****Kyle Rittenhouse Trial-VERDICT WATCH-Day 4****

102,836 Views | 1100 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Tailgate88
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
(Yawn!)

Mornin' all! By this time I am beginning to feel like the Dunkin Donuts guy from the 80's. Time to start my daily thread.

Branca is up already. HERE.

For those that may have missed it, his analysis (questions) about the jury foreperson is HERE.

Will add more links when available.

Per request:
https://odysee.com/@RekietaLaw:a/LIVE:6dd
itsyourboypookie
Hopefully they want the weekend off
4stringAg
AG
Mornin' hawg. Thanks again for doing these threads and providing your insight and commentary.
Eso si, Que es
love the hawg, thank you honey!
Natural antibodies are best antibodies!
Whirligigs
Nothing is accomplished today.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Whirligigs said:

Nothing is accomplished today.

At my work
TheHulkster
AG
Wonder what kind of independent research on the jury instructions Karen #54 did as she was burning the midnight oil.
DTP02
AG
I've got a feeling Kyle is walking out a free man today.
purplehayes
Thanks hawg!
VaultingChemist
AG
Congrats on your verdict threads, darling. All have over 100k views, dwarfing everything else on TexAgs during this week.

I suspect that a lot of us haven't done much work this week because of this trial.
BoDog
AG
DTPO, I wish I shared your enthusiasm. I went to bed last night thinking the kid is going to get screwed. Hope I am very wrong!
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Surely these folks would like to actually go home over the weekend and not be held up over this crap. Surely they would like America to get back to work and be productive for a couple of days before turkey day!

IN!
Muy
AG
Hi hawg, happy Friday!
BTHOB
AG
The mob wants their pound of flesh. Poor Kyle was never gonna get a fair shake at this thing... Just my cynical perspective.
wbt5845
AG
I know we have all bought into the Juror 54 scenario, but keep in mind that is still just a theory. A good one, but a theory.

What is certain is there is some sort of impasse. And I find it hard to fathom the impasse is anything other than a small number who want to convict KR of SOMETHING because they just don't like him, don't like what he did, etc.

Here's hoping the other jurors rise up against them today. Judge needs to force them to work tomorrow to start making it uncomfortable to accommodate the hold outs.
4stringAg
AG
DTP02 said:

I've got a feeling Kyle is walking out a free man today.
IF, big if, that Branca's hunch is correct and we're looking at an 11-1 acquittal with the one holdout being the supposed Karen foreperson, he would be close if they can either push her over the edge to acquit or somehow she's violated a rule about researching stuff on her own outside the jury room and they can toss her and replace with an alternate.

the biggest hurdle to me to overcome with the holdouts is the feeling from probably 1 or a few on the jury that this kid committed some crime and shouldn't just get to skate scot free because they think he played a part in creating the situation he is in. 2 people are dead and another permanently injured so they feel some punishment is due the shooter even if his self defense claims were proven in court. They can't fathom he walks with no punishment (probably not taking into account that his life and the name "Kyle Rittenhouse" will be tainted forever as part of his punishment)
FbgTxAg
AG
Karen 54 trying to figure out how to get the judge to allow the jury to vote by mail - then have Binger count the votes.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Sure hope this ends today with the obvious acquittal verdict.
aggiehawg
AG
mkorzo said:

Wonder what kind of independent research on the jury instructions Karen #54 did as she was burning the midnight oil.
Because of that, I think it is more likely we see some action today. Not saying we get a verdict necessarily nor a declaration of a hung jury but jury misconduct could be on the menu.

I cannot stress how phenomenally bad of a decision it was for the judge to allow jury instructions to be taken home last evening. There could be a lot of ramifications today if jurors from each side took them with them and disobeyed the judge's orders and armed themselves with outside research. Schroeder practically invited such misconduct with that decision.

Colossal blunder.
suburban cowboy
AG
Kid is guilty of being innocent
DannyDuberstein
AG
This should have been over 3 days ago. There are definitely some Karens
DTP02
AG
BoDog said:

DTPO, I wish I shared your enthusiasm. I went to bed last night thinking the kid is going to get screwed. Hope I am very wrong!

I haven't been able to bring myself to believe that anything worse than a hung jury is a significant possibility. My view has always been that with such a strong fact pattern for self-defense, there will be, at a minimum, a few jurors who won't be moved off of self-defense and acquittal.
schwack schwack
AG
Quote:

or somehow she's violated a rule about researching stuff on her own outside the jury room and they can toss her and replace with an alternate.

You just know she did it, but it would be hard to prove. If she did research she probably borrowed someone else's computer.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Can a jury vote to replace the Foreman?
jetch17
AG
aggiehawg
AG
schwack schwack said:

Quote:

or somehow she's violated a rule about researching stuff on her own outside the jury room and they can toss her and replace with an alternate.

You just know she did it, but it would be hard to prove. If she did research she probably borrowed someone else's computer.
She has had the same arguments and theories for three days now. She comes in this morning with new definitions, new terminology that is specific to the instructions, the other jurors will spot it immediately.
FbgTxAg
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

I believe they can, but I'm not sure how that changes anything.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
DannyDuberstein
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

Doesnt really matter. They can't kick her off the jury
rwpag71
AG
aggiehawg said:

mkorzo said:

Because of that, I think it is more likely we see some action today. Not saying we get a verdict necessarily nor a declaration of a hung jury but jury misconduct could be on the menu.

I cannot stress how phenomenally bad of a decision it was for the judge to allow jury instructions to be taken home last evening. There could be a lot of ramifications today if jurors from each side took them with them and disobeyed the judge's orders and armed themselves with outside research. Schroeder practically invited such misconduct with that decision.

Colossal blunder.
Other than doing your own outside research, I can't think of any reason why you would take the instructions home. What's available at home that's not available in the jury room as it relates to understanding and clarifying the jury instructions? The ability to do outside research perhaps?
DannyDuberstein
AG
There's no justification for it. If she wants to spend extra time, then I'd suggest deliberating more than a lazy ass 9-4 schedule. Otherwise, she can go F herself

This judge is a grade A weenie disaster
GarryowenAg
AG
schwack schwack said:

Quote:

You can always put her on the stand and voir dire her.
SwigAg11
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

There's no justification for it. If she wants to spend extra time, then I'd suggest deliberating more than a lazy ass 9-4 schedule. Otherwise, she can go F herself

This judge is a grade A weenie disaster

9-4 schedule with an hour lunch break as well.
4stringAg
AG
If the other jury members suspect she did outside research, can they go to the judge and ask him to question her under oath?
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
If I were on that jury, my murder trial would be next!
TheHulkster
AG
I can't imagine Kyle walking out as a free man today. He's either going away on something or the jury is hung. Does anyone really think #54 took home the jury instructions in order to talk herself into acquittal? No way. She was trying to put together her sales talk for why Kyle needs to fry, and she'll be delivering that sales talk to the holdouts in about an hour.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.