Dat stuff dat trouble you about da movies

48,720 Views | 452 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Belton Ag
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JD05AG said:

If West Caanan won the district championship, why did they never play football again?
this always bothered me.
BBQ4Me
AG
Zoolander in the walkoff duel. How the hell does Hansel remove his underwear?
M.C. Swag
AG
UMichAg said:

Zoolander in the walkoff duel. How the hell does Hansel remove his underwear?
thatsthejoke.gif
gigemJTH12
AG
how about how Charlies grandpa is completely worthless and bed ridden, but as soon as he sees the Golden Ticket his lazy ass gets up and can dance all over the place.

Greedy *******.
Burdizzo
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

gigemJTH12 said:

how about how in every movie these people wake up and just start making out with each other?

idk about yall, but that doesnt happen in my house without some brushing/mouthwash.

In happens in my house.

Yeah, but who doesn't have to pee first thing after waking up?
AggieSouth06
rasher said:

We talk about this concept all the time. Sex in movies is so seamless and easy apparently.

Stumble in the door, fall on bed, lift dress, and we're in business. Uh huh.

It would be a little unsettling to show the old "spit on the fingertips" move every time our beautiful protagonists are about to seal the deal...
BQ78
AG
And while I'm on the subject of IED makers, why do they always have three spools of wire with differen colored insulation so that the hero can agnoze over cutting the red one, white one or black one first. I'd have onespool, one color and make my damn bomb.
double aught
AG
YouBet said:

No one EVER says bye when they end their phone conversations in movie or TV. The conversation is going and then one of them just hangs up. No good byes, no talk to you laters....one person just hangs up on the other.
I've always thought this was awesome. One day, I'll be brave enough to start doing it.
MSFC Aggie
AG
All phone numbers start with 555
Dro07
AG
My dad does it all the time. 2 second lul and click. Its annoying sometimes especially when you aren't done with the conversation.
BQ78
AG
LeMat Revolver?
Flashdiaz
AG
BQ78 said:

And while I'm on the subject of IED makers, why do they always have three spools of wire with differen colored insulation so that the hero can agnoze over cutting the red one, white one or black one first. I'd have onespool, one color and make my damn bomb.
i'd also put a timer on it and trigger it to explode at 23 seconds
TMoney2007
AG
MSFC Aggie said:

That's because those are reserved for fictional use. 555-0100 to 555-0199 aren't used for anything else.
Sapper Redux
TMoney2007 said:

MSFC Aggie said:

That's because those are reserved for fictional use. 555-0100 to 555-0199 aren't used for anything else.

Baghdad's phone numbers start with 555. Therefore all movies actually take place in Baghdad.
aggie98infl
AG
jokershady said:

Something else that also bugged me about Jenny in Forest Gump....

So Jenny died of AIDS right?

So, either she contracted the disease AFTER having Little Forest through continuing drugs and one night stands....OR Little Forest also has AIDS as well.......cause how long can someone have HIV untreated before it becomes AIDS?

Or worse yet, what if she had it for years, and gave it to Forest during their little sexy time and he and Little Forest are only several years away from suffering the same fate....

JD05AG
AG
aggie98infl said:

jokershady said:

Something else that also bugged me about Jenny in Forest Gump....

So Jenny died of AIDS right?

So, either she contracted the disease AFTER having Little Forest through continuing drugs and one night stands....OR Little Forest also has AIDS as well.......cause how long can someone have HIV untreated before it becomes AIDS?

Or worse yet, what if she had it for years, and gave it to Forest during their little sexy time and he and Little Forest are only several years away from suffering the same fate....

Carlo4
AG
double aught said:

YouBet said:

No one EVER says bye when they end their phone conversations in movie or TV. The conversation is going and then one of them just hangs up. No good byes, no talk to you laters....one person just hangs up on the other.
I've always thought this was awesome. One day, I'll be brave enough to start doing it.

I do this with about half my calls to my GF and about the same with my parents... pisses the GF off to no end!

Bad habit but maybe I saw too many movies growing up...
FL_Ag1998
AG
I'm so sick of the following movie cliche:

Two opposing sides in a conflict are about to make peace or go on their own way, but suddenly some secondary character who is portrayed throughout the entire movie in an exaggerated nervous or unreasonably aggressive way, is not only allowed to be present at this crucial meeting but allowed to carry a weapon, and then guess what...surprise, surprise...he either gets so frightened or is so mad and on edge that some random movement or sound causes him to accidentally fire his weapon, which just happens to fatally wound an opposing person, which causes everything to go to hell.

Please, please, please Hollywood, stop being lazy and find some other device to set events in motion!
Flashdiaz
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

I'm so sick of the following movie cliche:

Two opposing sides in a conflict are about to make peace or go on their own way, but suddenly some secondary character who is portrayed throughout the entire movie in an exaggerated nervous or unreasonably aggressive way, is not only allowed to be present at this crucial meeting but allowed to carry a weapon, and then guess what...surprise, surprise...he either gets so frightened or is so mad and on edge that some random movement or sound causes him to accidentally fire his weapon, which just happens to fatally wound an opposing person, which causes everything to go to hell.

Please, please, please Hollywood, stop being lazy and find some other device to set events in motion!
but it happens all the time in real life...

Wife and I are in a fight, we're talking it out then it's time for sexy time... then some nervous kid that refuses to sleep walks in and everything goes to hell.
Cromagnum
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

how about how Charlies grandpa is completely worthless and bed ridden, but as soon as he sees the Golden Ticket his lazy ass gets up and can dance all over the place.

Greedy *******.

4stringAg
AG
What did Jason do during Camp Crystal Lake's off season when no counselors were there?
jeffk
AG
http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-magazine-monitor-23005848

How long was the runway in Fast & Furious 6?
MSFC Aggie
AG
What the heck happened to the thread title?
jeffk
AG
MSFC Aggie said:

What in tarnation!?
gigemJTH12
AG
MSFC Aggie said:

one of the mods was logged in at home and their kid got ahold of it
jenn96
AG
Quote:

Ironically, I am troubled by fake ethnic accents in movies.
ought1ag
AG
jenn96 said:

Quote:

"what do you mean you people" Tropic Thunder
AggieSouth06
jenn96 said:

Quote:

Fake Texan accents make me roll my eyes so hard my brain bleeds.

[character from Southlake, TX]: THAAAAYRE A'MAYKIN MAY FIIITE IYAN TH' WOOOOOOHR, MOOAMMA
The Debt
I hate the "last of a tribe" cliche.

Oh this tribe has some badasses that got wiped off the face of the earth....but the last one is super great and will avenge the group.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
The Debt said:

I hate the "last of a tribe" cliche.

Oh this tribe has some badasses that got wiped off the face of the earth....but the last one is super great and will avenge the group.

What about when the last most badass person has only been part of the tribe for a relatively short period of time? Like the Last Samurai.
jeffk
AG
AggieSouth06 said:

jenn96 said:

Quote:

[character from Southlake, TX]: THAAAAYRE A'MAYKIN MAY FIIITE IYAN TH' WOOOOOOHR, MOOAMMA

Ah, yes: the Matthew McConnaughey effect.
EastSideAg2002
nickstro66
AG
Martha
Cromagnum
AG
AggieSouth06 said:

jenn96 said:

Quote:

That's the damn truth. Every "Texan" portrayed in a movie sounds like a cross between a Georgian and Blake Shelton.
Al Bula
AG
Lol at EastSideAg2002
EastSideAg2002 said:

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.