Dat stuff dat trouble you about da movies

48,372 Views | 452 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Belton Ag
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stupe said:

A common thing across all movies / tv shows is when someone walks into a bar and orders a drink.

Order liquor or a mixed drink: Order exactly what you want

Order a beer: "I'll have a beer" and get served without being asked what kind of beer you want.

I know it's advertising, but it still bugs me.

Check out the original repot man.
WestAustinAg
AG
Uncle Gunnysack said:

11 pages and not one person mentions the unbelievability of bud choosing sissy over pam? i am @disappoint
It's actually not that hard to understand:
Tube
Quote:

Here's one that always bothered me.....

In Armageddon an asteroid is hurtling towards earth and time is limited (understatement). So they decide to take a bunch of roughnecks and train them to be astronauts. Pretty sure it would have been a lot easier to teach astronauts how to drill than the other way around.
Also, they only have to drill down 800 feet to split an asteroid 'the size of Texas' into two identical pieces.
ac04
Teacher_Ag said:

Lost in Translation: I'm pretty sure that there are a lot of more interesting things in Tokyo you two could be doing than sitting around having multiple, pretty boring conversations. As a matter of fact, at any given moment during their boring conversations there are likely many things happening in Tokyo that this movie could have instead been about. A heist, a murder, a business deal, a relationship that is actually interesting, literally anything. Give us something.

yeah, they should have added some car chases and explosions as well.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Teacher_Ag said:

Lost in Translation: I'm pretty sure that there are a lot of more interesting things in Tokyo you two could be doing than sitting around having multiple, pretty boring conversations. As a matter of fact, at any given moment during their boring conversations there are likely many things happening in Tokyo that this movie could have instead been about. A heist, a murder, a business deal, a relationship that is actually interesting, literally anything. Give us something.

This is a troll, right?
fig96
AG
Unthought Known said:

Stupe said:

A common thing across all movies / tv shows is when someone walks into a bar and orders a drink.

Order liquor or a mixed drink: Order exactly what you want

Order a beer: "I'll have a beer" and get served without being asked what kind of beer you want.

I know it's advertising, but it still bugs me.

Check out the original repot man.

Sure you aren't thinking of Demolition Man?

Rudyjax
AG
They go to the store to get a drink. They buy a can that says drink. They go to get a beer. The can says beer.

So no, I am not thinking of demolition man.
AggieGunslinger
AG
In every car chase/race scene the heros car has one more gear that makes them go faster. Hey numb nuts if you had used that gear from the beginning you would have escaped or won the race easily. Also, screetching tires but no rubber left on the road.
Stupe
S
That happened on every "Dukes of Hazard" episode.
Bird Poo
AG
Watched Forest Gump on the 4th and thought of this thread.

Jenny was a POS, but her actions could be related to being abused as a child. I gave her a pass.

I also think that movie is more about miracles and than a love story.
Flashdiaz
AG
kayakag said:

Watched Forest Gump on the 4th and thought of this thread.

Jenny was a POS, but her actions could be related to being abused as a child. I gave her a pass.

I also think that movie is more about miracles and than a love story.
It's a miracle Forest and the little boy don't have aids due to that self serving pos jenny.
ChipFTAC01
AG
To be technically correct, I believe female to male and in uterine transfers of hiv are much less common.
chipotle
Why was Jester even allowed to go below the hard deck?
swimmerbabe11
Basically any time anyone gets knocked out in any movie/tv show and wakes up an hour or more later "What did I miss?!"

Well, man, you were in a coma, so we should probably have gotten you to a hospital.

Also, everyone in any action movie/tv show has super healing abilities. "I was totally just stabbed. a Lot. Let's go kick some ass!" or "I'm heavily injured, but not so injured that I can't have sex right now with my broken ribs and stab wounds/gun shot wounds"

swimmerbabe11
Do TV shows count?

Riker sitting down.
http://uproxx.com/gammasquad/riker-sits-down-like-a-crazy-person-star-treg-tng-supercut/

Noone listens to Worf and he is a punching bag
http://uproxx.com/gammasquad/star-trek-tng-worf-gets-denied-pwned/
chipotle
Riker was 6'-4". Aside from worf who hardly ever sat the rest of the cast was well under 6' so the set was created for the rest of the oompa loompas.

/snort
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Quote:

Also, everyone in any action movie/tv show has super healing abilities. "I was totally just stabbed. a Lot. Let's go kick some ass!" or "I'm heavily injured, but not so injured that I can't have sex right now with my broken ribs and stab wounds/gun shot wounds"
Brings to mind many, many movies, but this is the one that really made me laugh out loud - Starship Troopers. In the cave after the one pilot was "de-brained" by the brain bug, I believe it had jabbed Denise Richards through the shoulder, yet a couple of minutes later there she is picking up a machine gun and mowing down the bugs. Disregarding Denise Richards doing all of that (or being a nuclear physicist in a James Bond movie from the same era), the idea that someone with such a shoulder injury could ever squeeze off all those rounds or even pick up that weapon just makes me want to laugh. Plus the movie was mostly hot garbage.

