*** JUSTICE LEAGUE ***

111,621 Views | 1009 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Brick Tamland
jackie childs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TCTTS said:

probably trying to get fired to get out of her DC contract so she can play something better...you know, like literally any female character in the MCU
GiveEmHellBill
AG
It's Diane Lane. I've had a movie-star crush on her since "The Outsiders." I mean, look at her in that interview: she is one of the most beautiful women in Hollywood.

She can say whatever she wants and I wouldn't care. Plus, she's likely only speaking the truth.
Sex Panther
AG
I'm just imagining the head of DC studios pulling a Gavin Belson and beating the **** out of the mirror at a focus group after seeing that.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

It's Diane Lane. I've had a movie-star crush on her since "The Outsiders." I mean, look at her in that interview: she is one of the most beautiful women in Hollywood.

She can say whatever she wants and I wouldn't care. Plus, she's likely only speaking the truth.
She is a gorgeous woman. I saw The Outsiders but only once when it first came out, so I really don't remember her in that one. I do recall her in a political thriller she made with Wesley Snipes, what was it, Murder at 1600 I think.
Beat40
WB gotta be thinking how did his happen? They have 2 of the most popular super heros in world - their logos are literally universal and every movie they make seems more underwhelming than the next. Wow.

Guess as long as the money rolls in they're like, eh...
YouBet
AG
I'm feeling good about Wonder woman just not the others. No reason other than maybe I'm capitvated by her hotness.
Flashdiaz
AG
Just to clarify Diane Lane's previous comments, this is from her publicist:

"Diane meant "sorry to disappoint" in reference to revealing anything concerning "Justice League" that is not already out in the public, and, was declining to comment on a film (Avengers) that she has not seen. She is thrilled to continue her role as Martha Kent, and appreciates your excitement for "Justice League". Thank you for giving us the opportunity to clarify this."
TCTTS
AG
wangus12
AG
TCTTS said:

Because that totally worked with Suicide Squad. GFY WB for ruining something that should be so ****ing awesome
Flashdiaz
AG
wangus12 said:

TCTTS said:

Because that totally worked with Suicide Squad. GFY WB for ruining something that should be so ****ing awesome
it didn't look good to begin with, maybe they made it better...
oh wait, it's WB meddling again... let me know when it comes out on Redbox.
YouBet
AG
All I care about at this point is Wonder Woman and Aquaman (never thought I would say that about him).

I'm actually looking at JL as a tertiary movie and not the main act as contradictory as that may seem.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Well the track record is not particularly great - Suicide Squad was really not very good but I for one did actually enjoy BvS - I will make up my mind on JL only after I see it, not 6 months before it releases.
Dro07
AG
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Wow can't wait for the directors cut
israeliag
AG
TCTTS said:

Geoff Jonhs effect? I guess we can only hope.
Flashdiaz
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

I will make up my mind on JL only after I see it, not 6 months before it releases.
at some point you have to accept that WB will screw it up given their track record.
They had the most identifiable superheroes and managed to make boring and predictable stories... average at best. They are the longhorns of movie making... they do less with more.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
That's a pretty good point. Gadot, at least, couldn't have (re)shot much, if anything at all, due to her pregnancy.
fig96
AG
israeliag said:

TCTTS said:

Geoff Jonhs effect? I guess we can only hope.

It's amazing to me that they continue to ignore the decades of good storytelling they can leverage in favor of adapting bits and pieces of past stories into an incongruous mess.
israeliag
AG
TCTTS said:

That's a pretty good point. Gadot,at least, couldn't have shot much, if anything at all, due to her pregnancy.

Reshoots don't usually involve action scenes, right? Of course she might not be in a condition to travel/reshoot but nothing you couldn't get away with through camera angles and conveniently placed props.
TCTTS
AG
True. I'm just saying this all originated from a site no one's ever heard of. I'm sure there's definitely some truth to it, but it's likely not as bad as it sounds.
YouBet
AG
Could be reminiscent of the Rogue One reshoot drama that wasn't that big of a deal.
israeliag
AG
I wouldn't be surprised if it were to add a few light hearted moments into the film so it's not 100% grim-dark.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

I will make up my mind on JL only after I see it, not 6 months before it releases.
at some point you have to accept that WB will screw it up given their track record.
They had the most identifiable superheroes and managed to make boring and predictable stories... average at best. They are the longhorns of movie making... they do less with more.
At the risk of creating a slight derail ... WB has what I consider a 1-game losing streak with Suicide Squad. I did enjoy BvS but will not say it was any where near a great movie ... MoS was the opening of this "universe" and I thought that one went pretty well.

