Dallas Cowboy Season thread

184,642 Views | 2915 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Tksymm7
Southlake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I got nothing to start it off. Not sure who sucked more between the Ags or the Boys…where's the Xanax?
Macarthur
Tksymm7
AG
Dak was terrible just like water is wet.
Southlake
How about: who has a better chance to win next week? DAL vs CIN or ATM vs MIA?
toucan82
W-L prediction from before tonight's game: 12-5

W-L prediction now: 7-10

BenFiasco14
AG
Gonna be a long season
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Grapesoda2525
Season over almost before it began with these injuries.
PooDoo
AG
At least this injury happened before Jerry could trade a 1st for a WR.

Now we have to go full tank mode. Top 5 pick or bust!

Silver-lining: At least we aren't the Cardinals!
PooDoo
AG
Good points
PooDoo
AG
FireAg
AG
Best practice squad QB out there is Josh Rosen…

Best trade candidates are Kellen Mond and Kyle Allen…don't think you could absorb the the cap hit for a Jimmy G trade unless San Fran were just desperate to move him and would eat the majority of his guarantee…
jr15aggie
AG
I feel sorry for the Cowboy talk show guys. There are at least 4 shows that are broadcast by the team and a good number of youtube guys. I have no idea what they are going to talk about all season and no idea who will even be listening.
Ag12thman
AG
They'll win some games, but there were a lot of problems exposed last night.
98Ag99Grad
AG
You're already gonna lose picks going for Payton this off-season. No reason to throw more away on mond or Allen when this team has holes everywhere. Roll with Rush and shoot for a high draft pick.
PooDoo
AG
ac04
almost everyone on this board knew offensive line and wide receiver were massive problems for months. this team will never win anything significant again with a jones in charge.
aggiepaintrain
AG
How in the world can the Cowboys not have a decent backup
All I do is Nguyen
Record prediction before last night: 7-11/6-12
Now: 3-14
No matter what
Boiling Denim
May as well start the Offseason thread.

At least we'll have a Top 5 pick and a new head coach to blow sunshine up our arses
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
ac04 said:

almost everyone on this board knew offensive line and wide receiver were massive problems for months. this team will never win anything significant again with a jones in charge.

You are not allowed to be a fan and complain about the same issues year after year. Even if those problems are the same year after year.

They didn't make any real improvements this offseason much like other offseasons. Good news is I don't care as much when they lose now.

The Jones family isn't going to do anything until there are lotsa seats empty and merchandise sales suffer. I think that will happen this year though and they will respond by going after Peyton
ramblin_ag02
AG
Any idea how long Dak will be out?

Also, feels good to have 20+ million in cap room. Sure glad we didn't try to keep Amari or La'el. Cap room is going to make some plays for us this year, I just know it
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ac04
we didn't have the same issues LY. we had a top 10 offensive line and a very solid WR corps. this offseason was the least initiative i have ever seen out of the front office to address glaring problems. you could see this coming miles away.
Agristotle
AG
6-8 weeks
Tksymm7
AG
Some thoughts:

I'd first like to give Tyler Smith some credit. He wasn't perfect, but most tackles are never spotless. I thought he was good overall though. He still needs some seasoning in a weight-room, but athletically he looks the part. I think we have something with him. Now Steele on the other hand was TERRIBLE, and losing McGovern sucks because I personally thought he was going to be a really solid guard, especially in the run game.

My concern with the Dak situation is not all about how he's out for 6-8 weeks. Yeah that's not good, but, the bigger concern is that he was TERRIBLE before he even got hurt. Yes, Tampa has an awesome defense. Yes, no one was open the entire night. But when guys were open Dak straight up missed them or skipped passes. That is a major, major red flag.

I don't know what how to react to the defense. There were plays and stretches of the game where I thought they looked really good. Some great coverage in the back end, great blitzes, good tackling etc. But then the next drive Tampa would just shove it down our throats again. Now again, Tampa and Lenny are a great team (and a great running team), and our offense being inept keeping our D out on the field longer looked really similar to a maroon team this past weekend, but the highs and lows of the D were really odd.

Lastly, for the season, I would be all in on tanking for a top five pick and trading some pieces, but I don't think Jerry has the balls to do it, or if he did, the balls to draft another QB. I am completely out on Dak and would absolutely love to get my hands on CJ Stroud. I'm also not a fan of trading picks for a coach like Payton if it's going to cost you a first or second, especially when the pick is likely to be really high.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Defense looked good against the pass and bad against the run. Given the choice I'd take that every day. 19 points also isn't bad against a very good offense when your own offense isn't doing anything at all.

Also agree that Dak just flat looked bad as did all the receivers minus Lamb and Schultz. They were clearly not on the same page on reads. Also, how bad is Tolbert if he couldn't crack this roster?!!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FireAg
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

Defense looked good against the pass and bad against the run. Given the choice I'd take that every day. 19 points also isn't bad against a very good offense when your own offense isn't doing anything at all.

Also agree that Dak just flat looked bad as did all the receivers minus Lamb and Schultz. They were clearly not on the same page on reads. Also, how bad is Tolbert if he couldn't crack this roster?!!
It looked like a QB with new "weapons" who never got a chance to work with them in the preseason...

Not taking a single snap in the preseason worried me...
Grapesoda2525
Man it sure is painful to be a Texas rangers, Dallas cowboys, and Aggie fan right now.
AgsMnn
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

That's only 1 TD and the rest FGs. The D stepped up when needed, but the offense couldn't keep them off the field.
ramblin_ag02
AG
And the one TD was a HOF QB to HOF WR circus catch. Not much any defense could have done about that
Vince Blake
Kearse with an MCL sprain. Safety depth actually looked good preseason; we'll see how that translates.

McGovern with a high ankle sprain. Both expected to at least miss the next few games.
jr15aggie
AG
For one reason or another this has been the norm for Dallas for almost 20 years (since Romo took over). We usually have a pretty good team with a legitimate franchise QB, but anytime we make the playoffs, something happens and we crash and burn the next season. We have not gone to the playoffs in consecutive years since the 90s.

In the Romo era it was usually injury related... broken collarbones and all that good stuff. Unfortunately it's becoming more of the same now with Dak.
Zachary Klement
AG
Would y'all take Cam Newton and Antonio Brown right now?
Mozart Paintings
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Man it sure is painful to be a Texas rangers, Dallas cowboys, and Aggie fan right now.

Go Mavs
J.P. 03
AG
Zachary Klement said:

Would y'all take Cam Newton and Antonio Brown right now?

You joke, but this is Jerry Jones we're talking about. If the Cowboys get blown out again this weekend and the offense looks even more inept, don't put it past him. The only thing Jerry hates more than losing is being ignored, and I can't think of a faster way to get people talking about the Cowboys again than signing one or both of those two.

Don't forget that they "have processes in place" to deal with troubled players. As long as neither one has a machine gun-covered futon at home, we should be good.
aggiepaintrain
AG
I'm calling Drew Brees and Sean Peyton RN

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.