The Kraken has been released. See Powell document lawsuit Georgia

55,993 Views | 469 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by superunknown
ClassicAg18
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For anyone with lawyer knowledge....

Is there a chance there are typos, errors, vague statements, etc. in these fillings in order for a lower court judges to reject the cases and then get the lawsuits to the Supreme Court faster?
FJB
AG
Not a lawyer, but I believe filings can be modified and amended. If that is the case, I am sure it will be used as an opportunity to address anything that needs addressing.
schmendeler
AG
ClassicAg18 said:

Is there a chance there are typos, errors, vague statements, etc. in these fillings in order for a lower court judges to reject the cases and then get the lawsuits to the Supreme Court faster?
i'm not a lawyer, but the idea that doing ****ty work on the front end will encourage a more prestigious court to accept said ****ty work seems... misguided.
FJB
AG
SeMgCo87 said:

captkirk said:

Where is Dominion in this? They have not said a word. This sort of allegation can destroy a Company, yet they remain silent.
Yeah, very odd...

Especially when compared to the Russian firm Mueller charged with election meddling in 2016. They actually fought back.

But Mueller and Weissman kinda backed off, saying all the evidence was from Counter-intelligence and couldn't be revealed,

Dumb-***es. And here you have documented culpability, and...crickets. Not sure if true, but I think someone tweeted out that Dominion closed their Denver CO and Toronto, Ontario (CA) offices. Now that is just completely suspicious...
Is it also not odd that Hilldawg's technical guys were also from Denver? south platte networks or some such?

Denver is rotten to the core.
Maury Ballstein
captkirk said:

Where is Dominion in this? They have not said a word. This sort of allegation can destroy a Company, yet they remain silent.

Yeah it's weird they've only done a thorough debunking on their website, multiple press releases, and national TV interviews.

https://www.dominionvoting.com/dominion-statement-on-sidney-powell-charges/

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dominion-rep-responds-to-trump-campaign-impossible-to-switch-votes
HTownAg98
ClassicAg18 said:

The District Court could strike it and tell them to refile, which would be opposite of what you're trying to accomplish.

This idea that you want to lose is just complete nonsense. If you lose and appeal, the onus is on you to prove the lower court was wrong. There are times that you know going in that you will lose. In cases like that, you want a very strong record. Based on what I've read about this case, this is not how you want to lose.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Has it been verified that the draft we are referencing is the actual draft sent to the courts?
aggiehawg
AG
Troutslime said:

Has it been verified that the draft we are referencing is the actual draft sent to the courts?
Has the court file stamp at the top.
Philip J Fry
AG
HTownAg98 said:

ClassicAg18 said:

The District Court could strike it and tell them to refile, which would be opposite of what you're trying to accomplish.

This idea that you want to lose is just complete nonsense. If you lose and appeal, the onus is on you to prove the lower court was wrong. There are times that you know going in that you will lose. In cases like that, you want a very strong record. Based on what I've read about this case, this is not how you want to lose.

Someone already mentioned it, but it really does look like OCR (scan to text) mischief to me.
HTownAg98
That's highly likely. But that doesn't excuse someone not glancing at the final copy before uploading it.
HTownAg98
aggiehawg said:

Troutslime said:

Has the court file stamp at the top.

The Michigan one does; the Georgia case does not.
BMX Bandit
Quote:

Someone already mentioned it, but it really does look like OCR (scan to text) mischief to me.

How does converting from word to PDF change spellings of words? Have had this done thousands and thousands of times. Has never happened

Powell put an un-proofread complaint on her website to meet the "Wednesday" deadline she promised.

The GA case was not actually filed Wednesday
titan
S

Depends on if the priority was a deadline. What is interesting is Powell kept her projection. She had said on NewMax before Monday that "it would be filed either Wednesday, or possibly Friday, depending on the pace."

They hit it with late Wednesday night. All other things aside, I noticed that at once. That was not a false projection--it was on schedule.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
Philip J Fry
AG
BMX, happens all the time when I do it. Depends on the quality of the in initial print job.
BMX Bandit
Quote:

That was not a false projection--it was on schedule.

It wasn't filed in GA Wednesday
titan
S
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

How does converting from word to PDF change spellings of words? Have had this done thousands and thousands of times. Has never happened

Powell put an un-proofread complaint on her website to meet the "Wednesday" deadline she promised.

Its kind of obvious given context it meant some public revelation of it---filing in layman's terms, and it was certainly that. The actual legal event and criteria is of secondary importance to a public revelation. Content is what people wanted to know going into Thanksgiving, and they got that. But your post does explain the spelling errors.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
BMX Bandit
Philip J Fry said:

BMX, happens all the time when I do it. Depends on the quality of the in initial print job.

