*** JUSTICE LEAGUE ***

110,523 Views | 1009 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Brick Tamland
dvldog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You should watch WW. Not trying to change your mind about the DCEU...it's just a damn good movie on it's own
FL_Ag1998
AG
Wonder Woman was decent, definitely above average. But the reason everybody raves about it comes boils to two things:
1) The lead actress is extremely attractive and has lots of charisma.
2) The mediocrity of Man of Steel and Batman versus Superman and the absolute hot garbage that was Suicide Squad make it appear even better than it actually is by comparison.
shaynew1
AG
I've got crapped on pretty hard by people for mentioning number 1 above
AgMarauder04
AG
shaynew1 said:

I've got crapped on pretty hard by people for mentioning number 1 above
You're not wrong. The reason WW was so good was her and the chemistry she had with Chris Pine.

I enjoyed the movie, but I don't consider it a cinematic masterpiece.
Cromagnum
AG
Going to go with alcohol on board. I should have done the same for Thor... I went in with low expectations and it was even worse than I had prepared myself for. Justice League I have absolutely zero hope for.
TCTTS
AG
Gotta say, this is a pretty amazing, 17-minute, "Road to Justice League" recap trailer. I kind of know the guy who made it - Anton - through my old site, The Projection List, and he just released this only a few minutes ago. He's been hyping it via Twitter for a couple weeks now and I honestly wasn't expecting something this well done and refined. Granted, it's hard to imagine devoting this much time and energy to honoring such a mediocre franchise, but it definitely does the trick of making me at least mildly more excited for Justice League come next weekend...

SeattleAgJr
Never understood why EVER SINGLE Batman movie has to bring up his parents.

Yes, that was a pivotal moment in his upbringing and leading him to becoming Batman, but my god, it is barely mentioned in the comics anymore.

3 iterations of the Batman movie franchise. We know. We get it.

Move.the ****. on.

But good video. Still not interested in JL.
Also, they should have left Cyborg out of this movie and gone with Green Lantern or Green Arrow.
Or just went with the Big 5.
SeattleAgJr
dvldog said:

You should watch WW. Not trying to change your mind about the DCEU...it's just a damn good movie on it's own
Like I said, I am not completely biased against the movies, other than being completely underwhelmed to date.

I will see this one eventually, likely at some point during the holidays.

DC has been is hitting home run after home run with stories in their comics the last two years. It is a shame the movies have been so craptacular.
MooreTrucker
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

Also, they should have left Cyborg out of this movie and gone with Green Lantern or Green Arrow.
This. We've met both Lantern (in the crappy movie) and Arrow (on TV). I never heard of Cyborg before this.
M.C. Swag
AG
MooreTrucker said:

SeattleAgJr said:

This. We've met both Lantern (in the crappy movie) and Arrow (on TV). I never heard of Cyborg before this.
Screw them both. Green Lantern has had his shots. I wish they would have put in Martian Manhunter.

EDIT: For the TexAgs stickler, MooreTrucker.
YouBet
AG
Cyborg was a political decision. No other way to explain it.

Martian Manhunter would have been awesome.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
IMO, WW was good as an introduction to the character, but nothing special. I think Man of Steel is a much better movie.
MooreTrucker
AG
M.C. Swag said:

MooreTrucker said:

SeattleAgJr said:

Screw them both. Green Lantern has had his shots. I wish they would have put in Martian Manhunter.
Shots? As in more than one? What did I miss?
M.C. Swag
AG
lol You got me. He's had his 'SHOT.' Apologies for the fake news.
MooreTrucker
AG
M.C. Swag said:

lol You got me. He's had his 'SHOT.' Apologies for the fake news.
Deadpool got a second shot....
M.C. Swag
AG
....ok
MooreTrucker
AG
Lantern should too.

Better than Cyborg.
Sex Panther
AG
I would guess they went with Cyborg for two reasons. The main one, he's black. And the second one, because he's pretty well known with the younger fans from the two Teen Titans cartoons. I know Teen Titans Go is really popular and he's a big part of that.
rhutton125
AG
^^ this. I hate to be crude and I certainly wouldn't say he's JUST a diversity pick or something like that, but from what I know about the Justice League, it's light on gender and racial diversity. No wonder they want to do more films with Harley Quinn or Bat Girl - the DC roster is a little thin after Wonder Woman.

I could be wrong. But it makes sense to go diverse where you can, for many reasons.

I don't have a problem with Cyborg, he just seems really uninteresting from previews in regards to personality or visuals.
AliasMan02
AG
Cyborg is a core member of the Justice League in its most recent forms, both on television and in the comics. Whether the reasons for his inclusion in other mediums is good or not (diversity, and the usefulness of a tech-based hero for the modern world), his inclusion in the movie is appropriate. In fact, excluding him would have been weird, especially given the arc they're using.

