*** JUSTICE LEAGUE ***

111,060 Views | 1009 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Brick Tamland
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
(Seriously, though, I'll likely see it opening weekend as well, if only to witness the likely train wreck first hand.)
JuliusCaesarAggie
Just came to make my monthly post that Warner Brothers sucks ass
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
A friend is visting NYC that weekend, and he is a huge comic book geek. So, naturally, he wanted to watch the movie and I told him I'd get us tickets for that Saturday in the best IMAX theater in the city.

I probably wouldn't have risked paying $55 for IMAX tickets if he wasn't coming, but, should still be a good time. I've enjoyed the DCEU thus far, including BvS.
TajMaballer
AG
When does the review embargo lift? I see reddit posts and youtube videos saying the day before it comes out, but not anything substantial. I know John Campea put out a video today that said the day before, but wanted to see if there were any other sources.
rhutton125
AG
Lol'd while in the bathroom stall
jackie childs
TCTTS said:

Just saw a commercial for JL and there was a brief exchange between Bruce and The Flash that reminded me of the first time we ever saw that footage... 15 MONTHS AGO. At Comic-Con 2016. I still can't get over the fact that this movie has been advertised for that long. It's insane. It simultaneously feels like it came out months ago yet doesn't release for months to come. After this, at least we don't have to endure another DC movie for another 13 months, with Aquaman not hitting until December 2018.
this...it has just been this slow, plodding beat down of marketing and it's frustrating to know it will most likely end in disappointment.

I feel like this guy:

Flashdiaz
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

A friend is visting NYC that weekend, and he is a huge comic book geek. So, naturally, he wanted to watch the movie and I told him I'd get us tickets for that Saturday in the best IMAX theater in the city.

I probably wouldn't have risked paying $55 for IMAX tickets if he wasn't coming, but, should still be a good time. I've enjoyed the DCEU thus far, including BvS.
TCTTS
AG
That is the absolute PERFECT gif for this movie. Well done.
TCTTS
AG
MooreTrucker
AG
That looks more like a paint-by-number **** poster....
Kate Beckett
AG
I was gonna see this because of Wonder Woman (damn I enjoyed that movie...), but y'all are making me nervous
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Kate Beckett said:

I was gonna see this because of Wonder Woman (damn I enjoyed that movie...), but y'all are making me nervous
Don't let anyone here make you nervous. Go see it.
MooreTrucker
AG
I'm definitely going to see it, and I'm looking forward to it!
GiveEmHellBill
AG
This movie needs to be seen. And on the big screen. It's the Justice League, for God's sake.

When I was a kid growing up reading comics in the '80s, I never could have imagined this world we live in now. I never could have imagined that we would see the Avengers assembled on the big screen. And while we had already seen Superman and Batman, I never thought we'd see Wonder Woman, the Flash and Aquaman teaming up with them for a Justice League movie. This is truly a wondrous time for comic book fans.

Sure, this movie most likely will suck. But it still deserves (maybe even demands) at least one viewing by the comic faithful. C'mon, we all saw Batman v. Superman, right? And the writing was on the wall with that movie as well.

If it truly is an abortion, I'll just go see Thor: Ragnarok for a second time. Twelve-year old me would have had a grin from ear-to-ear if you'd told him that he'd one day he'd see a movie called "Thor: Ragnarok" with Thor and the Hulk in it.
MooreTrucker
AG
Exactly!! This is a movie I've been waiting for since they started making comic book superhero movies. As Bill said, it may suck, but I have lower standards than most, I guess. I'm going to go see it and love that I finally get to see my favorite comic books come to life!!
FL_Ag1998
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

This movie needs to be seen....

Sure, this movie most likely will suck. But it still deserves (maybe even demands) at least one viewing....

Kate Beckett
AG
Oh I will go see it. That's not the issue. It's just the do I want to pay for IMAX or XD or just see it as a plain ol movie (I don't do 3D because it gives me god awful headaches).
GiveEmHellBill
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

Sure, this movie most likely will suck. But it still deserves (maybe even demands) at least one viewing....

I notice you left off the words "by the comic faithful."

Interesting.
TCTTS
AG
GiveEmHellBill
AG
TCTTS said:

Honestly? That was pretty good. Hopefully the rest of the score is just as good.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, it's not bad at all.
FL_Ag1998
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

Interesting.

True, because it doesn't matter. Whether by a faithful audience or a common movie goer, a movie that sucks doesn't deserve much less demand to be seen, lol.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

Interesting.

