*** JUSTICE LEAGUE ***

111,459 Views | 1009 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Brick Tamland
schmendeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Was just talking with a buddy of mine, and we both agree how glad we are that WB is learning from their mistakes and not giving away the whole damn movie in the trailers.

Can you imagine the scene in BvS where Wonder Woman is reveleaed for the first time, in costume, shield up, going up against Doomsday, WITHOUT having seen it in the trailer?

Would've been an epic moment. It was still awesome, but it could've been that much more awesome.
that's why I never watch anything other than the very first trailer. it's not foolproof but I had no idea wonder woman was going to be in it.
Sex Panther
AG
Cyborg is going to be the heart of the story because he's an outlier compared to the rest of the league.

He's a tragic character standing next to 5 individuals who have awesome, amazing powers that make their lives better in every way. Cyborg is a monster basically who can't go out in public, doesn't eat food, and doesn't have a dick anymore.

It's going to be him struggling with this realization trying to come to terms with what he is. Which won't be easy being around the others who have it made.

Anybody would want to be The Flash, or Batman or even Aquaman... nobody would want Cyborg's situation.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Except Bruce. He is just a rich dude.
fig96
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Was just talking with a buddy of mine, and we both agree how glad we are that WB is learning from their mistakes and not giving away the whole damn movie in the trailers.

Can you imagine the scene in BvS where Wonder Woman is revealed for the first time, in costume, shield up, going up against Doomsday, WITHOUT having seen it in the trailer?

Would've been an epic moment. It was still awesome, but it could've been that much more awesome.

*Ahem...*

fig96 said:

If even just WW's initial reveal, when she "saves" Batman, had been kept out of the trailers, TOTALLY different impact when she appears on screen. And then opening weekend buzz would've been "WW shows up and it's awesome!"
https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/2735290/replies/45924924
israeliag
AG
Cyborg, along with Flash, are really the only windows from which the audience would be able to connect to a League of super humans + the most badass person ever, having been unwilling more-or-less regular people. Avengers 2 took this route with the Hawkeye perspective to to the film. Conceptually I actually really like the idea, just not expecting it to be executed well.
YouBet
AG
If Cyborg is the central point of the movie then it will fail. He's ultra serious with zero sense of humor the few times I've run across him. Basically just a downer with smarts. So, I guess he's perfect for Zach Snyder's world.

Why not Martian Manhunter if we are going to use secondary characters? How cool would he be?
fig96
AG
rhutton125 said:

I think it's because his dad will probably be killed or something. Speculation, but it would help serve as the emotional motivation for the team, in a way.
Well he deserves it after creating Skynet.
SeattleAgJr
YouBet said:

If Cyborg is the central point of the movie then it will fail. He's ultra serious with zero sense of humor the few times I've run across him. Basically just a downer with smarts. So, I guess he's perfect for Zach Snyder's world.

Why not Martian Manhunter if we are going to use secondary characters? How cool would he be?
Because he is too busy on Supergirl....

Where they actually nailed the look of the character, his back story, his motivations, and have a great actor playing him.
TCTTS
AG
How does this post not have all the stars?
Weimerica
Sex Panther said:

Cyborg is going to be the heart of the story because he's an outlier compared to the rest of the league.

He's a tragic character standing next to 5 individuals who have awesome, amazing powers that make their lives better in every way. Cyborg is a monster basically who can't go out in public, doesn't eat food, and doesn't have a dick anymore.

It's going to be him struggling with this realization trying to come to terms with what he is. Which won't be easy being around the others who have it made.

Anybody would want to be The Flash, or Batman or even Aquaman... nobody would want Cyborg's situation.
Eh to be fair. His body is literally merged with a Mother Box, which is a sentient computer with reality warping capabilities. If he wanted he could eat, have sex, etc. It's highly likely that a Mother Box could make him look completely human.

Quote:

Mother Boxes can access the energy of the Source for various effects; they can change the gravitational constant of an area, transfer energy from one place to another, sense danger, sense life, create force fields, rearrange molecular structure of matter, absorb or project powerful shock blasts, create electro-webs, control the mental state of a host, communicate telepathically with a host or other life form, manipulate the life-force of a host to sustain it past fatal injuries, open and close boom tubes,[1] take over and control non-sentient machines, evolve non-sentient machines, merge sentient beings into a single more powerful being, sustain a life form in a hostile environment such as space, and do many other things. Mother Boxes have an affinity for the Source and are believed to draw their power from it. In that sense, they can be seen as a computer that links man to God.

It's an immensely powerful piece of technology that has a direct connection to the Source (aka literally God's power). Cyborg only looks like a Cyborg because it's interpreting his preconceived notions about what he should look like and then making it a reality. If Cyborg really understood what a Mother Box was capable of doing, then he wouldn't look like he does.

Cyborg is a tragic character yes, but his power level is absolutely on par with the rest of them.
Deputy Travis Junior
GiveEmHellBill said:

"I'm rich" is, hands down, the best line the DCU has ever had. Bravo, Affleck.
Even there, Marvel has 'em beat.

I do hope it's good, but the trailer did not in any way demonstrate that they've learned what screwed up their past movies, and fixed it in this one.
JuliusCaesarAggie
TPS_Report
AG
If the trailer is any indication, this movie is going to suck balls.
TCTTS
AG
AgMarauder04
AG
We're gonna supes for like 30 seconds a la Luke in TFA, huh?
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I still keep reading that as "UNTIE THE LEAGUE"
Bruce Almighty
AG
That side profile of batman is awful.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

To be fair, that is offset by the side profile of Wonder Woman.
Andyzipp
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Not as bad as Flash's bicycle helmet mask.
MooreTrucker
AG
Andyzipp said:

Bruce Almighty said:

Not as bad as Flash's bicycle helmet mask.
It's all aerodynamic and stuff.
AgMarauder04
AG
And the rest of his patchwork costume?
Noblemen06
AG
Those are strakes, man. Totally aerodynamic.
MooreTrucker
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

And the rest of his patchwork costume?
I dunno. I usually only focus on WW in those pics.
jackie childs
TCTTS said:

gotta hand it to DC though...they are incredibly consistent in their underwhelming marketing efforts
FL_Ag1998
AG
I pose this simple question.....how the hell am I supposed to give a damn about a group of people "uniting" when I've only seen the majority of them for approximately 2 minutes of screentime?
Mathguy64
AG
You just know those poor *******s at WB watched the Thor trailer yesterday and took the rest of the week off to go on a 5 day bender.
Murder Hornet
AG
Batman's crappy new cowl looks like owl man or whatever from watchmen.

Hate the new costume and fat bat logo
fig96
AG
mathguy86 said:

You just know those poor *******s at WB watched the Thor trailer yesterday and took the rest of the week off to go on a 5 day bender.
Posted by me on the Marvel thread yesterday:

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Bruce Almighty
AG
So it's a pentdent?
YouBet
AG
That is brilliant. Having said that my wife can't contain her lust over Khal Drogo. She's in on this solely because of him.
TCTTS
AG
schmendeler
AG
TCTTS said:

Superman: "Mooommm!"
Bruce Almighty
AG
I'm sure the producers and director are just thrilled with her saying that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.