretty big as I can almost perma fear non shielding elite groups. Roots and slows are still useful but I don't think anything will compare to the true hard CCs such as stuns and fears.

[This message has been edited by tv1113 (edited 5/29/2012 10:59a).]
jlb2957
AG
Love being a wizard...that resist from all my Intelligence will be amazing!
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
do wizards get a passive that makes INT = resists? because if so, that's really really awesome
benMath08
AG
STR boosts armor.
DEX boosts dodge.
INT boosts resists.
jlb2957
AG
what ben said.

Everyone gets certain bonuses from every stat. It just so happens that the stat that directly effects wizard dps also gives resistances.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.