*** JUSTICE LEAGUE ***

111,558 Views | 1009 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Brick Tamland
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If it wasn't for Margot Robbie, SS would win a Razzie. And even then she flitted in and out of her characters accent/voice.
Bruce Almighty
AG
My ranking is easy:

1-15 Marvel
16-18 DC
TCTTS
AG
GiveEmHellBill
AG
schmendeler
AG
TCTTS said:

Not sure I get the significance on this. Is there back story I'm missing?
TCTTS
AG
- One of Zack Snyder's daughters tragically committed suicide in March, which was (to my knowledge) not made public at the time. Snyder tried to power through it / lose himself in work, but his family was suffering and needed him home (his words).

- So earlier this week he made the call to step away from completing his directing duties on Justice League, which included upcoming reshoots and continued post production (editing, effects, score, etc.). Warner Bros. issued a press release on the matter and said Joss Whedon was stepping in to finish the movie in place of Snyder.

- The announcement made it sound like Whedon was essentially coming aboard this week. But now, it turns out that he'd actually been hired long before and has already been helping with post and prepping reshoots, which is a little weird, given the situation. Normally directors of his caliber - especially someone who directed two Avengers movies - doesn't come on board to aid the current big-name director, especially on what is essentially WB's first "Avengers"/competing movie.

- I'm assuming that after WB hired Whedon to do his Batgirl project (announced last month, I think), they asked him to help out on Justice League as well. So it's not that big of a deal, just a very unusual situation that may or may not point to Justice League troubles. Point is, everyone thought Whedon was basically coming on board to help in response to a tragic personal situation for Snyder. Turns out, though, he came on board well before.

- A lot of this was discussed in the DC thread, but never made it here for some reason.
schmendeler
AG
Thank you for that context
TCTTS
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BU_LhMjld61
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Gee, how much sugar and creamer does he have in there? I'd have pegged SUPERMAN. as a black coffee drinker.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What must it feel like to wear that suit? Not just that, but to walk out of your trailer, in the outfit, and actually FEEL like Superman. And know that people look at you, and see Superman.
TCTTS
AG
Was literally thinking about how surreal that would be when I posted that. So crazy.
schmendeler
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Gee, how much sugar and creamer does he have in there? I'd have pegged SUPERMAN. as a black coffee drinker.

Caffeine is a stimulant. Superman is a hot cocoa man.
TCTTS
AG
I was interning on the Sony lot summer 2003 when they were filming Spider-Man 2. I'd seen a lot of the sets, and Dunst and Franco a few times, but never Maguire. End of day one day I was walking back to my car on the other side of the lot and I always made a point to take the long way by all the Spider-man 2 trailers. Suddenly, a golf cart came speeding up right as I was walking by, parked, and Maguire was sitting shotgun, wrapped in a blanket (for concealment purposes). He stood up, unwrapped himself from the blanket, and suddenly ******* Spider-Man was standing there not ten feet away, in full costume. Even just seeing that in real life was almost an out of body experience. I can't even imagine what it's like to actual play a part like that, and be the guy in that costume.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's pretty awesome.
Blanco Jimenez
AG
Read something yesterday that we might have a surprise Green Lantern appearance in this movie.
jackie childs
Blanco Jimenez said:

Read something yesterday that we might have a surprise Green Lantern appearance in this movie.
"surprise" as in it won't be advertised or "surprise" as in here's a Green Lantern that doesn't suck?

actually, it doesn't matter, both would be welcomed surprises
hurleyag
AG
TCTTS said:

I was interning on the Sony lot summer 2003 when they were filming Spider-Man 2. I'd seen a lot of the sets, and Dunst and Franco a few times, but never Maguire. End of day one day I was walking back to my car on the other side of the lot and I always made a point to take the long way by all the Spider-man 2 trailers. Suddenly, a golf cart came speeding up right as I was walking by, parked, and Maguire was sitting shotgun, wrapped in a blanket (for concealment purposes). He stood up, unwrapped himself from the blanket, and suddenly ******* Spider-Man was standing there not ten feet away, in full costume. Even just seeing that in real life was almost an out of body experience. I can't even imagine what it's like to actual play a part like that, and be the guy in that costume.
When did this become the Focus thread?
AgMarauder04
AG
Blanco Jimenez said:

Did you read any more besides speculation based on the new DC Intro Screen from WW? That's all I've heard...that since the League is featured on that screen, he could be in JL?
CrazyDayDuck
israeliag said:

TCTTS said:

That's a pretty good point. Gadot,at least, couldn't have shot much, if anything at all, due to her pregnancy.

Reshoots don't usually involve action scenes, right? Of course she might not be in a condition to travel/reshoot but nothing you couldn't get away with through camera angles and conveniently placed props.

Actually, Gadot (not Godot as TCTTS spells her name) did do some action reshoots, and while being 5 MONTHS PREGNANT.

They basically put a green screen over her tummy and edited it. She said you can't really notice it in the close ups but in some of the takes where she is further away she said that she looked like WW running "while being pregnant with Kermit the Frog". I didn't know this while going in so I wasn't looking for it.