How do these movies stand up to Marvel's huge library? I ranked Marvel's movies in that thread after seeing the second Guardians of the Galaxy. None of these D.C. Movies would crack the Marvel top 5 although MoS might slip in to the top 10. Generally I think people consider The Incredible Hulk to be the worst Marvel movie. But really, how bad is it? How does that compare to Suicide Squad? I watched SS a few times and I have seen TIH a handful of times as well. What about BvS? What Marvel movie would be closest in terms of reviews, performance, etc? For me I would probably rank BvS right about the Iron Man 2 or 3 level. Both of those were decent but certainly were not among Marvel's best efforts.
fig96
AG
I feel like you're giving DC films far too much credit. Entertaining bits don't make up for lack of a coherent story.
AliasMan02
AG
TIH is probably the weakest Marvel film top to bottom, but its story makes sense and it has a ton of redeeming qualities. It runs circles around Suicide Squad.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
fig96 said:

I feel like you're giving DC films far too much credit. Entertaining bits don't make up for lack of a coherent story.
Too much credit? I just stated that what is probably considered the best of DC's movies might slip into a top 10 ranking that includes all of Marvel's mostly superior movies and that's too much credit?

For me the bottom line is what movies represent - entertainment. I am easily entertained. While I recognize problems in story or character or what-have-you, I am generally able to put that aside and just watch for the sake of watching.

In BvS, I think the Martha thing was the worst part of the movie. But I am able to just accept that at face value and move on to derive whatever level of enjoyment I can from the remainder of the movie.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
AliasMan02 said:

TIH is probably the weakest Marvel film top to bottom, but its story makes sense and it has a ton of redeeming qualities. It runs circles around Suicide Squad.
Yes, I would agree generally that TIH > SS.
MooreTrucker
AG
Margot Robbie > TIH
AliasMan02
AG
On pure entertainment value, I'd watch any MCU movie over BvS, I think. And I'd watch BvS over SS, but not by a huge margin.
toucan82
TCTTS said:

That's a pretty good point. Gadot, at least, couldn't have (re)shot much, if anything at all, due to her pregnancy.

My fault. Sorry everybody.
AliasMan02
AG
toucan's a good name for a boy or girl
fig96
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

fig96 said:

Too much credit? I just stated that what is probably considered the best of DC's movies might slip into a top 10 ranking that includes all of Marvel's mostly superior movies and that's too much credit?

For me the bottom line is what movies represent - entertainment. I am easily entertained. While I recognize problems in story or character or what-have-you, I am generally able to put that aside and just watch for the sake of watching.

In BvS, I think the Martha thing was the worst part of the movie. But I am able to just accept that at face value and move on to derive whatever level of enjoyment I can from the remainder of the movie.
Short version: yes.

The Iron Man films, as far as coherent story, character motivation, fit into the overall universe, and staying true to their characters, are well ahead of MoS and miles ahead of BvS.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
01. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
02. Captain America: Civil War
03. Guardians of the Galaxy
04. Iron Man
05. The Avengers
06. Captain America: The First Avenger
07. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
08. Doctor Strange
09. Avengers: Age of Ultron
10. Man of Steel
11. Thor
12. Iron Man 2
13. Iron Man 3
14. Batman Versus Superman: Dawn of Justice
15. Ant Man
16. The Incredible Hulk
17. Thor: The Dark World
18. Suicide Squad

Call this my ranking of all comic movies since Iron Man but excluding the Nolan Batman masterpieces, two of which would be top 5 on this list.
MooreTrucker
AG
Eh, I'm with Cinco. Y'all are putting WAY too much brainpower into this. I saw SS and had fun watching the characters be all charactery and blow **** up and stuff.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
They're re-shooting half of the entire movie so that half the film takes place during bright, sunny & cloudless days.

That would completely change the tone of any Zack Snyder film.....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.