****Kyle Rittenhouse Trial-VERDICT WATCH-Day 4****

102,826 Views | 1100 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Tailgate88
SwigAg11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
GarryowenAg said:

schwack schwack said:

Quote:

or somehow she's violated a rule about researching stuff on her own outside the jury room and they can toss her and replace with an alternate.

You just know she did it, but it would be hard to prove. If she did research she probably borrowed someone else's computer.

You can always put her on the stand and voir dire her.

Can the judge do that to a juror? I have no clue, just asking.
rgag12
AG
suburban cowboy said:

Kid is guilty of being innocent

Sure feels like the jury is going on the assumption of must be proven innocent beyond any reasonable doubt
BusterAg
AG
aggiehawg said:

mkorzo said:

Wonder what kind of independent research on the jury instructions Karen #54 did as she was burning the midnight oil.
Because of that, I think it is more likely we see some action today. Not saying we get a verdict necessarily nor a declaration of a hung jury but jury misconduct could be on the menu.

I cannot stress how phenomenally bad of a decision it was for the judge to allow jury instructions to be taken home last evening. There could be a lot of ramifications today if jurors from each side took them with them and disobeyed the judge's orders and armed themselves with outside research. Schroeder practically invited such misconduct with that decision.

Colossal blunder.
So, let's go over the reversible errors:

1) 5th amendment problems during Kyle's cross
2) 5th amendment problems about Mr. Z during prosecutions close (maybe?)
3) Blatant Brady violation on probably the most important piece of evidence in this case
4) Allowing Jury to take home charge (and possibly notes)
5) Subornation of perjury regarding the Khindri bros

What a complete mess.

Anything I miss?
DannyDuberstein
AG
This jury is lazier than the meth addict contractors I had at my house this summer
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
wbt5845 said:

I know we have all bought into the Juror 54 scenario, but keep in mind that is still just a theory. A good one, but a theory.

What is certain is there is some sort of impasse. And I find it hard to fathom the impasse is anything other than a small number who want to convict KR of SOMETHING because they just don't like him, don't like what he did, etc.

Here's hoping the other jurors rise up against them today. Judge needs to force them to work tomorrow to start making it uncomfortable to accommodate the hold outs.
I'm with you. As plausible as the theory sounds, I'm still going with 10-2, 9-3, 8-4 range that want their pound of bicep flesh out of Kyle. At the 2 or 3 range, they just huddle together in their little cocoon pointing to Little Binger and Butterbean evidence and just won't budge off that. Taking the orders home, they are hoping to burrow in deeper.

Hung jury is a pseudo win for Kyle, because he will have to live through another trial of this crap. I don't think the DA is going to let it go.
BMX Bandit
If they were lazy they would've already gone home. People are fighting hard on this one. Hoping justice still prevails, as I just don't see them coming back Monday
Stormblitz II
AG
Im here for the judge's stories
aggiehawg
AG
SwigAg11 said:

GarryowenAg said:

schwack schwack said:

Quote:

or somehow she's violated a rule about researching stuff on her own outside the jury room and they can toss her and replace with an alternate.

You just know she did it, but it would be hard to prove. If she did research she probably borrowed someone else's computer.

You can always put her on the stand and voir dire her.

Can the judge do that to a juror? I have no clue, just asking.
Damn straight he can. Most judges take jury misconduct pretty seriously.
Caliber
AG
I'm really hoping they broke early to sleep on the verdict... otherwise leaving at 4 was ridiculous.

Come back with the verdict first thing this morning dammit.
aggiehawg
AG
I remember back in the day when subornation of perjury was a no-no.

AG
Stormblitz II said:

Im here for the judge's stories
You are truly an evil person.

Hey grandpa, tell us how they built them flying machines in Kenosha.
TheHulkster
AG
How does subornation of perjury work? Is this a criminal charge for the attorney? How does one even prove the lawyer knew the testimony was false?
aggiehawg
AG
Brad06ag said:

I'm really hoping they broke early to sleep on the verdict... otherwise leaving at 4 was ridiculous.

Or they broke because it was about to become physical and people needed to cool off. There is only so long you can keep banging your head against a wall before it really starts to hurt.
BuddysBud
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

This should have been over 3 days ago. There are definitely some Karens

KR never should have been charged.
agsalaska
aggiehawg
AG
mkorzo said:

How does subornation of perjury work? Is this a criminal charge for the attorney? How does one even prove the lawyer knew the testimony was false?
Subornation of perjury can be done by anyone, not just attorneys in court. More often it is charged as witness tampering for non-lawyers.

But for lawyers, especially prosecutors, it is a big deal. Lose your license over it, big.
Esteban du Plantier
pacecar02
aggiehawg said:

I remember back in the day when subornation of perjury was a no-no.

WOW

Is this like instance number 4?
no sig
Not a Bot
AG
How did they prove the prosecutors knew about this footage? Wouldn't it be easy for them to just say this is all just a big surprise, and they are just as disappointed as everyone else? Perhaps they had another technical glitch with some of their video footage and just didn't get to this one?
wbt5845
AG
Captain Positivity said:

How did they prove the prosecutors knew about this footage? Wouldn't it be easy for them to just say this is all just a big surprise, and they are just as disappointed as everyone else? Perhaps they had another technical glitch with some of their video footage and just didn't get to this one?
Yeah, if this was brought before the judge, wouldn't Fatlock just start droning on about all the ways this could have happened until the judge saw a shiny object?
aggiehawg
AG
I have been thinking about how Binger and Krauss got to the decision to call the Khindri brothers in the first place. Whether Kyle was invited or not really doesn't play that much of a role in any element of the charges against him, so what was the point?

