Dat stuff dat trouble you about da movies

48,725 Views | 452 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Belton Ag
Malachi Constant
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TresPuertas said:

Frozen:

Parents find out that their daughters have what they consider a physical handicap and to deal with it they lock them away and isolate them for their entire childhoods.

Fast forward to when they grow up and one sister tries to reestablish a relationship with her older sister and the older sister subsequently decides that royalty isn't for her and runs away from a life of luxury and royalty, and her only remaining family.

Here's where I get pissed: little sister goes after big sister to convince her to return to her duty and big sister tries, numerous times mind you, to kill her.

Big decides, after the third try and most successful attempt, to murder her sister, that she wants the responsibility of ruling a kingdom and the people in the kingdom are cool with it and willing to overlook the numerous counts of attempted murder and curses of an eternal winter.

Elsa may be the second most selfish ***** in human history, behind Jenny from Forest Gump
Elsa was royally effed up by her parents. I can't even imagine the amount of social anxiety disorders that girl had since she'd been locked in a room for her entire childhood. So it's not surprising that she doesn't know how to handle any situation effectively.

I think the parents are the real villains in that whole thing. Poor Anna though, sweet girl trying to be nice to everyone and getting sheet on at every turn, but she still finds a way to forgive her sister's murder attempts.
NoahAg
Peewee's Big Adventure. Peewee has that elaborate contraption that makes his breakfast. He gets this HUGE breakfast made, and then leaves before eating anything.

Home Alone. Kevin sets out his traps for the Wet Bandits. Then makes his macaroni and cheese dinner, says a blessing, and the clock dings. He doesn't eat anything.

I'm hungry.
Flashdiaz
AG
Gremlins - gremlin gets thrown in the microwave and the guy turns it on... gremlin blows up in accordance with the microwave clock countdown.
DrEvazanPhD
Contact: Waited 2 hours to see the alien and it was her *******ed father.
an antelope ate it
Bruce Almighty said:

How did all the flyers for hookers get into the vault in Oceans 11?

Swat team brought them down with them, then they take the real money back out with them
Satellite of Love
PDEMDHC said:

Dark Knight Rises - the ENTIRE police department goes underground and is trapped by Bane. Cops are trapped for about 6 months underneath the city living in the sewers. They walk out clean shaven and in good health... HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE!?!?!

They were given supplies during the six months. Scissors and razors could have been provided.

Quote:

Shawshank - how does Andy attach the poster to the wall AFTER leaving...
Double sided tape. After all he was running a brand new library and tax services inside the prison. Plus he had access to the regular offices.
UnderoosAg
AG
Satellite of Love said:

PDEMDHC said:

Dark Knight Rises - the ENTIRE police department goes underground and is trapped by Bane. Cops are trapped for about 6 months underneath the city living in the sewers. They walk out clean shaven and in good health... HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE!?!?!

They were given supplies during the six months. Scissors and razors could have been provided.

Quote:

Double sided tape. After all he was running a brand new library and tax services inside the prison. Plus he had access to the regular offices.

One of the wardens scams was getting kick backs from Staples.

Did nobody notice the prison was dumping raw sewage into a creek?
Satellite of Love
Champ Bailey said:

I can't believe nobody has mentioned the eagles in Lord of the Rings yet. Why wouldn't they just fly the whole way there?
It is explained in the books pretty well. I thought the same until reading the source material.
The Debt
BQ78 said:

Every IED has a countdown timer, no self respecting terrorist would do that.
must....create.....tension
The Debt
Cstrickland05 said:

Unthought Known said:

rhoswen said:

You guys are gonna laugh, but...

88 miles a ****ing hour. That's not even that FAST.

It was 33 miles an hour over the speed limit in 1985.
I don't think anyone ever claimed that it was supposed to be really fast. It was just the speed that activated the time machine.

88 just happened to be the magic number to get the flux capacitor to activate. But you look at 88 sideways it's double infinity.
Satellite of Love
The Debt said:

Cstrickland05 said:

Unthought Known said:

rhoswen said:

You guys are gonna laugh, but...

88 miles a ****ing hour. That's not even that FAST.

It was 33 miles an hour over the speed limit in 1985.
I don't think anyone ever claimed that it was supposed to be really fast. It was just the speed that activated the time machine.