I know that TCTTS likes to poo poo some of the reviews due to many people being infatuated with Gadot, but how can you not be? She took over this role, much like Christopher Reeves became the incarnate version of Superman. Gadot IS Wonder Woman.

It will be interesting watching her career unfold. Of course, her height (5'10") was a plus in getting cast for WW but it will cause difficulty with actors shorter than that. But what a star she is now though.
rhutton125
AG
IIRC Scarlett Johansson was pregnant during a good chunk of Age of Ultron. Too lazy to google to confirm
FL_Ag1998
AG
TCTTS
AG

Quote:

I know that TCTTS likes to poo poo some of the reviews due to many people being infatuated with Gadot, but how can you not be? She took over this role, much like Christopher Reeves became the incarnate version of Superman. Gadot IS Wonder Woman.

Dude, you're conflating me with another poster. I was part of that general convo, but I never said any of that stuff. In fact, I compared her to Reeve as well.

Also, you're the one who started that whole, dumb, it-was-the-widow's-husband thing in the Better Call Saul thread a couple days ago, right? Just checking.
JuliusCaesarAggie
Blanco Jimenez said:

I've read this also. Rumors point to bald black dude from TFATF as John Stewart. Certainly makes sense with galactic bad guy Steppenwolf (and possibly Darkseid) showing up that the galaxy's police force for Sector 2814 wouldn't be far behind.
Blanco Jimenez
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

Blanco Jimenez said:

Did you read any more besides speculation based on the new DC Intro Screen from WW? That's all I've heard...that since the League is featured on that screen, he could be in JL?
That was the most recent thing I read but Heroic Hollywood has been flat out saying that we'd see GL in the JL movie.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
This was driving me crazy. I kept thinking the below two shots were in one of the Wonder Woman trailers, and was wondering (no pun intended) if this sequence had been cut. The whole movie, based on these two shots, I kept waiting for them to go back to Amazon island for a final fight, and it never happened. Remembering that these shots were in the Justice League trailer instead makes so much more sense...

AgMarauder04
AG
So, she is returning in the sense that we will likely see her in a flashback to humanity's first battle with the parademons?
TCTTS
AG
I have a feeling Justice League is going to be an insanely massive movie in scope. We're getting huge Amazon flashback sequences, and then introducing Aquaman, Cyborg, and an entire intergalactic villain/species as well. Throw in Superman's resurrection, along with a possible Green Lantern appearance (toward the end?), and knowing that the shooting schedule was far longer than the average blockbuster, I don't see how this movie is under 2:45.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah. Read the article. That's what they're concluding.
Weimerica
Brian Earl Spilner said:

What must it feel like to wear that suit? Not just that, but to walk out of your trailer, in the outfit, and actually FEEL like Superman. And know that people look at you, and see Superman.
Sitting there drinking coffee like that is exactly something Superman would do. Love the picture.
Weimerica
TCTTS said:

I have a feeling Justice League is going to be an insanely massive movie in scope. We're getting huge Amazon flashback sequences, and then introducing Aquaman, Cyborg, and an entire intergalactic villain/species as well. Throw in Superman's resurrection, along with a possible Green Lantern appearance (toward the end?), and knowing that the shooting schedule was far longer than the average blockbuster, I don't see how this movie is under 2:45.
It should be this massive. Darkseid is a literal universal level threat. The Entire Green Lantern Corps along with the Guadians would be needed.

Darkseid is a world destroyer so if we don't see things like planets blowing up in his search for the Anti-life Equation, I'll be disappointed. It will be interesting to see how it's done on screen.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Weimerica said:

TCTTS said:

It should be this massive. Darkseid is a literal universal level threat. The Entire Green Lantern Corps along with the Guadians would be needed.

Darkseid is a world destroyer so if we don't see things like planets blowing up in his search for the Anti-life Equation, I'll be disappointed. It will be interesting to see how it's done on screen.
If they do it right, then damn right it should be a really long movie.

Do we know if Darkseid is really in JL? I thought I read that it would be ... Steppenwolf, I think, from the brief appearance in the extended edition of BvS? Or would Darkseid be set up in JL1 and come front and center for JL2?
fig96
AG
Good question. You'd think they they'd at least build to Darkseid a bit more, but then again this is DC/WB we're talking about here

Marvel has taken what, 15 films to build to Thanos?
rhutton125
AG
I assume Steppenwolf is the villain, with a tease to Darkseid after he's stopped.

Steppenwolf worries me a bit. Isn't he a pretty minor character in the comics? Probably not a lot of great material to draw inspiration from, if that's the case. But adapting a villain has been the main problem for 80% of comic book movies these days anyway.
AgMarauder04
AG
rhutton125 said:

I assume Steppenwolf is the villain, with a tease to Darkseid after he's stopped.

Steppenwolf worries me a bit. Isn't he a pretty minor character in the comics? Probably not a lot of great material to draw inspiration from, if that's the case. But adapting a villain has been the main problem for 80% of comic book movies these days anyway.

Almost like the Avengers. Thanos had a kree army he gave to Loki and turned his attention to earth when he knew we had some of what he wants (infinity stones)

Steppenwolf is a lieutenant of Darkseid....with Darkseids army. When he goes down, Darkseid will turn his attention towards Earth for the motherboxes

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.