I really don't know. Spidey senses tell me that the Khindris may have some criminal exposure that Binger leveraged over them to get them to testify the way they did but then they kind of went south on them when actually on the stand.
pacecar02
wbt5845 said:

Captain Positivity said:

Yeah, if this was brought before the judge, wouldn't Fatlock just start droning on about all the ways this could have happened until the judge saw a shiny object?
his sexpanther approach has worked so far
no sig
Enviroag02
AG
Obviously since it's daytime and there doesn't appear to be any rioting taking place, this is the very first recorded instance of Kyle's provocation. He menacingly stands there all "bowed up" with his scary black gun that can kill 30 people like he's just one nasty verbal exchange from blasting mofos.
BusterAg
AG
aggiehawg said:

I have been thinking about how Binger and Krauss got to the decision to call the Khindri brothers in the first place. Whether Kyle was invited or not really doesn't play that much of a role in any element of the charges against him, so what was the point?

I really don't know. Spidey senses tell me that the Khindris may have some criminal exposure that Binger leveraged over them to get them to testify the way they did but then they kind of went south on them when actually on the stand.
My thought is that Binger offered them a way to avoid liability in any wrongful death lawsuits. If Kyle was in any way acting as a contractor for Khindris when he killed people, that's a pretty bad look. Hiring an untrained 17 year old to provide security for your business with an assault rifle?

Better to tell the world you didn't know he was there. Why don't you do that on the stand?
Stupid@17
AG
Im waiting for Kraus to remind thr jury that without a guilty verdict "we all catch a beating sometimes"
AG
Enviroag02 said:

Obviously since it's daytime and there doesn't appear to be any rioting taking place, this is the very first recorded instance of Kyle's provocation. He menacingly stands there all "bowed up" with his scary black gun that can kill 30 people like he's just one nasty verbal exchange from blasting mofos.
Good call. Looks to be sweating, probably beat some puppies and drowned a couple of kittens to satiate his blood lust prior to the night's events.
aggiehawg
AG
BusterAg said:

aggiehawg said:

My thought is that Binger offered them a way to avoid liability in any wrongful death lawsuits. If Kyle was in any way acting as a contractor for Khindris when he killed people, that's a pretty bad look. Hiring an untrained 17 year old to provide security for your business with an assault rifle?

Better to tell the world you didn't know he was there. Why don't you do that on the stand?
ADA can't do squat about civil wrongful death suits. That's not the the type of leverage to which I was referring. I was alluding to possible insurance fraud. Something that would be within the ADA's purview.
Guitarsoup
AG
Viva video on Activist Juror:

Guitarsoup
AG
aggiehawg said:

mkorzo said:

Wonder what kind of independent research on the jury instructions Karen #54 did as she was burning the midnight oil.
Because of that, I think it is more likely we see some action today. Not saying we get a verdict necessarily nor a declaration of a hung jury but jury misconduct could be on the menu.

I cannot stress how phenomenally bad of a decision it was for the judge to allow jury instructions to be taken home last evening. There could be a lot of ramifications today if jurors from each side took them with them and disobeyed the judge's orders and armed themselves with outside research. Schroeder practically invited such misconduct with that decision.

Colossal blunder.
My question about that is this:

If there is a strong "Kyle Self-Defense" juror, when they start deliberating today, could that Pro-Kyle juror send a note to the judge saying that Juror 54 went home and googled the case to share more information with the jury and the judge dismiss that juror?
DannyDuberstein
AG
I'm hoping for this. Problem is the wimp judge will do nothing
FTAG 2000
AG
Guitarsoup said:

aggiehawg said:

mkorzo said:

Colossal blunder.

If there is a strong "Kyle Self-Defense" juror, when they start deliberating today, could that Pro-Kyle juror send a note to the judge saying that Juror 54 went home and googled the case to share more information with the jury and the judge dismiss that juror?
Could but we haven't seen anything out of this judge indicating he'd do anything other than let Krauss rub his belly and tell him it's all the defense's fault.
Skillet Shot
Brad06ag said:

Karen 54 asking to take home the jury instructions pretty much confirms they haven't reached a verdict.
aezmvp
Guitarsoup said:

aggiehawg said:

mkorzo said:

Colossal blunder.

Would have to go through a bailiff I think. Most notes to the judge are through the foreperson.
aggiehawg
AG
Guitarsoup said:

aggiehawg said:

mkorzo said:

Colossal blunder.

Sure. Any juror can talk to the bailiff about that and the bailiff relays that to the judge. Judge calls the juror in for voir dire to question about potential misconduct. Both counsel would be involved as well.

The juror who made a joke about the Jacob Blake shooting was tossed because the prosecution asked for him to be dismissed. Judge had that juror come into the court room and questioned him with counsel present.
TAMUallen
AG
AG 2000' said:

Guitarsoup said:

aggiehawg said:

mkorzo said:

Colossal blunder.

Could but we haven't seen anything out of this judge indicating he'd do anything other than let Krauss rub his belly and tell him it's all the defense's fault.

The most we have seen from Judge Schroeder is him getting angry and sending the jury out. Prosecution figured out that even if he's mad, just ramble for 10 minutes and he forgets why he was mad.

Unless the judge surprises us all at the end by sequentially going through a list of all the things the prosecution did wrong WITH the actual action or consequence for each then I highly doubt 54 will ever have a thing to worry about.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.