Father's Last Fight to Save Son From 'Gender Transition' is Unfolding in a Texas Ct.

55,419 Views | 459 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DripAG08
Sweet Clementine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Obviously I'm not going to change anyone's mind, especially here. But please refrain from making snap judgements based on one (murky) side of the story. The "facts" that are being reported in this case are from websites and entities with a decidedly ultra-conservative viewpoint, and their reporting on the case reflects such.
AgFormerlyInIrving
AG
The people believing this child should be given hormone therapy are insane!!!

It's bad enough for an adult to have his mental illness applauded by leftist morons. But a child???

When I was 7, I wanted to be a monkey. Thank God my parents weren't idiots, and that science didn't know how to "transition" me to seeming like I was a monkey!

Good grief, what is wrong with some of you people?
who?mikejones
AG
Sweet Clementine said:

Obviously I'm not going to change anyone's mind, especially here. But please refrain from making snap judgements based on one (murky) side of the story. The "facts" that are being reported in this case are from websites and entities with a decidedly ultra-conservative viewpoint, and their reporting on the case reflects such.

Is the dad trying to stop the gender changing process?
Faustus
Tanya 93 said:

Faustus said:

Lots to this story I'm missing.

How did the non-biological mother get custody over the actual father?

I assume she adopted the child, but if the mom and dad separated when the child was 3, then that was the time to get her out of the picture by at least seeking to be the sole managing conservator over his biological children.

I'd be curious what the legal theories were at trial, and how they were presented. I'm having difficulty envisioning a jury siding with the mom based on the facts as presented here. Are there any articles that lay out the two sides' legal filings and arguments?
She gave birth.

It is a tricky issue and I don't think anyone would ever rule she isn't the mom.
I missed that angle. That makes more sense now.
Sweet Clementine
AG
Yes, and is even insisting that the child is a boy, despite the fact that the child is known at school as a girl.

And no one is chopping anything off.
who?mikejones
AG
Sweet Clementine said:

Yes, and is even insisting that the child is a boy, despite the fact that the child is known at school as a girl.

Then the dad is right.

What do you mean insisting?????

The child is indeed a boy!

If anyone is insisting anything it is the mother.

What the child is called at school has no bearing at all to the child's gender.
mrad85
AG
So, she "found out" that he had lied about his past.

But she still went through the pregnancy?

I don't care if he said he was Donald Trump's brother.

That woman needs a trip to the funny farm.
Sweet Clementine
AG
The children were already born at this point.
Urban Ag
AG
Sweet Clementine said:

The fact that is relevant to me here is that the mom is supporting a seven year old transitioning from a boy to a girl.

Is that not a fact?

This should be illegal. And if the dad is complete POS, that doesn't change that this should not be happening to a child. Period.
mrad85
AG
Sweet Clementine said:

The children were already born at this point.
It took her THAT long to figure it out?

who?mikejones
AG
Sweet Clementine said:

Also who is the liar here? Thr mom telling everyone her son is her daughter or the dad who misled the mon?

Why not both?
Rapier108
Sweet Clementine said:

Do you really think that the mom is forcing the child to do this? I know that's what you've read, but dad has done a great job of mobilizing the anti-trans movement to back him up.
That tells us that you are here to support the "trans movement" including pumping a little boy full of drugs and hormones, and then chopping off his *****, all so his mother can gain more SJW street cred.

You should really stick to the general board.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
TravelAg2004
AG
Sweet Clementine said:

Honest question...is this a request of the child or because the mother enrolled the child as a girl?

Not sure a school record where all information is provided by the mother is really definitive in this case.
Sweet Clementine
AG
I do have kids, and within reason I would support my child. I do think that gender/sex is not black and white. There are shades of gray.
I would certainly seek out the best medical care for my child, which is what the mother in this case is doing.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Some of those Google reviews...

Quote:

I came in for an appointment 10 years ago for an ear infection, and she gave me puberty blockers and Estrogen, whatever that is, and I had to start wearing dresses? Long story short I didn't want this, everyone I know mocks me, and im going to jump off a bridge because my doctor: Dr. Anne Georgulas made me do it
Quote:

I came in because my daughter had a cold only to find out after 7 years she is now a boy after just one visit with Dr. Georgulas. Groundbreaking work. The referral we got for therapy was for another amazing doctor that helped affirm my sons identity and is even willing to help me testify in court to take her away from her mother who is a cruel unaccepting bigot. I'm sure I'll win.
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
Sweet Clementine
AG
At the request of the child.
mrad85
AG
Sweet Clementine said:

I would certainly seek out the best medical care for my child, but only from transgender friendly providers?
that's what she is doing
Sweet Clementine
AG
Again, that's not the case. That's what the biased reports are saying.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Regardless of the case; the broader question here is: at what age should a person be allowed to "transition"?

