Dat stuff dat trouble you about da movies

48,743 Views | 452 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Belton Ag
TMoney2007
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
rhoswen said:

You guys are gonna laugh, but...

88 miles a ****ing hour. That's not even that FAST.
Faster than the speedo on any new cars at that point...
Connd
This is a great thread
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
The Forrest Gump/Jenny is one of the all time classics. After that movie came out my circle of friends used the term "Jenny evil" when describing a chick who was a super biotch.

Here's one that always bothered me.....
In Armageddon an asteroid is hurtling towards earth and time is limited (understatement). So they decide to take a bunch of roughnecks and train them to be astronauts. Pretty sure it would have been a lot easier to teach astronauts how to drill than the other way around.
The Blue Goose
AG
rhoswen said:

If you start picking apart Back to the Future, we're going to be here allllllll day
DifferenceMaker Ag
The fact that Samuel Gerard didn't care if Richard Kimble was innocent of killing his wife or not really pissed me off. If he had been willing to sit down and talk with Dr. Kimble in the dam's overflow tunnel, then maybe he could have helped in the investigation and saved everyone a ton of trouble. Furthermore, in doing so, it is unlikely that Newman's hearing would be damaged for life.
Jack Bristow
AG
Gota De Limon said:

The Forrest Gump/Jenny is one of the all time classics. After that movie came out my circle of friends used the term "Jenny evil" when describing a chick who was a super biotch.

In Armageddon an asteroid is hurtling towards earth and time is limited (understatement). So they decide to take a bunch of roughnecks and train them to be astronauts. Pretty sure it would have been a lot easier to teach astronauts how to drill than the other way around.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I can't believe nobody has mentioned the eagles in Lord of the Rings yet. Why wouldn't they just fly the whole way there?
chipotle
But didn't they say in the movie that drilling was hard? It was in the movie so it must be true. Drilling is hard right?
chipotle
Champ Bailey said:

I can't believe nobody has mentioned the Eagles in Lord of the Rings yet.

Because it's been discussed before that the eagles were a bunch of diqs and Sauron was watching the skies.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Also, do Transformers have unlimited ammo?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
chipotle said:

Champ Bailey said:

I can't believe nobody has mentioned the Eagles in Lord of the Rings yet.

Because it's been discussed before that the eagles were a bunch of diqs and Sauron was watching the skies.

Ok then how about this one. Why would the ring wraiths start out on horses when they have these badass dragons the entire time?
Urban Ag
AG
Fury

Great movie until the final battle scene. Wehrmacht commander is willing to send wave after wave of his troops to die by the dozens over one disabled Sherman. Why not just go around and leave a few snipers behind to pick off the crew if they try to flee the tank? Honestly, who would sacrifice dozens of their soldiers, in the waning days of WWII, for a busted up tank? His own troops should have shot him.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Jack Bristow said:

Gota De Limon said:

I feel exceedingly doooshy for independently coming to a conclusion that Ben Affleck came too. I need a shower.
ArbAg
AG
Burdizzo said:

The Death Star in both movies was supposedly still under construction, but you never saw any construction barricades, construction workers, or construction debris.

Neatest contractors in the history of the universe.
Yeah and the Galactic EPA and OSH would be all over their *****
Urban Ag
AG
Not that I feel compelled to defend Armageddon but.......what does NASA actually train the drill team to do? They're basically passengers until it's time to drill the hole, then they do their thing. It's not like they taught them to pilot, repair, or troubleshoot the space shuttle.
Carlo4
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Cstrickland05 said:

If the aliens had never encountered water, how would they know it was bad for them? Same as the bacteria in War of the Worlds.
Why would you go through with a full scale invasion as an advanced species if you didn't know the environment beforehand?
You'd think one of those aliens would have accidentally touched water, got hurt, and said "EFF THIS WE ARE OUTTA HERE!"

But no.... they hung around for a week... somehow without getting rained on, or humidity, or anything else....

Carlo4
AG
JD05AG said:

If West Caanan won the district championship, why did they never play football again?

Because the scandal broke about abusing players/drugs and they had sanctions. I always took it at that...

hunter2012
AG
killing Rorschach is totally pointless in the grand scheme of things. He turned in his journal and the truth was going to be revealled anyway. Ozy and Dr. Manhattan can eat a big blue d*ck.
M.C. Swag
AG
1. Simba and Nala were at BEST half siblings. At worst....Arkansas would blush.

