Dat stuff dat trouble you about da movies

48,727 Views | 452 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Belton Ag
TDAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PDEMDHC said:

Shawshank - how does Andy attach the poster to the wall AFTER leaving...

Damn you. This will HAUNT me.
MSFC Aggie
AG
Quote:

I've never considered this...
gigemJTH12
AG
PDEMDHC said:

poster paper is heavy enough to hang by itself if only attached at the top
Carlo4
AG

Quote:

That's the only way I thought, but the way the warden rips it implies all four corners are attached.... tape?
rhoswen
AG
TDAggie said:

When Wyatt was mourning Morgan's death on the main street of Tombstone, he was standing in the middle of a torrential downpour. Problem being, the rain was only falling on Wyatt's head. No rain hitting the street in the background.

I've never noticed this, I need to watch it again!
rhoswen
AG
You guys are gonna laugh, but...

88 miles a ****ing hour. That's not even that FAST.
gigemJTH12
AG
PDEMDHC said:

Quote:

That's the only way I thought, but the way the warden rips it implies all four corners are attached.... tape?
hm...
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Azariah said:

The Force doesn't allow you to lift yourself.
Proof?

The fact that you don't see it is not evidence that it doesn't happen.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Azariah said:

YokelRidesAgain said:

Postulate 1: The Force allows one to manipulate gravity (witness Yoda lifting that giant ship up out of the swamp)

Postulate 2: Emperor Palpatine is a unquestioned master of the Force.

Thus, when Vader hurls him over the ledge, he should be able to use his Force powers to levitate himself and then proceed to cook both to death Skywalkers with Force lightning.

The trilogy then ends with the Emperor sitting in a chair watching his fleet crush the rebellion and muttering to himself about having to find a new apprentice. That would have made a much better setup for episodes 7-9.
The Force doesn't allow you to lift yourself. You could also make the argument that the Emperor's brain was short-circuited by the force lightning, and he was incapacitated when he fell.

Sure it does. Even the most basic Jedi can jump like 40 feet straight in the air.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
I always surmised that the force allowed you to push or pull against things, i.e push against the ground or a building, or pull and levitate the X-wing.. you aren't manipulating gravity.
fig96
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Azariah said:

YokelRidesAgain said:

Postulate 1: The Force allows one to manipulate gravity (witness Yoda lifting that giant ship up out of the swamp)

Postulate 2: Emperor Palpatine is a unquestioned master of the Force.

Thus, when Vader hurls him over the ledge, he should be able to use his Force powers to levitate himself and then proceed to cook both to death Skywalkers with Force lightning.

The trilogy then ends with the Emperor sitting in a chair watching his fleet crush the rebellion and muttering to himself about having to find a new apprentice. That would have made a much better setup for episodes 7-9.
The Force doesn't allow you to lift yourself. You could also make the argument that the Emperor's brain was short-circuited by the force lightning, and he was incapacitated when he fell.
Sure it does. Even the most basic Jedi can jump like 40 feet straight in the air.
This would more accurately fall under the uneven application of force powers throughout the entire course of Star Wars films, which is my personal SW issue.

But you are correct:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_jump

The Debt
But how many Jedi fly?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Yeah, I mean if you look at yoda in Episode 2 and 3, he probably has to use the force constantly to lighten his limbs to fight, since he is restricted to a cane normally.

I think the issue is that it's almost impossible to hold the concentration needed to keep yourself in midair in order to make it practical in a fight. Much more practical to have short bursts of concentration to strengthen your limbs to make you jump higher, run faster, etc.
chipotle
If the ability to destroy a planet is insignificant to the power of the force then I would think flying is doable.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Brennus said:

I always surmised that the force allowed you to push or pull against things, i.e push against the ground or a building, or pull and levitate the X-wing.. you aren't manipulating gravity.

There's no physical connection between Yoda and the ship on Dagobah. He's definitely manipulating gravity.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
The Debt said:

But how many Jedi fly?