I think it should be the age of majority. 18. Sorry, but you need to deal with it until then
mrad85
AG
Sweet Clementine said:

Again, that's not the case. That's what the biased reports are saying.
Ok, the links that you provided are about the divorce and his lies pertaining to the divorce and custody.

Maybe the guy is a liar about his past.

Where are the links to the "unbiased" reports that you are referring to?
Tanya 93
SpreadsheetAg said:

Regardless of the case; the broader question here is: at what age should a person be allowed to "transition"?

I think it should be the age of majority. 18. Sorry, but you need to deal with it until then
If nothing hormonal or surgical is being done, what is the big deal with a girl with a buzz cut and camo pants or a boy with nails and make up?

Who does that hurt?

And perhaps parents shouldn't teach their kids that bullying or making fun of someone is okay.
coconutED
AG
Sweet Clementine said:

Do you really think that the mom is forcing the child to do this?

No different than how child victims are groomed by pedophiles.
Cassius
Sweet Clementine said:

Just FYI, the sources that you are all reading on this are extremely biased towards the father. The father is a con man who is blasting these things on social media to make himself look good.
Do yourselves a favor and go find some actual information about this case before condemning and threatening the mother.

Ah ok, that's different then. His child of 7 should be allowed to transition fully!
Sarge 91
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

As soon as current health care insurance law does not allow/mandate they stay on their parents' health insurance.
GCP12
AG
Tanya 93 said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

If nothing hormonal or surgical is being done, what is the big deal with a girl with a buzz cut and camo pants or a boy with nails and make up?

Who does that hurt?

And perhaps parents shouldn't teach their kids that bullying or making fun of someone is okay.
Children are impressionable. Especially when the parents are the ones reinforcing the child's thoughts.

If my parents started dressing me like a girl and putting make up on me when I was 7, I probably would've believed that I was supposed to be a girl.
Cassius
Sweet Clementine said:

Do you really think that the mom is forcing the child to do this?

That's not the question. Is she preventing it? That's the question.
Tanya 93
GCP12 said:

Tanya 93 said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

Who does that hurt?

Children are impressionable. Especially when the parents are the ones reinforcing the child's thoughts.

If my parents started dressing me like a girl and putting make up on me when I was 7, I probably would've believed that I was supposed to be a girl.
Being forced to do something is totally different than wanting to do something
Cassius
Tanya 93 said:

GCP12 said:

Tanya 93 said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

Who does that hurt?

he said " the parents are the ones reinforcing the child's thoughts."
Sarge 91
AG
Tanya 93 said:

GCP12 said:

Tanya 93 said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

Who does that hurt?

Yes because no child of that age ever "wanted" to do something to please his mom.
mrad85
AG
Tanya 93 said:

GCP12 said:

Tanya 93 said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

Who does that hurt?

Those nails and makeup aren't gonna put themselves on.

And you can imagine what it would have looked like if a 7 year old did it.

Come on, she's pushing this, and you know it down deep inside.
GCP12
AG
Tanya 93 said:

GCP12 said:

Tanya 93 said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

Who does that hurt?

Seven year old: Mommy, I want to be a thief!

Mom: Ok, son. Let me help you steal ****

I didn't force the child to steal! He wanted to be a thief!

The point is that children don't know **** and facilitating their every indulgence is not a parent's job. But, you knew that.
Tanya 93
mrad85 said:

Tanya 93 said:

GCP12 said:

Tanya 93 said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

Who does that hurt?

I do think she is pushing this because she wants people to think she is enlightened.

However, I don't have an issue with a girl never wearing a dress because she is more comfortable in "boy" clothes. Nor do I have a problem with a boy wearing makeup once they a re teens.

If he wants long hair at 7, I would support it. It is hair. It is temporary. Kinda like my son's hair color

I think too many parents are focused on their kids representing who they are and what they believe instead of letting their kids be themselves
mrad85
AG
Tanya 93 said:

mrad85 said:

Tanya 93 said:

GCP12 said:

Tanya 93 said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

Who does that hurt?

I do think she is pushing this because she wants people to think she is enlightened.

Ok then, she is forcing (pushing) the issue, not doing what he wants to do.

This is ALL about her.
BusterAg
AG
Sweet Clementine said:

So, the dad might be a jerk. I don't know.

But, he is not trying to give his kid life altering, irreversible hormone therapy, and the mom is, without dad's consent.

Maybe don't give the dad custody. Foster care. Grandparents. Anything.

But, altering this kids physical development in a way that will impact him for life is wrong. Period.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.