*** JUSTICE LEAGUE ***

111,457 Views | 1009 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Brick Tamland
Aggie94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Chitauri, not Kree

/sorry about being "that guy"
AgMarauder04
AG
Aggie94 said:

Chitauri, not Kree

/sorry about being "that guy"
Being correct trumps my ego.
Weimerica
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Weimerica said:

TCTTS said:

I have a feeling Justice League is going to be an insanely massive movie in scope. We're getting huge Amazon flashback sequences, and then introducing Aquaman, Cyborg, and an entire intergalactic villain/species as well. Throw in Superman's resurrection, along with a possible Green Lantern appearance (toward the end?), and knowing that the shooting schedule was far longer than the average blockbuster, I don't see how this movie is under 2:45.
It should be this massive. Darkseid is a literal universal level threat. The Entire Green Lantern Corps along with the Guadians would be needed.

Darkseid is a world destroyer so if we don't see things like planets blowing up in his search for the Anti-life Equation, I'll be disappointed. It will be interesting to see how it's done on screen.
If they do it right, then damn right it should be a really long movie.

Do we know if Darkseid is really in JL? I thought I read that it would be ... Steppenwolf, I think, from the brief appearance in the extended edition of BvS? Or would Darkseid be set up in JL1 and come front and center for JL2?
Steppenwolf is one of his minions. Darkseid likely won't appear until JL2, so we will have a few more movies until then.
TCTTS
AG

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Wonder why no more Zimmer.
TCTTS
AG
Shortly after BvS, Zimmer said he's done w/ superhero movies.
fig96
AG
If anyone needs some good comic reading, Scott Snyder is one of the best writers out there and a bunch of his stuff is on sale right now.

If you're a Batman fan, Court of Owls and Zero Year are both fantastic stories.

https://www.comixology.com/DC-Finest-Scott-Snyder-Sale/page/15295
TajMaballer
AG
Tom King is also doing a great job with Batman currently. Batman #20 which came out a few years ago was one of the best single issues of a comic that I have read. It was just a brawl between Batman and Bane. One fight the entire issue. Highly recommend if anyone is just hankering for some Batman content.
TCTTS
AG
New poster + new trailer announced to debut at Comic-Con/online July 22...

TCTTS
AG
And correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the first piece of marketing to actually feature Superman.
Sex Panther
AG
Wait... he's not dead!?!
hurleyag
AG
Justice League: Weekend at Clark's
fig96
AG
Not sure if it's the angle, but I'm not loving Bats' cowl in this shot.

Kinda owl-like (or Nite Owl like).
MooreTrucker
AG
Just can't take my eyes off WW.....
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Not sure how I like this idea about bringing a superhero who supposedly died earlier back to life later on.

That just doesn't happen in the comics and I'm not sure how realistic that is.......
TCTTS
AG
Ha, I really can't understand the strategy behind WB's thinking so far...

-Even though not a single person will believe it to be permanent, kill Superman almost as an afterthought at the end of BvS.

-Heavily/obviously hint at his return in the final frame of the same movie.

-Then, starting three months after BvS's release - and16 months before Justice League's release - don't include Superman in any Justice League posters or trailers for 11 straight months.

-But then - ah ha! - FIVE MONTHS before Justice League hits theaters - reveal that Superman is officially alive!... in a random poster.

So dumb. Either commit to the ruse or don't.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Why TF would they keep it under wraps and give it away now?

I wonder if Cavill's instagram post had anything to do with it?

Either way, stupid move and agree 100% with TCTTS.
Rex Racer
AG
TCTTS said:

Ha, I really can't understand the strategy behind WB's thinking so far...

-Even though not a single person will believe it to be permanent, kill Superman almost as an afterthought at the end of BvS.

-Heavily/obviously hint at his return in the final frame of the same movie.

-Then, starting three months after BvS's release - and16 months before Justice League's release - don't include Superman in any Justice League posters or trailers for 11 straight months.

-But then - ah ha! - FIVE MONTHS before Justice League hits theaters - reveal that Superman is officially alive!... in a random poster.

So dumb. Either commit to the ruse or don't.
They are really just tripping all over themselves at this point. *sigh*

I wish Disney would buy DC, too.
MooreTrucker
AG
Further proof that there is no real plan in place.

It really makes me sad because I've been a DC/JL fan since I was a kid.
Hagen95
AG
The big reveal will be Zan and Jayna.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm 100% on board with their plans as far as the movies themselves. The marketing is a different story.
MooreTrucker
AG
And Gleek.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Yeah, it seems odd timing. But is anyone surprised? Clearly, Superman was not truly dead at the end of BvS. And this is WB, who cannot seem to get out of its own way, and I say that as a fan of MoS and BvS and WW.