Most wizards cannot fly without brooms, but Lord Voldemort can. And Palpatine can definitely kick Tom Riddle's candy ass, so it stands to reason that he can fly, too.
75AG
AG
In the history of TexAgs, this could be one of the great threads. Thank you!
Flashdiaz
AG
as far as we know, best they can do if there's 2 of them is one force jumps and the other force pushes as well to get that jedi to cover a big distance.

that being said, they can levitate rocks, xwings, and other things... why not themselves or at least their clothes .
Jack Bristow
AG
YokelRidesAgain said:

The Debt said:

But how many Jedi fly?

Most wizards cannot fly without brooms, but Lord Voldemort can. And Palpatine can definitely kick Tom Riddle's candy ass, so it stands to reason that he can fly, too.
Why did Voldemort's plans to kill/kidnap/etc Harry always seem to fully materialize at the end of the school year ....
Death Eater: Let's kill Harry in November
Lord Voldemort: Harry has a rough year academically this term, let's wait until school is almost out as to not deprive him of his studies....
The Debt
When Harry finds out his mother cast a spell to repel Voldermorts kill spell, they missed an opportunity to freeze frame and play The Power of Love.
91_Aggie
AG
You guys bringing up Terminator and forgetting the two big ones.

1) The only reasone Cyberdyne and ultimately skynet is created is because the Terminator goes back in time and leaves his hand and chip for scientists to copy create the technology that led to the Terminators.

2) The only reason John Connor is conceived is because a guy from the future goes back to protect John Connor's mom from the Terminator, but ends up having sex with Sarah Connor and producing John Connor.

There's almost always some time-travel paradoxes with time travel movies, but these two paradoxes are completely indefensible to explain.
Human
AG
When the passenger fell on the propeller of the sinking Titanic. Why did he have to fall on the damn propellar?

Just kidding: THAT WAS AWESOME!!

chimpanzee
I'm convinced that the original Fast and Furious was an elaborate troll job on car enthusiasts.
The Debt
It's not a paradox. Watch Predestination
Cromagnum
AG
In 300, after one of the battles at the hot gates, where the hell did Leonidas find an apple to eat? Surely he had nowhere to stash it since their travel gear was spear, shield, boots, helm, and Speedos.
Cromagnum
AG
In The Hunger Games, your name goes in the tribute jar every time you go for food. Why didn't the entire population game the system so that everyone's name goes in the same amount of times, thus keeping everyone well fed, but keeping the probability of being picked the same?
Al Bula
AG
I love The Fifth Element but lots of things bother me about that movie:

Why does Father Vito Cornelius have a seat on the President's council?
How could Cornelius not recognize Zorg when Zorg first sought him out for knowledge of the stones?
Cromagnum
AG
Just exactly what time after midnight is it okay to feed a Mogwi without consequences? It's not like they run on photosynthesis.
ought1ag
AG
The Debt said:

Tommy Boy ...they are selling state of the art brakepads. While driving it takes them 70 yards of braking to hit the deer. I guess they don't use Callahan
you win
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Cromagnum said:

Just exactly what time after midnight is it okay to feed a Mogwi without consequences? It's not like they run on photosynthesis.

Bruce Almighty
AG
I can run a quarter mile faster than it takes for a bunch of pimped out street cars in fast and furious.
The Debt
Bruce Almighty said:

I can run a quarter mile faster than it takes for a bunch of pimped out street cars in fast and furious.

I want a 10 sec car, not a 10 min car
TXAG 05
AG
If the aliens had never encountered water, how would they know it was bad for them? Same as the bacteria in War of the Worlds.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

If the aliens had never encountered water, how would they know it was bad for them? Same as the bacteria in War of the Worlds.
Why would you go through with a full scale invasion as an advanced species if you didn't know the environment beforehand?
JD05AG
AG
If West Caanan won the district championship, why did they never play football again?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.