Dallas Cowboy Season thread

185,147 Views | 2915 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Tksymm7
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Danny Vermin said:

I prefer they win. Always better playing a team coming off of a win.

Ryan is such a statue back there. I expect a ton of sacks Sunday night.

Colts are coming off a short week and the Cowboys a long one?

Ag Natural
AG
Aikman is absolutely killing their offense.
jr15aggie
AG
Back to back home games and 10 days to prepare vs an average (at best) team coming off a short week Monday night game.

Not to mention we are a dang good football team. This should and needs to be a victory.
Rex Racer
AG
FireAg said:

But if they land on their toes and go out of bounds with the same toes, and the heel never touches, it's a catch…

Does not compute…sorry…
The WR can be facing the field and tap their toes in bounds, too, as long as they then hop out of bounds instead of rolling their foot back in a step. It has nothing to do with facing in or out of bounds. If you are facing out of bounds, land on your heal first and roll your foot and your toe lands out of bounds, you are out of bounds. It's the same if you're backing out of bounds. There is no difference.
Rudyjax
AG
If he get the left side of your ass cheek in and then roll and the right side of you left ass cheek is out, you're out.
ramblin_ag02
AG
I think we all get the rule and that is was called correctly. I just think it's dumb. If I can slow mo or freeze frame and see possesion and two feet down, then it should be a catch at the moment the receiver is in-bounds with possession.

For this play, you see CD catch the ball, maintain possession, drag one foot and then the other toe lands. In my mind, at that point you stop the recording. The receiver is in bounds with possession. The only thing that should happen after that is calling the receiver out of bounds after the catch. So in this case CD makes the catch and momentum carries him out of bounds. Still a catch and a TD. I know that isn't the rule, but it should be
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Mozart Paintings
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

I think we all get the rule and that is was called correctly. I just think it's dumb. If I can slow mo or freeze frame and see possesion and two feet down, then it should be a catch at the moment the receiver is in-bounds with possession.
Like LSU Saturday night?
Rex Racer
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

For this play, you see CD catch the ball, maintain possession, drag one foot and then the other toe lands. In my mind, at that point you stop the recording. The receiver is in bounds with possession. The only thing that should happen after that is calling the receiver out of bounds after the catch. So in this case CD makes the catch and momentum carries him out of bounds. Still a catch and a TD. I know that isn't the rule, but it should be
So you think the rule should be if a WR lands on his heal in bounds but his foot continues to roll forward, and the ball of his foot or his toe comes down out of bounds, then it should be a catch.
jr15aggie
AG
IMO it should either be *the entirety of both feet have to be in bounds* (which would be a terrible rule) or "if ANY part of both feet hit inbounds before any other body part" the receiver is considered in bounds.

It would just make the rule so much cleaner.

ramblin_ag02
AG
Rex Racer said:

ramblin_ag02 said:

So you think the rule should be if a WR lands on his heal in bounds but his foot continues to roll forward, and the ball of his foot or his toe comes down out of bounds, then it should be a catch.
yes. If the two feet are in bounds, and possession is established, then it should be a catch. Anything after that just means he went out of bounds and can't advance.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ramblin_ag02
AG
they had metal bats said:

ramblin_ag02 said:

Like LSU Saturday night?
Full disclosure: I was at a wedding Sat night and my DVR has been on the fritz. So haven't seen the entire game yet. Hoping to get to it tonight
Rudyjax
AG
jr15aggie said:

IMO it should either be *the entirety of both feet have to be in bounds* (which would be a terrible rule) or "if ANY part of both feet hit inbounds before any other body part" the receiver is considered in bounds.