88 just happened to be the magic number to get the flux capacitor to activate. But you look at 88 sideways it's double infinity.
TXAG 05
AG
UnderoosAg said:

Satellite of Love said:

PDEMDHC said:

Quote:

Pollution didn't exist back then dude.
GrayMatter
AG
In any movie involving a chase, why do they continue to go in a straight line rather than turn left/right or make a u-turn?
Teacher_Ag
AG
Lost in Translation: I'm pretty sure that there are a lot of more interesting things in Tokyo you two could be doing than sitting around having multiple, pretty boring conversations. As a matter of fact, at any given moment during their boring conversations there are likely many things happening in Tokyo that this movie could have instead been about. A heist, a murder, a business deal, a relationship that is actually interesting, literally anything. Give us something.
Scott95
AG
NoahAg said:

Home Alone. Kevin sets out his traps for the Wet Bandits. Then makes his macaroni and cheese dinner, says a blessing, and the clock dings. He doesn't eat anything.

I'm hungry.
Similarly, going back to Signs: they make a last supper that was freaking awesome - spaghetti, french toast, mashed potatoes, chicken teriyaki, cheeseburgers with extra bacon - and they never ate it. Mel Gibson has a freak out, they all cry and hug, and then alien chatter shows up on the baby monitors so they haul ass down to the cellar. No way that took that elaborate dinner down there with them. Kills me every time.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Satellite of Love said:

Champ Bailey said:

I can't believe nobody has mentioned the eagles in Lord of the Rings yet. Why wouldn't they just fly the whole way there?
It is explained in the books pretty well. I thought the same until reading the source material.
I don't remember the Eagles very well in the books. Did they rescue them the same way as in the movie? It's been 15 years since I read them.

Regardless, you can't expect people to check source material when leaving a plot hole of that magnitude. You need to address it.
Martin Cash
AG
'Open Range' is my all time favorite movie, but Charley Waite fanning his revolver 9 times has always bugged me.
SJEAg
AG
willie wonka said:

In back to the future, how does Marty hit that mark at exactly the right time after his car stalls.

This...plus are we supposed to believe the lightning stuck at exactly 10:04pm and 0.0000 seconds?
M.C. Swag
AG
7. 2 kids under the age of 13 can single-handedly repair a 20 year old, rusted out, jeep with no replacement parts in 1 afternoon....oh and even if they could, how in the world is the fuel still good? or the battery still have a charge? (Jurassic World)

8. 4 Master Jedi couldn't take 1 Sith Lord? (SW: Ep. III)
MASAXET
AG
Count Counterpoint said:

israeliag said:

RPM said:

Basically any scifi movie with screens/monitors/interfaces based on current technology at time it was filmed.
FIFY.

Those are some of the dumbest UIs, and why on Earth must they have those ticking, whizzing, churning sounds?

I can't think of many but Mr. Robot (sure not a movie) might be the only one to get it right.
Are you talking about that noise -- I don't even know how to describe it -- that happens when text appears on a computer screen? I HATE that!

The sound that always bother me the most is the click clack every time a gun is raised, as if a round is being chambered but the gun only moves. Annoying and
The Blue Goose
AG
MASAXET said:

Count Counterpoint said:

israeliag said:

RPM said:

Basically any scifi movie with screens/monitors/interfaces based on current technology at time it was filmed.
FIFY.

Those are some of the dumbest UIs, and why on Earth must they have those ticking, whizzing, churning sounds?

I can't think of many but Mr. Robot (sure not a movie) might be the only one to get it right.
Are you talking about that noise -- I don't even know how to describe it -- that happens when text appears on a computer screen? I HATE that!

The sound that always bother me the most is the click clack every time a gun is raised, as if a round is being chambered but the gun only moves. Annoying and

Sound that bothers me is in sword fights.
In reality, it would be like a CLANK or THUD when a sword or axe hits someone, but in movies it's always SHIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNGGGGGGGG
512Ag
AG
Not a movie, but in Itchy and Scratchy episode 2F09, when Itchy plays Scratchy's skeleton like a xylophone, he strikes the same rib in succession, yet he produces two clearly different tones. I mean, what are we to believe, that this is a magic xylophone, or something? Boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder!

Sooper Jeenyus
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

UnderoosAg said:

Satellite of Love said:

PDEMDHC said:

Quote:

But you know what did exist? Our need to consume oxygen. No way in hell that **** pipe contained enough oxygen-rich air for him to respire all the way to that damn creek. He would have passed out within a few minutes and died a few minutes later. Always bothered me...
Flashdiaz
AG
M.C. Swag said:

He was a very powerful sith lord.