True, because it doesn't matter. Whether by a faithful audience or a common movie goer, a movie that sucks doesn't deserve much less demand to be seen, lol.
Maybe not to you. However, I usually watch a movie so that I can make up my own mind. And I'm not missing a f-ing Justice League movie in the theater just because other fanboys say it sucks.

But that's just me.
Blanco Jimenez
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

Interesting.

Maybe not to you. However, I usually watch a movie so that I can make up my own mind. And I'm not missing a f-ing Justice League movie in the theater just because other fanboys say it sucks.

But that's just me.
Exactly! My butt will be in a seat opening night because it's the Justice League and I'll make up my own mind.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, I always love the "I can think for myself!" responses to movie reactions. No one is telling you not to. Reactions and reviews are meant to be nothing more than potentially helpful guideposts, not a challenge to your ability to think and act for yourself.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
And yet you're already making fun of me for buying tickets, when there aren't even reviews yet.

But I get it. It's cool to hate on DC just like it's cool to hate the SW prequels and Avatar.

I won't apologize for what I like.
TCTTS
AG
That was clearly a joke. And immediately followed up by saying I'll be there opening weekend as well.

And I don't "hate" DC because it's cool. I want nothing more than for these movies to be good. But the sad fact is that they simply aren't.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I get it, and I'm not upset about it. But just like you say you love the "I can think for myself" crowd, I get a similar kick out the people who think everyone has to hate what they hate.
rhutton125
AG
I get the internal struggle of a fan. Growing up, nothing was bigger than Ninja Turtles and Transformers. But I haven't seen any of either franchise in years because they've looked so bad. It hurts me to think of the potential of a high quality Transformers film, but... alas.

Thankfully, I didn't really grow up with the Justice League at all. Just Batman animated. So I'm still kind of waiting for them to earn my confidence.

I guess X-Men may be my comic book equivalent. I was pretty torn about having no hype for a movie with my favorite villain (Apocalypse) and two favorite mutants (Archangel and Nightcrawler). I saw it, but I didn't enjoy it - and they better right the ship before I see Dark Phoenix or whatever it ends up being called.
FL_Ag1998
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

Interesting.

But that's just me.

Listen, I'm not going to blame you honestly, I grew up loving comic books and superheroes, and I love seeing it come to life on the screen. So I get your excitement. But me not seeing this movie in the theaters wont be because "its cool to hate DC" or because of fanboys giving it bad reviews. It'll be because DC has put out one, ONE, decent movie in this franchise and one OK movie...Wonder Woman and MoS.....while the other two were just plain horrible, in my opinion. So, in my opinion its not worth seeing these in the theater until they have a better track record. And your reasoning that these movies MUST be seen in the theaters whether they suck or not is the exact reason why WB/DC's track record is unlikely to change.

But seriously, I do hope this movie is good, and I hope you have a good time seeing it on opening night.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Quote:

But the sad fact is that they simply aren't.
No, the sad opinion is that they simply aren't.
TCTTS
AG
Your favorite movie? That's an opinion. The funniest movie you've ever seen? Again, an opinion. But the quality of a movie? That can be a far more objective metric. Enjoying something like Batman v Superman is one thing. You can like something that's bad all day long. But a movie's quality - its story telling choices, plot mechanics, dialogue, production quality, etc. - those are things that can often be measured as executed correctly or not. Despite all the art and passion and subjectivity that may or may not go into a movie, it's still an equation at its core. The stakes, goals, character arcs, act turns, pay offs, etc are each nothing more than variables in that equation. And while there may be a variety of right answers for each, there can certainly be objectively wrong answers for each as well. To essentially say it's all in the eye of the beholder is nonsense. Your enjoyment or lack there of is what's yours. But there are certain identifiable mechanics that belong to a more factual standard of quality.
Simplebay
AG
bought tickets for the opening night showing. the theater was half sold out. IMAX.

this is gonna suck
vwbug
This Move = Too Much CGI

Make it stop - bring back the old superman. This movie looks like star wars prequels to me, everything too clean
gravy97
AG
Quote:

You can like something that's bad all day long
I think comments like this are what get under mine, and others skin... you are telling us we are idiots for liking something that you deem 'bad'. But if I enjoy it... doesn't that make it good by my standard? Why does my movie going experience have to line up with your standard of what makes a good movie? I go to movies to have fun, check reality at the door, and be entertained. If I leave having had a good time with my son, then I think its a good movie. To later read about how wrong I was to enjoy the movie b/c the plot was bad, the dialog was all wrong, they should have done this or that, the music was horrible... blah blah blah... I may simply leave happy b/c i had a few laughs, saw a few good fights, saw some hero's come to life.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.