I think WB's biggest problem is a lack of patience. Of course they saw the massive success that Marvel had with The Avengers, and they want that for their own in Justice League, but what they are forgetting is that Marvel developed a long-range plan and executed it. WB does not seem to have been willing to build a plan to get us to Justice League - just a couple of movies and then bam, here's Justice League with a few characters that have only been seen in glimpses and have absolutely no back-story to the average movie-goer. I expect to enjoy Justice League about as much as I enjoyed BvS and MoS, but really the DC universe will likely go down in history as a case of what could have been.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
It's also very disturbing that his Super Bulge is featured so front and center.
AgMarauder04
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Yeah, it seems odd timing. But is anyone surprised? Clearly, Superman was not truly dead at the end of BvS. And this is WB, who cannot seem to get out of its own way, and I say that as a fan of MoS and BvS and WW.

I think WB's biggest problem is a lack of patience. Of course they saw the massive success that Marvel had with The Avengers, and they want that for their own in Justice League, but what they are forgetting is that Marvel developed a long-range plan and executed it. WB does not seem to have been willing to build a plan to get us to Justice League - just a couple of movies and then bam, here's Justice League with a few characters that have only been seen in glimpses and have absolutely no back-story to the average movie-goer. I expect to enjoy Justice League about as much as I enjoyed BvS and MoS, but really the DC universe will likely go down in history as a case of what could have been.
Hell, would have been smarter to move WW to the front and Supes in the background.
AgMarauder04
AG
Anyone else notice supes is looking ahead and everyone else is looking UP?
M.C. Swag
AG
TCTTS said:

^I think this was the first promo JL piece with Superman in it...but still dumb either way
TCTTS
AG
I knew the poster looked familiar. Released earlier this year...

TCTTS
AG
Bruce: "Supes, come pose with us!"

Clark: "No."

Bruce: "Come on, man. We're brooding. You love to brood!"

Clark: "I want my own movie again."

Bruce: "We talked about this. You can't have your own movie again until you finish making this one."

(Clark crosses his arms in a huff.)

Bruce: "Besides, the sun is just right. And I know how much you like the sun..."

(On Clark, his interest piqued.)

Bruce: "Check out the sweet ass lens flare right in between me and Diana. Look."

[The team poses. Clark reluctantly checks the camera.]

Clark: "Damn. That is a sweet ass lens flare."

Bruce: "See! Come on!"

[Clark considers.]

Clark: "Can we add dust?"

Bruce: "Dust?"

Clark: "Yeah, like some kicked up dirt to make it look even more dramatic and serious?"

Bruce: "Sure, man, whatever. Just hurry."

[In an instant, Clark is alongside them, a plume of dust in his wake.]

Clark: "How's my bulge?"

JuliusCaesarAggie
I'm just disappointed Superman doesn't have the black suit and flowing mullet

CrazyDayDuck
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

I agree with that for the most part.

However, I think we are over-reacting a bit.

NOBODY thought Superman was dead. EVERYONE knows that Superman is in the Justice League.

I agree that they should have been more coy about bringing back the Man of Steel in the posters. They should of had him somewhat hidden in the back (behind Flash or Cyborg).

In light of the mixed reviews that MoS got and the hot mess that the Suicide Squad was, BvS did get us introduced to Wonder Wonder and teased us with Aquaman, Flash and Cyborg. Yes, BvS may have been awkward about setting up the Justice League but it was functional and did its job.

Of course, Gal Gadot knocked it out of the park with her performance in WW. It got great reviews and will probably beat the first movies for Captain A, Iron Man and Thor in the box office, at least domestically.

After MoS, SS and BvS, DC really needed WW to deliver, and it did.

DC's problem is that the Dark Knight is just that ... Dark. The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Returns were two of the best super hero movies ever (Maybe THE two best super hero movies ever). However, being so dark, those movies made it problematic for the transition to the Justice League. Now they have to lighten Batman up a little. By the trailer, it seems like they did that. Aquaman: What's your super power? Batman: I'm rich.

WB posters aside, I'm optimistic that the Justice League will deliver.

This holiday season should be pretty awesome with JL, Thor 3 and Epiode 8. The competition might be the biggest issue. I'm not exactly sure of their release dates though.

But yeah, back to your original point, WB could have been artful in reintroducing Superman. Oh well.
TCTTS
AG

Quote:

This holiday season should be pretty awesome with JL, Thor 3 and Epiode 8. The competition might be the biggest issue. I'm not exactly sure of their release dates though.

11.03 = Thor: Ragnarok

2 weeks later...

11.17 = Justice League

4 weeks later...

12.15 = Star Wars: The Last Jedi
CrazyDayDuck
TCTTS said:

Quote:

11.03 = Thor: Ragnarok

2 weeks later...

11.17 = Justice League

4 weeks later...

12.15 = Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Cool.

Smart move to put Thor out just after Halloween.
YouBet
AG
I guess the new "surprise" will be Green Lantern considering his prominent call-out in the opening sequence of WW.

Maybe they will kill off cyborg and replace him with GL.
fig96
AG
TCTTS said:

I knew the poster looked familiar. Released earlier this year...

This helps explain the really odd alignment of them in the new poster.

"Ok, everyone space evenly, nice straight line across....wait, no Flash, just sort of jam yourself in there. Perfect!"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.