It's every part of the foot that touches the ground has to be inbounds. It's not that hard.
Yellerjacket
jr15aggie said:

It's pretty clear as it is. As soon as I saw the first replay of that play on Thursday, I knew it wasn't a catch and so did the replay officials. It's as simple as it gets. He stepped out of bounds.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Anything John Madden could understand and clearly explain to viewers is a perfectly fine rule. Toe-heel is one of those.
DannyDuberstein
AG
And if you try to change it, you open a whole can of worms on interpretation and where to draw the line. This one is clear. You may not like the logic, but it's an easy rule to apply which IMO trumps all
FireAg
AG
If Dallas doesn't sign OBJ, I'll be shocked…Jerry and McCarthy are being very vocal about the desire to sign him…
gigem1223
Basham released. Assuming for Washington or Tyron?

Edit*** according to the fan, it's to make room for Tak McKinley
jr15aggie
AG
gigem1223 said:

Basham released. Assuming for Washington or Tyron?

This is and the Trysten Hill release speak to the talent we've added to this years team. Neither are bad players... more than capable of contributing to many NFL rosters. But when you have young guys like Sam Williams showing up in big ways, you can part with these veterans.

Sad because I liked Basham, but a very good sign for our football team!
gigem1223
OBJ visiting Buffalo Friday
jtstanley4621
AG
Getting pantsed by another front office while dragging their feet but talking about signing OBJ would be the most Cowboys under Jerry Jones thing ever
Ag Natural
AG
Tak was playing VERY well in Atlanta at one point. He's a great pass rusher when healthy. Good insurance just in case someone gets injured.
AgBQ-00
AG
SIAP
aggieactor01
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

SIAP

Their closed caption for cuss words cracks me up.
jr15aggie
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

Getting pantsed by another front office while dragging their feet but talking about signing OBJ would be the most Cowboys under Jerry Jones thing ever

Haven't we already had enough 'feet dragging' conversations lately!!!
PooDoo
AG
Kid is quickly headed to legendary status
jtstanley4621
AG
He's been so immediately better than Jaylon Smith could have ever dreamed of. He needs to be in Dallas for a long time
jr15aggie
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

He's been so immediately better than Jaylon Smith could have ever dreamed of. He needs to be in Dallas for a long time

Agreed, but it's almost not a fair comparison because Jaylon was just a LB and Micah is a multi position generational defensive nightmare.

I'll also say that Dallas screwed Jaylon big time. He had a big time insurance policy and if he'd fallen farther in the draft (like he should have) he would have gotten a big pay day up front. He's certainly done fine in career earnings, but the Cowboys totally bailed out his insurance company.
PooDoo
AG
Can we get one of these for Turpin?

PooDoo
AG
Smart agent
I was watching his highlights at Indiana and wondering why he didn't get drafted…. He was arrested his redshirt junior year for grabbing his girlfriend around the throat and slamming her against the wall.
Southlake
jr15aggie said:

Back to back home games and 10 days to prepare vs an average (at best) team coming off a short week Monday night game.

Not to mention we are a dang good football team. This should and needs to be a victory.
And, the cowboys are the least injured team in the NFL. With Tyron back, we will be virtually injury free. Amazing at this point of the season,
Ag Natural
AG
Southlake said:

jr15aggie said:

And, the cowboys are the least injured team in the NFL. With Tyron back, we will be virtually injury free. Amazing at this point of the season,
They've gotten healthy at this point. But they've certainly dealt with plenty of injuries this season. Are we allowed to credt Mccarthy for weathering the storm and putting this team in position to get healthy and make a run?
jr15aggie
AG
Absolutely. In the JG years we had this gaping hole anytime a starter went down. In the past 2 seasons McCarthy and his staff have done a fantastic job of playing good football without key players.
98Ag99Grad
AG
I have not been a fan of his but agree he's done a good job this year. Team is playing well and how they did without Dak was surprising.
Grapesoda2525
jr15aggie said:

Absolutely. In the JG years we had this gaping hole anytime a starter went down. In the past 2 seasons McCarthy and his staff have done a fantastic job of playing good football without key players.
No comparison between JG and McCarthy. McCarthy has a championship and Garrett is just awful all around.
PooDoo
AG
Imagine having to sit through all of those Jason Garrett lead meetings

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.