***********Official Diablo 3 Thread************

40,484 Views | 939 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by HeadGames
aTmfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Can somebody explain what "trigger procs" means in relation to demon hunter caltrops nerf?
jlb2957
AG
Yall let me know when drop rates and such are fixed.

I do like that they buffed the legendary items, though I just can't for the life of me understand why legendaries weren't like that from the get go.
AtlAg05
AG
I've gotten some better drops, at least it seems that way from the first time I've played on the new patch.

Just depends now over the long term if it stays that way. Inferno does seem easier now in Act I.

Just wish they would get the servers back up...
Baskin
AG
atmfan-

Proc basically means the triggering of a certain event, and in the case of Caltrops, it's critical hits. If you have a critical hit chance of 20%, your critical hits are going to proc 1 out of every 5 hits.

Caltrops used to be accounted for in this equation, so if you used Caltrops with Jagged Spikes, the trap would "hit" the enemy a certain number of times and the likelihood of your next hit being critical would be pretty high. Now it's been removed from the equation.

Pretty sure that's right, but I might be wrong.
Baskin
AG
In response to MurderBaby's new thread:

I'm still playing with about 5 friends. I found a crazy Set Helm (Immoral King's) the other day and sold it for 32 million. Used some of that money to buy myself 3 more pieces of Blackthorne's set to go with my pants, and 2 pieces of Nat's set. My beeatch is finally rolling in style now. We mostly do Act 3 runs and have been finding legendaries about 1 every couple hours.

Here's a link to my shizz if you're interested:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Baskinato-1652/hero/2423006
TRaww
AG
Love the kitfisto barbarian, he was def my favorite jedi
Cromagnum
AG
How are you finding legendaries that damn often? I've put in over 300 hours and have found three....
Baskin
AG
Glad you approve, Kit Fisto was a true and noble warrior...may he rest in peace.

I over exaggerated when I said every couple of hours. Usually when there are four of us playing, one of us will find a legendary within 2 hours of playtime, but if it's just me, it's probably more like 4-6. Yesterday one of the guys I play with found 2 Andariel Visage legendary helms in one run. It's pretty sporadic, that's for sure. The main things I think that help you find them are:

-Kill things fast. The faster you can clear content, the more frequently you'll find good drops. When we're at full strength, we can kill elites in about 20-60 seconds.

-Have some decent base magic find. Most people, including me, have OK magic find by default, and switch to the good MF gear right before we kill elites/bosses. But surprisingly, about 50% of the legendaries/set items I've found have fallen off of trash mobs. I'm not sure why, but if your "good gear" has a little bit of MF on it as well, it will help the cause.

-Have a good route. Currently, our group will do all of the Keep Depths, head over to Rakki's Crossing and do the underbridge/bridge stores, then kill Siege. Then we'll usually finish with the Ice Cave (it's got 2 different names) over by the Bridge of Korsikk waypoint. If we're feeling lucky, we'll truck all the way from Siege to Azmodan. I know there are more efficient runs out there, but I like running around with 5 stacks of NV as much as possible so sometimes we'll extend the run.
LOAD 2002
AG
Just joined the TexAgs clan today!

In-game name: Waldo

I just started playing less than a week ago, so I have a lot to learn and a lot to do. But I'm very excited and ready to kill Demons!

Thanks so much for everyone's help.
txag2k
AG
Rise of the Necromancer Pack Arrives June 27!

Amazed it's only $15! Was expecting something stupid like $19.99 tbh
rhutton125
txag2k
AG
txag2k said:

Rise of the Necromancer Pack Arrives June 27!

Amazed it's only $15! Was expecting something stupid like $19.99 tbh
heh. i meant that i expected a price tag around $29.99 USD from Blizzard.
Prime0882
AG
Diablo: Immortal announced today at Blizzcon to supposedly meager applause. We do get a future meme out of it, though.

It'll be a mobile game set between D2 and D3.

Madmarttigan
AG
Will I buy it? Probably.

Am I greatly disappointed that it is Diablo 3 with no new characters and just a reskin with some new abilities and most likely even more dumbed down compared to D3? Yes.

Really not sure what to think about this.

I am somewhat excited about Warcraft 3 reforged even though I probably will continue to suck at it.

Formerly tv1113
Pman17
AG
Diablo 3 out for Switch btw
Prime0882
AG
Reading the Diablo 3 subreddit it looks like the mobile game is being developed by a Chinese company that made a similar game. The D3 mobile game looks like a reskin of the product this developer previously released. Going to be a hard pass for me and further evidence the Blizzard I grew up loving is fading fast.
AtlAg05
AG
A mobile game? That's the big announcement?!

Is Diablo officially dead?
AtlAg05
AG
https://clips.twitch.tv/FairSarcasticLettuceCeilingCat
Madmarttigan
AG
Seen that a few places now and laugh at their awkward response every time lol.
Formerly tv1113
wangus12
AG
Man I hope not. Love the games
boboguitar
AG
I have d3 on PC, bought it for switch. I'm loving being able to play in bed, play offline. Lot's of fun again.
Madmarttigan
AG
Is it sad that the Diablo 2 ladder just reset and I think I may start playing it again?

Still like it better than d3 despite spending a lot of time on both.
Formerly tv1113
AggieChemist
AG
I'm not reading 27 pages of this unless somebody can tell me whether PS4 Diablo3 is worth buying? I loved Diablo 2 on PC back in the day.

Similar?

TIA
txag2k
AG
AggieChemist said:

I'm not reading 27 pages of this unless somebody can tell me whether PS4 Diablo3 is worth buying? I loved Diablo 2 on PC back in the day.

Similar?

TIA
this should answer your own question.

FWIW i don't have a PS4.

(but if I did and didn't already play it still on a PC, yes buy it)
Madmarttigan
AG
If you have never played diablo 3 before you should play it. It has a lot of good things going for it, and season to season it has some replayability with new builds. I have gone back to d3 too many times recently so I'm going with some D2 nostalgia currently.
Formerly tv1113
Artorias
AG
AggieChemist said:

Similar?

TIA
D3 on PS4 is really good. I was wary if they would be able to make the controls not suck, but they did a really nice job. Definitely worth it.
Average Joe
AG
I was watching one streamer taking about how D3 in it's current state is a really good game, but the quality at launch has kept it from getting the publicity it deserves.

I agree. It's a really good game now, and I thought it was mediocre at launch.

For anyone that has questions about PC vs console: I played it on PC, stopped, then recently picked it up on Xbox. I love it on console. They did a really good job with controls. It almost feels more natural on console.
AggieChemist
AG
Thanks. It's dirt cheap used at game stop. Looks like I'll be getting more after bedtime fun out of my kid's Christmas present.
Average Joe
AG
AggieChemist said:

Looks like I'll be getting more after bedtime fun out of my kid's Christmas present.

I'm just going to leave that one alone.

Edit: in all seriousness, though, all my gaming happens once the kids are in bed, too.
txag2k
AG
Average Joe said:

AggieChemist said:

Looks like I'll be getting more after bedtime fun out of my kid's Christmas present.

I'm just going to leave that one alone.

Edit: in all seriousness, though, all my gaming happens once the kids are in bed, too.
Life of a Gamer Dad
HeadGames
AG
It's fun, you'll like it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.