****Kyle Rittenhouse Trial-VERDICT WATCH-Day 4****

102,831 Views | 1100 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Tailgate88
txags92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
richardag said:

fooz said:

Our President literally called Rittenhouse a white supremacist. He is responsible for attempted jury tampering and trying to incite a riot with that statement. Our President is a complete corrupt amoral failure.
So can the president be sued as an individual for libel? Right now, if I were the Rittenhouse family, I would be making a list of Twitter accounts calling him a white supremacist or a murderer and pick the 20 or so richest to sue.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Let's Go Brandon.
Guitarsoup
AG
Rapier108 said:

AP's main take on the trial is "The anonymous jury, which appeared to be overwhelmingly white, deliberated for close to 3 1/2 days."

All white jury acquitted minority of murdering white men.
lunchbox
agcrock2005
AG
Anyone know who the ******* on the top left is? He was NOT happy with the verdict!

Not a Bot
AG
I think it's Huber's dad or someone else's relative. Victim relatives have been sitting behind Kyle for much of the trial.
Not a Bot
AG
Rekieta is on live. "Victory Lap" stream. Going to review the state's response to the defense motion.
agcrock2005
AG
Captain Positivity said:

I think it's Huber's dad or someone else's relative. Victim relatives have been sitting behind Kyle for much of the trial.
He was taking notes like he was a reporter. And I saw Huber's dad previously and he's fat as hell.

EDIT: And any family member of anyone Kyle killed would not be dressed as nicely as this guy!
MarkTwain
Captain Positivity said:

He's a reporter

This is John Huber

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

So can the president be sued as an individual for libel? Right now, if I were the Rittenhouse family, I would be making a list of Twitter accounts calling him a white supremacist or a murderer and pick the 20 or so richest to sue.
He can't be sued for what he said while a sitting President but he can be sued as a sitting President for what he did say as a candidate. Bill Clinton and Paula Jones proved that.

Having said that, it isn't the best case to make because Biden prefaces his comments with he really doesn't know much about the facts of the case, so it is opinion based on very limited information. A mistake born of ignorance, instead of intentional defamation. That is only as to Biden, though.

Professional news outlets will not have that wiggle room. Trial is over. What they are saying now that they know are lies are actionable.
aggielostinETX
AG
Why did the acquittal have to be unanimous?
MarkTwain
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

He can't be sued for what he said while a sitting President but he can be sued as a sitting President for what he did say as a candidate. Bill Clinton and Paula Jones proved that.

Having said that, it isn't the best case to make because Biden prefaces his comments with he really doesn't know much about the facts of the case, so it is opinion based on very limited information. A mistake born of ignorance, instead of intentional defamation. That is only as to Biden, though. [HUGE POINT]

Professional news outlets will not have that wiggle room. Trial is over. What they are saying now that they know are lies are actionable.
Well said ma'am

Biden made more than just a statement referencing Kyle Rittenhouse as a "white supremacist" he had campaign ads running depicting the same thing and then there were the tweets. Biden used Rittenhouse's image and name to try and call out Trump into condemning the young man for being a "white supremacist" specifically. IMHO Biden has little to no wiggle room in this, since he was a private citizen at the time with a national platform, and was running national campaign ads defaming this young man.

There was an argument being made that since all this derived from Rittenhouse being criminally charged in crimes. Well that's 100% BS. Now to refer to him as an "alleged murderer" or a "person accused of murder" is perfectly fine. But they crossed a line with all the "white supremacist" "white nationalist" because there was zero evidence that the young man was any of those things.

Biden basically doubles down in his post trial statement without directly cally Rittenhouse a "white supremacist" they were still on the labeling of him as a vigilante
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
MarkTwain
AggieLostinDallas said:

That's how juries work in criminal proceedings, it's either unanimous one way or another anything less is a hung jury.

In some civil matters in certain jurisdictions a majority decision is accepted in a verdict.
aggielostinETX
AG
sicandtiredTXN said:

AggieLostinDallas said:

That's how juries work in criminal proceedings, it's either unanimous one way or another anything less is a hung jury.

In some civil matters in certain jurisdictions a majority decision is accepted in a verdict.

Thanks. I thought in criminal proceedings only a guilty verdict required a unanimous decision. I always thought an acquittal simply had to be a majority.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
richardag said:

fooz said:

Our President literally called Rittenhouse a white supremacist. He is responsible for attempted jury tampering and trying to incite a riot with that statement. Our President is a complete corrupt amoral failure.
So first he says he respects the jury decision and our system works. Now he is saying this later in the day?

This is pretty much his trend..... say something reasonable and then backtrack once his "handlers" or the true President(s) gets ahold of him to make him say what they want him to. Just like the $450k to illegals comment where he had to backtrack.
MarkTwain
Player To Be Named Later said:

richardag said:

fooz said:

So first he says he respects the jury decision and our system works. Now he is saying this later in the day?

This is pretty much his trend..... say something reasonable and then backtrack once his "handlers" or the true President(s) gets ahold of him to make him say what they want him to. Just like the $450k to illegals comment where he had to backtrack.
Literal minutes later. Rittenhouse Verdict handed down 2:01 pm
Biden, 2:29pm: "I standby what the jury has to say. The jury process worked."
Biden, 72 minutes later: "I'm angry and concerned about the process."
Biden is not in charge of this administration. He's being told what to say, what to think he's literally a Charlie McCarthy doll and Ron Klain has his hand up Biden's ass making his mouth move like Jeff Dunham
Tailgate88
AG
sicandtiredTXN said:

Player To Be Named Later said:

richardag said:

fooz said:

Literal minutes later. Rittenhouse Verdict handed down 2:01 pm
Biden, 2:29pm: "I standby what the jury has to say. The jury process worked."
Biden, 72 minutes later: "I'm angry and concerned about the process."
Biden is not in charge of this administration. He's being told what to say, what to think he's literally a Charlie McCarthy doll and Ron Klain has his hand up Biden's ass making his mouth move like Jeff Dunham

He has pudding dribbling down his chin watching Cartoon Network while his puppetmasters submit his press release that he has never read or even seen.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.