Only issue with Cyborg is that he looks so terrible, like he was rendered for a cut scene in a 90s sci-fi adventure game on CD ROM.
AgMarauder04
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Cyborg is a core member of the Justice League in its most recent forms, both on television and in the comics. Whether the reasons for his inclusion in other mediums is good or not (diversity, and the usefulness of a tech-based hero for the modern world), his inclusion in the movie is appropriate. In fact, excluding him would have been weird, especially given the arc they're using.

Only issue with Cyborg is that he looks so terrible, like he was rendered for a cut scene in a 90s sci-fi adventure game on CD ROM.

In the most recent iteration of the New 52.... Aquaman actually came later. Green Lantern was and original.
YouBet
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Valid point but I could argue the Wonder Twins are more relevant than cyborg for my generation (Gen X). But I also realize we don't matter.
AliasMan02
AG
Wonder Twins have almost no comics history at all. They're strictly Super Friends material, followed by a short lived and failed cross into comic books. I don't think they were ever actually in the Justice League title series.
Cliff Booth
AG
Another Gen X'er here. Not a fan from the comics, more from the 70's cartoons.

Of course it was a diversity pick. Never heard of Cyborg. Apache Chief I remember, and I actually liked. I can see how Chief May have been impractical, but Marvel handled Ant-Man's ability to grow in Civil War pretty well.

I can also see how Cyborg's inclusion is also driven by the Teen Titans series.
Flashdiaz
AG
would have been more entertaining JL if Cyborg was more like his Teen Titans version. But i'm going to guess we get a serious and broody hero just ike Batman and Superman.
Sapper Redux
AliasMan02 said:

Wonder Twins have almost no comics history at all. They're strictly Super Friends material, followed by a short lived and failed cross into comic books. I don't think they were ever actually in the Justice League title series.

Are you suggesting Gleek isn't a critical part of the DC Universe? For shame!
FL_Ag1998
AG
I'm not even a defender of this current Justice League Universe because I think they've mishandled it tremendously, but all of these statements of fact that "of course" the inclusion of cyborg in this new film is solely about diversity are a little bit of an overreaction and simplification.

It's 2017. They're not going to make a Justice League movie based off of a cartoon from the 70s that you grew up with. They're going to make a Justice League movie based off of the current status of their universe, and for years (in the comics and on TV) Cyborg has been a prominent member of their lineup ( as part of the Teen Titans and the Justice League). My son knows and loves Cyborg because of what he's seen on Teen Titans and in the comics. Hence his excitement in seeing cyborg in the movie trailer, and the reason why Cyborg was thrown into this movie.
Quad Dog
AG
Quote:

Cyborg was thrown into this movie
Isn't literally every other character except the big three (Batman, Wonder Woman, Super Man) thrown into this movie? And those three were thrown into BvS.
YouBet
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

I'm not even a defender of this current Justice League Universe because I think they've mishandled it tremendously, but all of these statements of fact that "of course" the inclusion of cyborg in this new film is solely about diversity are a little bit of an overreaction and simplification.

It's 2017. They're not going to make a Justice League movie based off of a cartoon from the 70s that you grew up with. They're going to make a Justice League movie based off of the current status of their universe, and for years (in the comics and on TV) Cyborg has been a prominent member of their lineup ( as part of the Teen Titans and the Justice League). My son knows and loves Cyborg because of what he's seen on Teen Titans and in the comics. Hence his excitement in seeing cyborg in the movie trailer, and the reason why Cyborg was thrown into this movie.

Can't argue against this. Makes sense. He just doesn't captivate me.
YouBet
AG
Dr. Watson said:

AliasMan02 said:

Are you suggesting Gleek isn't a critical part of the DC Universe? For shame!

Would be awesome if we had some Wonder Twins Easter eggs. Gleek. Lol.
FTACO97
AG
I'll echo some of the others that it's laughable to suggest that Cyborg is a diversity pick or just thrown in.

Since the 2011 DC relaunch with New 52, Cyborg has been a major member of the JL. The only member missing in the film from New 52 is Green Lantern (Hal Jordan).

Then with the 2016 Rebirth, Cyborg is still an essential member of the JL and Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) has been replaced with 2 other green lanterns.

So for at least the past 6 years and likely further back than that, Cyborg is a major member of the Justice League.
FTACO97
AG
Also to mention that since the DC Justice League film universe looks to already be headed toward Darkseid and will likely take the motherbox direction with Cyborg, you're going to find that the guy is vital to the team for several reasons, including transportation.
TCTTS
AG
Wow, I've never heard of this happening before, and it's obviously not a good sign for the movie itself. While not confirmed, WB must have worked out some kind of deal with RT. Possibly even a payment of sorts. Regardless, I could see this becoming a thing studios do now for crap movies...

M.C. Swag
AG
It's going to be dreadful lol
AgMarauder04
AG
M.C. Swag said:

It's going to be dreadful lol

Can't wait.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.