2. In order to fight trans-dimensional monsters of enormous size, the best solution humanity could come up with to combat them is giant robots piloted by 2 people of similar brainwaves? BUT THE MONSTER WORLD AT THE END WAS BLOWN UP BY A NUCLEAR EXPLOSION, WHY DO YOU NEED ROBOTS?!!

3. Only in a fictional world is Kristen Stewart more 'fair/beautiful' than Charlize Theron. I'm sorry but that mirror was trippin.
Morpholino
AG
Bruce Almighty
AG
Who dialed Cypher into the Matrix when he met with Agent Smith?

How does an overweight Happy Hogan fit into Stark's Iron Man suit?
FancyKetchup14
AG
Upham lying at the bottom of the stairs in Saving Private Ryan.
TXAG 05
AG
rhoswen said:

For the rolling turd that is a Delorean it is.

Like someone else said, BTTF is just a can of worms with this stuff.

Do Marty's parents wonder how their son looks just like that guy that helped them get together in high school, who also happened to be named Marty? Same for Biff, especially when Marty was trying to get the Almanac back from him at the dance and in the car afterwards.
bigcat22
AG
Indiana Jones and Crystal Skulls... the fact that it was ever made
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Coincidentally was talking with a friend aboutt this today --

Why is Neo able to stop the sentinels with his mind in the real world?
Presley OBannons Sword
chipotle said:

But didn't they say in the movie that drilling was hard? It was in the movie so it must be true. Drilling is hard right?

In my opinion the fact that they addressed this, however preposterously, makes it fair.
taxpreparer
AG
TMoney2007 said:

rhoswen said:

Faster than the speedo on any new cars at that point...

Cars in the sixties had speedometers that showed 120 mph. At least our 64 cuda and 68 Fury III did
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
Sapper Redux
Why didn't the Nazis kill that old dude in Raiders after he translated the talisman for them? He was the only one who could do it and they thought they had their answer. Why let anyone else have a shot?
M.C. Swag
AG
4. Complex quantum physics data can be transmitted via Morse code?!! (Interstellar)

5. Tom Hanks never opened the box. WHATS IN THE BOX?!! (Cast Away)

6. Does Superman need haircuts? If so, wouldn't you need kryptonite scissors? (Any super man movie)
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Dr. Watson said:

Why didn't the Nazis kill that old dude in Raiders after he translated the talisman for them? He was the only one who could do it and they thought they had their answer. Why let anyone else have a shot?
They never considered that anyone else would have the talisman since it burned in the fire.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
M.C. Swag said:

4. Complex quantum physics data can be transmitted via Morse code?!! (Interstellar)

5. Tom Hanks never opened the box. WHATS IN THE BOX?!! (Cast Away)

6. Does Superman need haircuts? If so, wouldn't you need kryptonite scissors? (Any super man movie)

Why does he stand with his hands on his hips as bullets bounce off his chest, yet when the bad guy runs out of ammo and throws the gun at Superman, he ducks?
Sapper Redux
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Dr. Watson said:

They never considered that anyone else would have the talisman since it burned in the fire.

They're Nazis. Why take the chance?
The Debt
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Coincidentally was talking with a friend aboutt this today --

Why is Neo able to stop the sentinels with his mind in the real world?

If they were willing to tell a great story, instead of having a third movie with too much fighting and cgi, you tell the story that "the real world" is another matrix.

The evidence exits in M1, morpheus "what is the matrix, neo? Control. Control to turn a human being into this *duracel*."

If they spent the third film with neo actually releasing people from the layers of the matrix it would have been a film of liberation that is extremely meta. But they didn't tell that story.
TresPuertas
AG
Frozen:

Parents find out that their daughters have what they consider a physical handicap and to deal with it they lock them away and isolate them for their entire childhoods.

Fast forward to when they grow up and one sister tries to reestablish a relationship with her older sister and the older sister subsequently decides that royalty isn't for her and runs away from a life of luxury and royalty, and her only remaining family.

Here's where I get pissed: little sister goes after big sister to convince her to return to her duty and big sister tries, numerous times mind you, to kill her.

Big decides, after the third try and most successful attempt, to murder her sister, that she wants the responsibility of ruling a kingdom and the people in the kingdom are cool with it and willing to overlook the numerous counts of attempted murder and curses of an eternal winter.

Elsa may be the second most selfish ***** in human history, behind Jenny from Forest Gump
docaggie
AG
Cromagnum said:

In 300, after one of the battles at the hot gates, where the hell did Leonidas find an apple to eat? Surely he had nowhere to stash it since their travel gear was spear, shield, boots, helm, and Speedos.
Spartans had incredible sphincter control.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.