Dallas Cowboy Season thread

185,125 Views | 2915 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Tksymm7
Vince Blake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Putting my loathing for Garrett aside; for Stanford, he might just work out…
Txhuntr
AG
Head clapper in charge
98Ag99Grad
AG
Thought he was doing pretty good on NBC in the studio. Guess he misses coaching.
BenFiasco14
AG
Does he want to come to A&M?
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Vince Blake
98Ag99Grad said:

Thought he was doing pretty good on NBC in the studio. Guess he misses coaching.

He has creep smile on SNF. Whenever he's not talking, he just looks at the camera and smiles. But its so forced and inauthentic that it comes across as unsettling.
Ag12thman
AG
Everything about Garrett is quite annoying. Bad memories...
Hubert J. Farnsworth
I'll say this about Garrett's teams. They played hard for him. Obviously he couldnt get it done, but they did play hard. He could possibly be a good college coach but I just don't see him as a recruiter.
94chem
Hubert J. Farnsworth said:

I'll say this about Garrett's teams. They played hard for him. Obviously he couldnt get it done, but they did play hard. He could possibly be a good college coach but I just don't see him as a recruiter.

Sounds like a good fit for a Princeton guy.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Agristotle
AG
Kenyon has not been good. He's been hurt and has really struggled as a pass blocker
Ag Natural
AG
Something that may play into the OBJ decision. Steele, Wilson and Pollard are all free agents after this season. I dont see any scenario where those guys won't be prioritized to resign.
Grapesoda2525
Vince Blake said:

Putting my loathing for Garrett aside; for Stanford, he might just work out…

Really hoping Stanford hires him. An uppity environment where students don't really care if the team wins or loses is perfect for Garrett. Garrett should be as far away from the nfl as possible.
Matsui
AG
Garrett tweeted he is staying at nbc.
jr15aggie
AG
Ag Natural said:

Something that may play into the OBJ decision. Steele, Wilson and Pollard are all free agents after this season. I dont see any scenario where those guys won't be prioritized to resign.

Definitely. OBJ was only an attractive option when we thought he might be looking for a 1 year prove it deal. Pretty much 0 interest otherwise.

And it's worth noting that Steele is a restricted free agent so we'll have the upper hand there.
jr15aggie
AG
Hearing that Tyron is looking really good in practice. Saying you'd have no idea he's a 10 year vet that just went through the rehab he went through.

I, like many, assumed that we would never again see him in a Cowboys uniform once I heard what the injury was. And now I'm hearing that not only will he play, but he might play really well for us. Amazing!
ChoppinDs40
AG
If we lose vs the eagles in 2 weeks, do we just shut everyone down for the last 2 weeks?
Hubert J. Farnsworth
ChoppinDs40 said:

If we lose vs the eagles in 2 weeks, do we just shut everyone down for the last 2 weeks?

Only if you have the top wildcard spot locked up. If by chance Dallas and another wildcard team make the NFC Championship, you want that game at home. Even then, shutting down a bunch of players for that long could lead to rust.
Macarthur
Hubert J. Farnsworth said:

ChoppinDs40 said:

Only if you have the top wildcard spot locked up. If by chance Dallas and another wildcard team make the NFC Championship, you want that game at home. Even then, shutting down a bunch of players for that long could lead to rust.

Yeah, I agree with that last part. If you remember, Dak has always been rusty coming back from time off and/or a bye week. I think Dak needs to play every week.
J.P. 03
AG
Quote:

Jerry Jones is looking to upgrade.

The Dallas Cowboys owner is planning $295 million in renovations to AT&T Stadium, people familiar with the situation told The Dallas Morning News.

The planned, periodic updates would help AT&T Stadium, which opened in 2009, keep pace with the evolving technology in newer stadiums around the NFL, and keep the Cowboys in the running to host future Super Bowls and other large events.

I wonder if this includes automatic, motorized curtains in the end zones.
Rex Racer
AG
J.P. 03 said:

Quote:

The Dallas Cowboys owner is planning $295 million in renovations to AT&T Stadium, people familiar with the situation told The Dallas Morning News.

The planned, periodic updates would help AT&T Stadium, which opened in 2009, keep pace with the evolving technology in newer stadiums around the NFL, and keep the Cowboys in the running to host future Super Bowls and other large events.

