Dallas Cowboy Season thread

184,828 Views | 2915 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Tksymm7
LB12Diamond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hurts doing this is very well documented. Similar to how it was documented on Brady.

I have not seen anything on Dak like this. If he prepared like they do, one would think it would be known.

And I'm not stating this to bash Dak.

It's to give Hurts props for going above and beyond in his preparation. That is allowed without you having to get defensive on Dak.
Macarthur
Kellso said:

LB12Diamond said:

I would also take Hurts for the primary reason of his work ethic and preparation. My understanding is he prepares almost as well as Brady. Does all the things Brady does in the off-season etc to be physically and mentally ready to be his best.

So many talented QBs could do so much more if they did this but very few do. I assume Dak doesn't bc of his inconsistent play and mental mistakes.
How many NFL quarterbacks do you hang out with in the off season?
Do you train with a number of pro athletes?

What would give you the arrogance to state something like the bolded?

I mean damn.....you make it sound like anyone and their mom can go 12-5 in the NFL in consecutive seasons.

12-5 is pretty F"N good yall. The Cowboys beat 2 of the 4 teams playing yesterday. They are not that far off from the ultimate prize if they can nail their draft.

Bingo. I really don't think the cowboys roster is that far off. Give Dak another great receiver to pair w CD and I like this team.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Work ethic has never been a question about Dak. Reality is he's a 4th rounder that occasionally has 4th round moments. Give him the weapons Hurts has this year and I think he is every bit as successful if not more than Hurts has been. They are both in my good-not-great category, but I'd put Dak a tick above
double aught
AG
Macarthur said:

Kellso said:

LB12Diamond said:

I would also take Hurts for the primary reason of his work ethic and preparation. My understanding is he prepares almost as well as Brady. Does all the things Brady does in the off-season etc to be physically and mentally ready to be his best.

So many talented QBs could do so much more if they did this but very few do. I assume Dak doesn't bc of his inconsistent play and mental mistakes.
How many NFL quarterbacks do you hang out with in the off season?
Do you train with a number of pro athletes?

What would give you the arrogance to state something like the bolded?

I mean damn.....you make it sound like anyone and their mom can go 12-5 in the NFL in consecutive seasons.

12-5 is pretty F"N good yall. The Cowboys beat 2 of the 4 teams playing yesterday. They are not that far off from the ultimate prize if they can nail their draft.

Bingo. I really don't think the cowboys roster is that far off. Give Dak another great receiver to pair w CD and I like this team.
I hear Amari Cooper's pretty good.
Macarthur
Don't remind me…
Macarthur
DannyDuberstein said:

Work ethic has never been a question about Dak. Reality is he's a 4th rounder that occasionally has 4th round moments. Give him the weapons Hurts has this year and I think he is every bit as successful if not more than Hurts has been. They are both in my good-not-great category, but I'd put Dak a tick above
Bingo.

I means Hurts had to beat Daniel Jones and Josh Johnson to get to the SB. Are you kidding me?
PatAg
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Hurts doing this is very well documented. Similar to how it was documented on Brady.

I have not seen anything on Dak like this. If he prepared like they do, one would think it would be known.

It's to give Hurts props for going above and beyond in his preparation. That is allowed without you having to get defensive on Dak.
Every QB at this level prepares, this is a silly thing to fixate on
PatAg
AG
Tksymm7 said:

Hurts does play on perhaps the best roster in the NFL, but I would take Hurts over Dak going into next year. A ton of the Eagle's success is predicated on Hurts running the ball and throwing it deep. He is an elite runner and throws a tremendous deep ball, and it's glaringly obvious that he's still batting his shoulder injury. I do think Dak throwing a ton of picks is out of the norm for him, but he does make some very questionable throws in key situations, and he has throughout his career.
How long do running QBs generally last in the NFL? Or rather, how long can that stay part of their game? Its just a few years
He will either have to progress a LOT more on the passing/reading part of the game, or he Philly will have a new QB in 3 years.

You could say the same thing for Buffalo, except Allen has already established himself a lot more as a passer. Part of that is still predicated on his own running ability, so that will be interesting to watch as the years go on.

Mahomes runs, but its not the same sort of designed running where he takes big hits on the runs.
Unemployed
AG
PatAg said:

LB12Diamond said:

Every QB at this level prepares, this is a silly thing to fixate on
LOL. What you talking about, bro?[/Kyler]
double aught
AG
Madden counts as prep!
Tksymm7
AG
I think if you are an elite runner, you can run until around 30, and then once that peak athleticism leaves you need to be able to get it done in the pocket. You can still scramble and run some, but you probably won't be able to do the designed run game anymore. What people don't give Hurts enough credit for this year is how much he improved as a passer. Will he ever be prime Aaron Rogers? Absolutely not. But he was a better passer than Dak this year and I don't see why he can't continue to get better. I also think they know his strengths and play to those, whereas Dallas/Kellen Moore tried to force a square peg into a round hole this year with Dak having to pass 35+ times a game.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.