They underestimated him because he's old and they've probably never fought a sith lord before. Actually, have they fought any sith before? or even anyone with a lightsaber?

They were probably masters in the force and such (meditating, thinking, bullying non-force users). They probably weren't top notch fighters because all their fights have been easy up until then.
Flashdiaz
AG
any movie were people falling disregard the laws of physics when falling.

I can believe scenes like point break where brodie is sky diving laying flat using wind resistance to slow him down and Johnny Utah diving to get to him.

but many other movies (Spiderman with Toby, Batso man Forever) have two people falling vertically and one falls faster than the other.
Presley OBannons Sword
Flashdiaz said:

M.C. Swag said:

They underestimated him because he's old and they've probably never fought a sith lord before. Actually, have they fought any sith before? or even anyone with a lightsaber?

They were probably masters in the force and such (meditating, thinking, bullying non-force users). They probably weren't top notch fighters because all their fights have been easy up until then.

I've consulted the nerd council, and we'll allow it.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
AggieBaller98 said:

In any movie involving a chase, why do they continue to go in a straight line rather than turn left/right or make a u-turn?
Similarly, when two cars in a chase are side-by-side........why does no one ever think to brake? Seems an easy way to get away from whoever's chasing you.
chipotle
Presley OBannons Sword said:

Flashdiaz said:

M.C. Swag said:

I've consulted the nerd council, and we'll allow it.

Martin Cash
AG
Sooper Jeenyus said:

Cstrickland05 said:

UnderoosAg said:

Satellite of Love said:

PDEMDHC said:

Quote:

But you know what did exist? Our need to consume oxygen. No way in hell that **** pipe contained enough oxygen-rich air for him to respire all the way to that damn creek. He would have passed out within a few minutes and died a few minutes later. Always bothered me...
The thing that bothered me was the pressure when he busted the hole in the sewer pipe, but when he's crawling through it it's barely a trickle.
dcAg
Forest Gump:

Jenny always loved Forrest but thought that she wasn't good enough him because of the trauma she suffered as a young girl. She looked for "herself" in all of the wrong places until she finally got sick of her life and sick of herself. Even after she visited Forrest and then left him she knew that she had to figure life out by herself because if she would've stayed Forrest would've spoiled her and she would've never figured out was her life was all about. Once she had Little Forrest her life got on the rails and she figure it all out. And once she figure life out she realized that she needed to reach out to her one true love.

Greatest love story of all time.

Scott95
Flashdiaz
AG
dcAg said:

Forest Gump:

Jenny always loved Forrest but thought that she wasn't good enough him because of the trauma she suffered as a young girl. She looked for "herself" in all of the wrong places until she finally got sick of her life and sick of herself. Even after she visited Forrest and then left him she knew that she had to figure life out by herself because if she would've stayed Forrest would've spoiled her and she would've never figured out was her life was all about. Once she had Little Forrest her life got on the rails and she figure it all out. And once she figure life out she realized that she needed to reach out to her one true love.

91_Aggie
AG
The Blue Goose said:

MASAXET said:

Count Counterpoint said:

israeliag said:

RPM said:

FIFY.

Sound that bothers me is in sword fights.
In reality, it would be like a CLANK or THUD when a sword or axe hits someone, but in movies it's always SHIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNGGGGGGGG
Watch this youtube video about the sound swords make when taken out of a scabbard or being sheathed.

Know Your Enemy
AG
dcAg said:

Forest Gump:

Greatest movie love story is Ben & Sera in Leaving Las Vegas.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
The only problem I have with one of my all-time favorites, Die Hard, is when John McClain is evading terrorists by climbing into the elevator shaft. He has the machine gun propped against the opening and is hanging on by the strap, which of course is slipping holding this ~200 lb man. Right as he is about to get his hands on the opening across the shaft, the strap gives way and he plummets. ~200 lb just started falling, and this guy is able to grab hold of the lip of an opening a few feet down. No broken arms. No separate shoulders. No fingers ripped off. Then he just crawls into the shaft, flicks on his lighter, and says with dripping sarcasm, "Come out to the coast, have some laughs"

Yeah, right.

In reality that guy falls 30+ stories down and splats at the bottom, just like a grape. Then when Hans Gruber and Company blow the roof, they are able to simply disappear to a beach and earn 20% (or whatever the number was)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.