*****COWBOYS 2017 Offseason Thread*****

214,215 Views | 3078 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jtstanley4621
ac04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dellgriffith said:

It is 6 games. Appeal coming. Roger will lose the appeal and his job.

you post like you know this is fact. source?
BMX Bandit
How is Goodell going to lose the appeal?

Lowered a few games seems like a likely scenario
ac04

bonfarr
AG
This is what happens when a Giants fan is put in charge of investigating a Cowboy player. Jerry needs to call Lisa Friel out for bias if this suspension holds.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
dellgriffith
AG
ac04 said:

dellgriffith said:

It is fact. Wait and see.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ac04
do you like to gamble?
Phat32
AG
Honest question - who has more sway in the league - Jerry or Roger?
jtstanley4621
AG
I think the cowboys can get by without him for 6 games. We might lose a few of the games we would otherwise have won, but I don't think it will fully kill the team. We'll see though.
BMX Bandit
rasher said:

Honest question - who has more sway in the league - Jerry or Roger?

If Jerry wants Roger out, he won't be around long.

Not even debatable on who has more sway
dellgriffith
AG
ac04 said:

do you like to gamble?

Nope
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Ag Natural
AG
I'm wondering what possible evidence there is to destroy in a case like this.
M.C. Swag
AG
It won't be 6 games. It will be reduced to 4 minimum. (same thing happened to Big Ben. No evidence of wrongdoing, but rumors of evidence tampering. NFL levied 6 game suspension, Pitt appealed, it was reduced to 4.)

bonfarr
AG
Ag Natural said:

It would have to be witness tampering because per reports there were multiple witnesses on both sides including the "victim's" friends that refuted her accusations.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Ag Natural said:

Deleting of text messages maybe?
Say Chowdah
AG
dellgriffith said:

ac04 said:

dellgriffith said:

As much as I would love to see Goodell canned, deflate-gate proved his invincibility.
BMX Bandit
Being invincible wouid imply someone wanted him gone. Kraft didn't want him out. They were buddies behind closed doors and Kraft always blamed lawyers
dellgriffith
AG
Say Chowdah said:

dellgriffith said:

ac04 said:

dellgriffith said:

As much as I would love to see Goodell canned, deflate-gate proved his invincibility.

Jerry is not Bob Kraft. Goodell is not invincible. He is going down.
Say Chowdah
AG
Quote:

They were buddies behind closed doors
I think were is correct. After that, hard to say.

And when I say invincible, the owners and courts all gave Goodell absolute authority. Itd be hard to go back from that afterwards.
PooDoo
AG
6 f'n games?
DannyDuberstein
AG
A guy losing nearly half a season over some he said she said where she apparently had conflicting statements and other refuting evidence to where the prosecutor wouldn't take it just doesn't sit right with me.
gigem1223
Absolutely ridiculous. I'm scared to see what they found to deserve 6 f'in games. There goes the division.
Ag12thman
AG
Elliott has shown to involve himself in "iffy" situations on several occasions. The dude needs to use this as a learning experience and stay out of trouble.
BMX Bandit
Kraft is not Jerry, but he's not far off.

Kraft made zero effort to oust Goodell or lower his power

We will see what Jerry does.

Ag12thman
AG
They must have found more than we've been imaging and/or more than reports have indicated. That does seem kinda excessive.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Really interested to see how he tried to obstruct. If he indeed paid off witnesses to corroborate any lies of his 6 games is warranted and maybe even light.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Zeke is serving Josh Brown and Ray Rice's suspensions
Say Chowdah
AG
Ag12thman said:

Elliott has shown to involve himself in "iffy" situations on several occasions. The dude needs to use this as a learning experience and stay out of trouble.
I lean toward this as well. I think this is a pile on decision based on several black eyes, administered by him, over the years.
Macarthur
I think they need to make some release about evidence. If he did this, I want him suspended; no questions asked.

I just think this is a special case where the authorities did not find enough to move forward. The need to make some justification here.

JJ has to be pissed.
jtstanley4621
AG
Macarthur said:

I think they need to make some release about evidence. If he did this, I want him suspended; no questions asked.

I just think this is a special case where the authorities did not find enough to move forward. The need to make some justification here.

JJ has to be pissed.
Professional/employment standards differ from legal standards. Who knows what the NFL's actual foundation for prosecution is. It seems like it's kind of shadowy and murky.
PooDoo
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Kraft is not Jerry, but he's not far off.

Kraft made zero effort to oust Goodell or lower his power

We will see what Jerry does.

Jerry to Goodell
Ag_07
AG
My guess and this is purely a guess is that he paid her to be quiet to the law so they couldn't prosecute. The NFL came knocking and her and her lawyers said 'Well he didn't pay us to not talk to the league' and they saw an opportunity to take him down.

That's just my shot in the dark guess.
BMX Bandit
they should not release any evidence until after the appeal. Even then, not sure its appropriate to do so. If its bad, I doubt Zeke wants it public.

but likelihood is it all leaks.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I'd be willing to give the NFL the benefit of the doubt, but they blew that in several previous investigations.
CSWendt
I find it hard to believe that NFL found "substantial" evidence when Jerry says there absolutely is none. Likely the case of the NFL playing judge and jury by deciding that anything that happened was from Zeke, therefore he is guilty. When there isn't any direct evidence to trace to him.
BMX Bandit
CSWendt said:

I find it hard to believe that NFL found "substantial" evidence when Jerry says there absolutely is none. Likely the case of the NFL playing judge and jury by deciding that anything that happened was from Zeke, therefore he is guilty. When there isn't any direct evidence to trace to him.
now that's funny.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.