Not understanding this. Why are you printing it? When you save a word doc as pdf, it doesn't change spellings. I think she just had "all caps" off in spellcheck

Or are you talking about when you OCR a pdf document?
titan
S
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

That was not a false projection--it was on schedule.

It wasn't filed in GA Wednesday
Wrote prior before saw this. But what I am saying is, UNLESS the official filing is different it WAS filed in layman's terms--- we saw the content of allegations--of what the filing discusses. That's all the waiting public, and even the media, is interested in.
FrioAg 00:
BBRex
AG
With OCR, you are generally going the other way. If you don't have Adobe products to open PDFs, you might choose to use software that scans a paper copy and converts it to an editable format. Often the created document contains spelling, spacing and other errors.
HTownAg98
It can happen if you copy from another pdf into a word doc. I had a version of Adobe that was wonky and would stack characters on top of each other when I went to print it. Drove me nuts until it was fixed.

Also, the exhibits are supposed to be in a format for searchable text, and many of them aren't. The brief also lacks pincites in many places. I'm sure that makes clerks happy.
stetson
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

Agree. Maybe if your scanning a document to PDF, but why not just convert a Word document to PDF with an application like PDF995?

Maybe the misspellings are related to the "RepublIcan" misspelling issue.
FJB
BMX Bandit
So if you copy "District Court of Georgia" from a pdf and paste in word, that can result in spelling being off?

That makes more sense.
1876er
AG
Misspellings are obviously Q crumbs.
Another Q proof. Wga11gwa
HTownAg98
Maybe, but I've never had that happen. What I've had happen is pasting text into word results in each line being a separate paragraph, so I have to take all the paragraph marks out. But yes, you have to be very careful pasting from a pdf, or converting a pdf into a word doc.

These incompetents did not exercise that care.
Philip J Fry
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Philip J Fry said:

Not understanding this. Why are you printing it? When you save a word doc as pdf, it doesn't change spellings. I think she just had "all caps" off in spellcheck

Or are you talking about when you OCR a pdf document?

The latter. When you have a hard copy you want converted back to digital.

It's really my only working theory because I have such a hard time believing any attorney...even incredibly incompetent ones...could misspell district.

I'm also an engineer, so excel and PowerPoint are my jazz. If I was working in Word, I would have a heading style for that kind of thing that converts all characters to upper case and spell check should still catch it. However, I made the assumption that attorneys were all advanced Word users. Is that not the case?
captkirk
AG
Maury Ballstein
Really looking forward to the next tranche of high comedy from Sidney and her gang of Q nuts.
titan
S
BMX Bandit said:

So if you copy "District Court of Georgia" from a pdf and paste in word, that can result in spelling being off?

That makes more sense.
Oh, absolutely, if that is what is being alleged. Run into that not infrequently when want to take a nice chunk of text from a pdf by copy to save keying.

FrioAg 00:
FbgTxAg
AG
captkirk said:

Now who in the wide wide world of sports would Sidney know in the military intelligence community??
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
Aglaw97
AG
HTownAg98 said:

ClassicAg18 said:

This. From what I can tell, this has been a case of over promising and under delivering. This is not taking a position. With all the smoke around this, it needs to be taken seriously. But this was just rushing to get something out. Are there errors in public documents? All the time. But they are easily caught if you take some time. And in this case you have to be aware of the scrutiny that will be placed on these. Thus the need to be hyper vigilant. Will those sway a court? They shouldn't. But judges are human and just as any of us would do, sloppy work product taints your overall perception. And it doesn't help sway public opinion for those who are paying close attention. I can assure you a document filed by Jay Sekulow wouldn't have these issues.
unmade bed
So looks like City of Detroit was left out as a Defendant despite prior rulings making it clear City of Detroit was responsible for TCF Center voting. City of Detroit says they want a piece of the Kraken also:

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.mied.350905/gov.uscourts.mied.350905.5.0_1.pdf
BMX Bandit
Powell has filed for TRO in the GA case. I'll look for link.

May get a hearing this week?
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
BMX Bandit said:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/judge-republicans-will-likely-win-pennsylvania-election-lawsuit_3596477.html

It is happening. Pennsylvania judge issued this ruling late Friday.
BMX Bandit
brs4688 said:

BMX Bandit said:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/judge-republicans-will-likely-win-pennsylvania-election-lawsuit_3596477.html

The two cases are not similar in any way.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
BMX Bandit said:

brs4688 said:

BMX Bandit said:

The two cases are not similar in any way.

That may be true however it does mean the left's lies will see the light of day.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.