It had better!
Spaceship
AG
J.P. 03 said:

Quote:

With inflation, it's probably just new coat of paint and granite countertops.
Rudyjax
AG
Rex Racer said:

J.P. 03 said:

Quote:

It had better!

He be better off building a high rise there. Mixed use commercial, residential, and retail.
toucan82
maybe get some new art too
ChemAg15
AG
Chuck Cunningham said:

Rex Racer said:

J.P. 03 said:

Quote:

It had better!

He be better off building a high rise there. Mixed use commercial, residential, and retail.

Lmao this would be the most Jerry Jones thing ever. "Curtains are ugly, let's put up a building to block out the sun."
Rudyjax
AG
ChemAg15 said:

Chuck Cunningham said:

Rex Racer said:

J.P. 03 said:

Quote:

It had better!

Lmao this would be the most Jerry Jones thing ever. "Curtains are ugly, let's put up a building to block out the sun."

When the architects said, the sun is going to be a problem, Jerry assured them there would be buildings to block it.

Not a joke.
Txhuntr
AG
Ag Natural said:

If we waste money on another 2nd contract for a rb, I don't know if I can support the team going forward. You never pay a rb a 2nd contract this day in age. Use and abuse while they're cheap, rinse and repeat
Macarthur
Txhuntr said:

Ag Natural said:

If we waste money on another 2nd contract for a rb, I don't know if I can support the team going forward. You never pay a rb a 2nd contract this day in age. Use and abuse while they're cheap, rinse and repeat

Yeah, certainly agree w that sentiment. However, I do think Pollard is a bit unique. First, he doesn't have a whole lot of miles on him yet. It does seem like they've finally figured out the balance there.

I also think Zeke wants to be a cowboy lifer. So much so that I think he would restructure his deal.

I just think Pollard is not a typical RB.

I think if Zeke can restructure his deal and Pollard would take a reasonable deal, I could see this scenario working for another two years.

Lastly, the cap keeps going up like crazy. I wouldn't worry too much about having enough $
Ag Natural
AG
Txhuntr said:

Ag Natural said:

Seems like a strange hill to die on. Fine, don't support them. This offense needs good RBs to function. I dont care how they acquire them.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Pollard is low miles (college and pro) and a style that is unlikely to command really big $. Zeke is an $18 mill cap hit this year and scheduled to be $16 mill in 2023, and his dead money is $11 mill. Zeke is a short yardage back who is having issues staying healthy. Unless Zeke is willing to take a major pay cut in a restructure that basically reflects the kind of RB he is now, I draft a short yardage guy, cut Zeke, and resign Pollard.

Pollard is adding an explosive play element that this offense really needs, and with his low mileage, I think you can reasonably expect this production for 3-4 more years at least
Mozart Paintings
AG
Txhuntr said:

Ag Natural said:

If we waste money on another 2nd contract for a rb, I don't know if I can support the team going forward. You never pay a rb a 2nd contract this day and age. Use and abuse while they're cheap, rinse and repeat

That's the issue that will cause you to pull the plug on being a fan? Interesting.
Goldie Wilson
Txhuntr said:

Ag Natural said:

After everything this owner and franchise has done the past 25 years, this is where you draw the line?
PatAg
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Pollard is low miles (college and pro) and a style that is unlikely to command really big $. Zeke is an $18 mill cap hit this year and scheduled to be $16 mill in 2023, and his dead money is $11 mill. Zeke is a short yardage back who is having issues staying healthy. Unless Zeke is willing to take a major pay cut in a restructure that basically reflects the kind of RB he is now, I draft a short yardage guy, cut Zeke, and resign Pollard.

Pollard is adding an explosive play element that this offense really needs, and with his low mileage, I think you can reasonably expect this production for 3-4 more years at least
It's like that person heard a talking head say it, and now tehy will just repeat it.
Pollard wasnt on a big first contract, and hasn't really played. He has earned his big paycheck, and you shouldn't be expecting his production to fall off during it. If anything I expect him to do more
CoppellAg93
AG
Crap - the radio guys said Kearse went down in pre-game with a knee or ankle injury and had to be helped to the locker room.
gigem1223
Secondary is becoming pretty damn thin
CoppellAg93
AG
Guess he started the game anyway. Whew !
PooDoo
AG
Does Dak always get caught by the 2 minute warning?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.