Dallas Cowboy Season thread

185,109 Views | 2915 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Tksymm7
Ag Natural
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All the national pundits I listen to have basically written off the Cowboys. Yet before this weekend the Lions and Dolphins were hot commodities.

Meanwhile Dallas leads the league in points. Nobody is saying they are flawless. The defense has really struggled lately with all the injuries. But I'm thinking any team that can put up points is a major threat. I was really impressed with how the oline performed against the Eagles yesterday.

I know most Cowboys fans always seem to hate the QB and coach going back 22 years. But this team is good. Higher upside than any Cowboys team since the suoerbowl years. If they get Hankins and LVE back for the playoffs they'll have a shot.
Rudyjax
AG
If they can learn to kill the clock at the end of a gameā€¦.

Dak really has disappointed me with his lack of awareness the last two games.
gigem1223
Is it just me or does it feel like the complete opposite of last year? Last year it was an offense that started off hot and then limped into the playoffs, while the defense started off slow and picked up steam towards the playoffs. This year the defense started off hot and now limping to the playoffs, offense scorching hot putting up 35+ per game.

Understandable why the D is struggling with all the injuries, although, I think Wright/ Bland played great and can hopefully build off that performance. Give Micah some rest before the playoffs, get LVE back and this D may get back to where they were.
jtstanley4621
AG
What I think will ultimately bite us is the run defense struggles. The deeper you get into the playoffs the better run teams you'll get in the NFC, and you'll likely be playing those games on the road.
Ag Natural
AG
gigem1223 said:

Is it just me or does it feel like the complete opposite of last year? Last year it was an offense that started off hot and then limped into the playoffs, while the defense started off slow and picked up steam towards the playoffs. This year the defense started off hot and now limping to the playoffs, offense scorching hot putting up 35+ per game.

Understandable why the D is struggling with all the injuries, although, I think Wright/ Bland played great and can hopefully build off that performance. Give Micah some rest before the playoffs, get LVE back and this D may get back to where they were.

Last year the offense had good overall numbers but struggled mightily against teams with strong DTs. Connor Williams and Biadiich really got whipped consistently. They look way stronger this year.
jr15aggie
AG
You are correct. A % of Cowboy fans and national pundits all love to sit back and point out all the "massive" flaws we have every year.

And yet, here we are with one of the best records in the league having played 1/4 of the season with a backup QB.

As you said, we aren't flawless, but we are without a doubt a top 3 team in the NFC and we have earned that praise.
FireAg
AG
Don't underestimate the 3rd and forever play to TY Hiltonā€¦

That's another dynamic that teams must now account forā€¦

Just getting that play on film was hugeā€¦
gigem1223
Lane Johnson out for at least the regular season. That'd a huge injury for the eagles.
birdman
gigem1223 said:

Lane Johnson out for at least the regular season. That'd a huge injury for the eagles.
Brad Sham said Philly offensive line starters were incredibly healthy. Four of them started all 14 games. The other guy started 13 out of 14 games. Plus they're good.
gigem1223
La'ell Collins with a pretty meh season and now out for a year with a blown up knee. Helluva job by the front office for moving on from him, even though most the media and fanbase wanted their heads for doing so.
beagle2009
AG
gigem1223 said:

La'ell Collins with a pretty meh season and now out for a year with a blown up knee. Helluva job by the front office for moving on from him, even though most the media and fanbase wanted their heads for doing so.

Yup. Same story with Randy Gregory (especially after last nights shenanigans)!
jr15aggie
AG
What happened last night with Gregory?
beagle2009
AG
Threw a punch at the Rams Guard after the game. That dude just can't figure it out.

gigem1223
So what's everyone's opinion on what has happened to the pass rush lately? They've only had like 1 sack in the last 3 games, after leading the league all season. We must get this rush going again or Dak and the offense is going to have to hang 40 burgers all postseason to have a chance.
Macarthur
Parsons is really banged up and had the flu last week. I would try to sit him for a week to let him rest. He prob won't do it.
gigem1223
Macarthur said:

Parsons is really banged up and had the flu last week. I would try to sit him for a week to let him rest. He prob won't do it.

