The Last of Us - HBO

82,360 Views | 1176 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by n_touch
FightinTexasAg15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

I guess after the success of The Witcher, HBO wanted in on a video game adaption series.

Loved the game so should be cool to see
Post removed:
by user
Max Power
AG
One of the best video game stories of all time, plus being done by the creator of Chernobyl, and it's HBO, I'm in!
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Fenrir
Curious how they do this. I hope they go beyond just a retelling of the first game, obviously there is a lot of ground that could be covered between 1 and 2.

Not sure I'm ready to see the prologue with HBO quality yet.
Vade281
AG
Will translate well.

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7WEeNH_C2I][/url]
johnnyblaze36
AG
Greatest game ever made. I can't wait to see the casting for this.
Page 1. Hopefully I'm still 6 feet above when this comes out
M.C. Swag
AG
Hell ya. It'll be like Walking Dead....but good.
cr0wbar
AG
This came as a complete surprise today. Yes please.

EastSideAg2002
cr0wbar said:

This came as a complete surprise today. Yes please.

EastSideAg2002
Post removed:
by user
Saxsoon
AG
Absolutely incredible, even better that Neil Druckman is involved. Dude is a savant at storytelling. This will be an incredible series.
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Article 58-10 Offender
#1 said:

Page 1. Hopefully I'm still 6 feet above when this comes out

Levitating?
TheDraw
AG
redsquirrelAG
AG
Great starting point imo
jokershady
AG
Hope they work this "deleted scene" in

Post removed:
by user
johnnyblaze36
AG

https://www.ign.com/articles/last-of-us-hbo-cast-actors-play-ellie-joel
spanky
AG
This is awesome news
Saxsoon
AG
MyNameIsKyle said:

That was bonkers! The artistic talent in that scene, and Troy's improv skills, just wow!

Dude is so incredibly talented. Met him at emerald city comic on a couple years back and dude was really down to earth and appreciative of his fans. Always excited to see his work

I really hope they find a way to get him and Ashley Johnson in for cameos
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
wangus12
AG
But.....but I want an Uncharted movie
Sex Panther
AG
wangus12 said:

But.....but I want an Uncharted movie

They're making it right now
Fenrir
But I want an Uncharted movie that doesn't involve Marky Mark.
Sex Panther
AG
I think he's ok, and I always like Marky Mark. I am confused by the casting in general. Marky Mark is closer to Nathan Drake than Sully. And as much as I love Tom Holland, I just don't see him as Drake.

It's like this is Uncharted but everyone is 20 years younger than they should be
Fenrir
I'm guessing it will start out as young Drake (ala Uncharted 3 flashbacks) than fullgrown Drake. They want probably envision this being their Indiana Jones and want somebody young enough to carry it for a while.

As far as appearances go, he is a fairly good casting choice for a young Drake. Several years back I wanted an adult Drake played by Chris Pratt and Sully played by Bruce Campbell but I think the time has passed for both of those even if they went to an adult Drake right off the bat.
KidDoc
AG
I didn't like this game as I find stealth games stressful and not fun. I am interested in the series though as the story is supposed to be great!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wangus12
AG
Fenrir said:

I'm guessing it will start out as young Drake (ala Uncharted 3 flashbacks) than fullgrown Drake. They want probably envision this being their Indiana Jones and want somebody young enough to carry it for a while.

As far as appearances go, he is a fairly good casting choice for a young Drake. Several years back I wanted an adult Drake played by Chris Pratt and Sully played by Bruce Campbell but I think the time has passed for both of those even if they went to an adult Drake right off the bat.
Perfection would have been Campbell as Sully and a younger Nathan Fillion as Drake
cr0wbar
AG

Kantemir Balagov, the Cannes darling behind drama 'Beanpole,' has been tapped to direct the pilot for the adaptation of the hit video game.

Quote:

Balagov, who is of Circassian origin, is best known for directing the somber Russian-language dramas Closeness and Beanpole. Closeness, about a poor family in a small town dealing with a kidnapping, was well-received when it debuted at the Cannes Film Festival in 2017, resulting in Balagov winning the festival's FIPRESCI Prize in the Un Certain Regard competition.

Beanpole told of the twisty and dark relationship between two women in the aftermath of the Second World War's Siege of Leningrad. The 2019 movie won Balagov the Un Certain Regard award for best director and his second FIPRESCI Prize. The film was also selected as Russia's submission in the best international feature film category for the 2020 Academy Awards.

Beanpole trailer:

Closeness trailer:

So, Craig Mazin (Chernobyl) + Neil Druckman + Balagov
I'm liking the vibe here. Going to check out Beanpole this weekend.

Duncan Idaho
Do I remember correctly that the cult got all worked up over the second game?
bluefire579
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Do I remember correctly that the cult got all worked up over the second game?
More specifically, they got worked up over unsubstantiated rumors that were all either partially or blatantly false.

Editing this to address the post below to be more specific, since I really don't care to make any more posts about it. The biggest uproars from F16 came from the leaks months before the games came out. The rumors were that Abby was trans and the Scars were Christians who hate trans folks, which is why you fight them. Those leaks turned out to be not true, and as usual, the meltdown was for naught.
Max Power
AG
Ellie is gay, which bothered some people. There's a secondary character that is trans, which bothered some people. About halfway through the game you switch from playing as Ellie, to her adversary Abby, which bothered some people. I think a lot of the hate was drummed up by people who didn't even play the game. I recently finished the game and the sexual orientation and gender identity of the characters was a non-issue for me. The game is incredibly well done and all the fuss was people getting mad about nothing.
bluefire579
AG
Was kind of hoping they'd build a story outside of Joel and Ellie. I'll obviously see how it turns out when they actually release it, but not crazy about the idea of basically rehashing a tale that the game has already told.
Fenrir
I didn't have issues with the elements some people freaked out about. Was shocked when those were far less substantial than people were alleging when playing the game. However I was not a fan of the direction of the game. If the show ends up with the tone of the second game more than the first I'm not sure I will enjoy. Just super bleak and brutal for the sake of bleak and brutal.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.