Contrast that with Raiders of the Lost Ark, after the famous truck sequence when Indy and Marion are on the merchant ship, she tries to be playful with him and he tells her that he hurts pretty much everywhere, except of course on the elbow, the eyebrow and the lips - and then he falls asleep.
rhutton125
AG
queso1 said:

I've got another one. So, Crocodile Dundee was in the alley. He gets attacked by the three pimps. He reaches for his knife, but realizes he doesn't have it. Seriously, this was a family movie. What was he going to do with that knife if he had it? Was he going to kill those pimps?

POTY
Cromagnum
AG
Cromagnum
AG
Bruce Almighty
AG
That one time in the WWE where the wrestler got the **** kicked out of him for 15 minutes, repeatedly punched in the face and kicked in the gut by a roided out 300 pound freak and dropped on his head, only to act like nothing ever happened and magically win the match without even a scratch.
MooreTrucker
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

That one time in the WWE where the wrestler got the **** kicked out of him for 15 minutes, repeatedly punched in the face and kicked in the gut by a roided out 300 pound freak and dropped on his head, only to act like nothing ever happened and magically win the match without even a scratch.
"one time" = "pretty much every time"
SaltwaterAg17
AG
Mighty Ducks D2:

Besides the entire Jr. Goodwill Games, the way Bombay uses the duck call. Kills me every time.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
We will we will QUACK YOU!
UnderoosAg
AG
chipotle said:

Why was Jester even allowed to go below the hard deck?

He lost sight of Maverick and called no joy
Burdizzo
AG
When I called no joy I was usually dialing your mom.
Raptor
AG
Toy Story: When Buzz and Woody are on the bed, Woody calls him "Buzz Lightbeer" and then shoots a look over to the camera.

Pointless.
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

Carlo4
AG
bump for any 2018 movies
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Getting pregnant again in A Quiet Place.
Urban Ag
AG
Big

Could this movie even get made now?

Wife wanted to watch it as a family a week or two ago. I bailed when I remembered that Josh (12 year old turned older) has a sexual relationship with a late 20's Elizabeth Perkins. Wasn't up for watching that with 10 and 13 year old sons.

I know people love this movie but it always kind of made me queasy.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I kind of had the opposite thought while watching Altered Carbon.

If in adult sleeves into a child's body, what happens when they want to have sechs?

Things would be weird.
HtownAg92
AG
Rambo - while sitting in a helicopter blowing up water and mist over the already obscured windscreen, do you really need to close your eyes and play dead to fool the guy in the Hind 50 yards away, also blowing up water and mist. And would the RPG you got off through the window really instantly blow up the Hind?

How about the Atari-level weapons system displays of the F-16 in Iron Eagle?

Someone mentioned uneaten meals earlier. As a kid, my favorite food was fries. Always wanted fries. So the uneaten fries in Meatballs when Tripper goes to the bus station to stop Rudy from leaving always got me. Then a few years later, same with the "five orders of fries" that Tommy orders at the bowling alley in The Wild Life. Eat your dang fries.

Crocodile Dundee II - after Bob gets made taking pictures of Rico killing a dude, races back to the hotel, he somehow managed to put the film in a package for Sue. He packs in a panic, calls the DEA to get him out, then leaves a message for Sue about the package. Cartel guys are listening in the lobby. Now why didn't they just get the package? I'm sure there were not very many mailboxes between cartel HQ and tiny Columbian town, nor instant pickup. The dang package was probably right there in a drop box in the lobby.

My biggest one - Bull Durham. Crash gets ball from third after strikeout around the horn. New batter. Tells Nuke to hit the mascot. Nuke hits mascot - Ball 1. Crash and batter laugh, but Crash says not to dig in, he doesn't know where it is going. Batter bails out and misses pitch away, Strike 1. Crash throws to third for strikeout around the horn.

How does Jason Bourne manage to keep all of the cars, even a junker little French car or a taxi, running after getting absolutely smashed in wrecks, when even a fender-bender can disable a car if it punctures a fluid reservoir?
Presley OBannons Sword
Quote:

How about the Atari-level weapons system displays of the F-16 in Iron Eagle?
the F-16 has been around since the mid 70s. I don't know what the original display systems looked like, but it was probably pretty basic
Belton Ag
AG
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but every action movie sequence that includes a fight scene on the back of a pickup/18 wheeler moving down the highway the vehicles never stop. The drivers keep on going, oblivious to the raging battle going on in the trailer of the rig they're driving.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.