Parsons is still getting pressure though. Seems like no one else is. Armstrong, Fowler, Tank all been MIA in the pass rush lately.
FireAg
AG
Parsons gets absolutely mauled on every pass rush and STILL can't get callsā€¦
Ag Natural
AG
gigem1223 said:

So what's everyone's opinion on what has happened to the pass rush lately? They've only had like 1 sack in the last 3 games, after leading the league all season. We must get this rush going again or Dak and the offense is going to have to hang 40 burgers all postseason to have a chance.

The last 3 teams have absolutely schooled Quinn and his gameplan. They've been getting rid of the ball lightning quick. And then when he tries to send extra guys our 4th string corner can't hold up in man coverage.
wbt5845
AG
For those who say Dak can't throw a good deep ball.

Rudyjax
AG
Who says that?
Baby Billy
AG
Parsons looks like he's banged up and tired for sure but teams are also scheming against him and refusing to let him take over games like he was early in the season. He gets chipped a ton and teams are getting the ball out much faster and not letting us use our pass rush which is the strength of our defense.

We're being forced to rely on our depleted Secondary and rush defense.
gigem1223
Here's something that hasn't been talked about? Bland for DROY? He's one pick away from leading the league in picks! Whoever that scout is deserves a raise.

His pick in the 4th qtr (and the TY 3rd & 30) were the plays of the game.
Macarthur
Hell of a find for the scouting dept.
FireAg
AG
Makes you wonder why he wasn't the Day 1 starterā€¦
gigem1223
FireAg said:

Makes you wonder why he wasn't the Day 1 starterā€¦

Well for 1, Lewis is a pretty damn good slot corner and Bland was a 5th rd pick rookie. He may not have been ready early in the season,
Hubert J. Farnsworth
They probably didn't know what they had until they were forced to play him.
Southlake
Macarthur said:

Would hate to take the pressure off the Eagles. If Dallas wins, the Eagles have to win from here on out. Saints won't be an easy win for them. Cowboys will win out unless they rest players. Now, if the Eagles win their next game, then Dallas should rest key players.
batchuser
Southlake said:

Macarthur said:

Would hate to take the pressure off the Eagles. If Dallas wins, the Eagles have to win from here on out. Saints won't be an easy win for them. Cowboys will win out unless they rest players. Now, if the Eagles win their next game, then Dallas should rest key players.

I hope not, but I can see the cowboys losing the next two. Titans suffered a tough loss last week and are home. Redskins are at home and it's a division game.
gigem1223
batchuser said:

Southlake said:

Macarthur said:

I hope not, but I can see the cowboys losing the next two. Titans suffered a tough loss last week and are home. Redskins are at home and it's a division game.

Titans are very beat up. Likely missing several starters, including Tannehill and Henry. Dallas should roll.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Dak can make any throw. That has never been an issue. The one challenge is that sometimes it's the brain fart throw
Grapesoda2525
Southlake said:

Macarthur said:

Think I saw some talk that the titans might rest people against the cowboys since the game that matters for them is next week against the jags.

Is that still the case?
jr15aggie
AG
I'd definitely like to see Dallas beat the Titans convincingly. At that point we can rest key players against Washington and get ready for Tampa.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
jr15aggie said:

I'd definitely like to see Dallas beat the Titans convincingly. At that point we can rest key players against Washington and get ready for Tampa.

If Philly loses this coming weekend(and Dallas wins) the Cowboys may be forced to play everyone against Washington with the division title(and better playoff seed) still a possibility. Of course that depends on the schedule that week. If Philly plays earlier in the day and wins, the Cowboys could then rest guys.
gigem1223
Hubert J. Farnsworth said:

jr15aggie said:

If Philly loses this coming weekend(and Dallas wins) the Cowboys may be forced to play everyone against Washington with the division title(and better playoff seed) still a possibility. Of course that depends on the schedule that week. If Philly plays earlier in the day and wins, the Cowboys could then rest guys.

I'd imagine if Dallas wins and philly loses next week the NFL would schedule them both at the same time the last week, so neither team has an advantage.
dave94
AG
I thought that the only real flex options were for SNF to take a game.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.