***Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom***

98,768 Views | 798 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Cromagnum
Thunder18
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife and I enjoyed it
c-jags
MrPlow2010 said:

I thought the cloning thing was dumb to introduce. Also I thought they were selling those dinosaurs for cheap. These were supposed to be the last ones on Earth and they are only going for a few million. The cost of all the last dinosaurs was like $120 million and the movie alone cost more than $170 in only production costs.

When he was talking about the money they were going to make from selling dinos, I laughed because it was so absurdly low. I wanted to tell the screen writers he could make a movie about dinosaurs and have a higher profit margin.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Wife and I saw it this weekend. There's a new theater by our house so we got some coupons in the mail for free tickets. Used them to go see this, and don't regret it.

Sure, it's not the greatest movie of all time but we enjoyed it and had fun. I really liked how suspenseful this one was, the dinosaur museum haunted house theme was awesome.

Probably won't see it again but it's worth a watch if nothing else but to get you excited for what the next movie should be
hurleyag
AG
Justin2010 said:

Also was cool too finally let the dinos loose on the world. Although I really wonder if letting at most a few dozen dinos out would really be as catastrophic for the world as Ian Malcom keeps saying. There are lots of guns in this country and dinosaurs aren't bulletproof.

I think the idea was the technology was going to be reversed engineered and everyone that bought a dinosaur would now know how to clone.
pimplepopper
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

JJxvi said:

It's genius, instead of wasting bullets that might cost pennies to replace you have an animal that cost and is worth millions and millions (demonstrated right after that in fact) but unlike the bullet presumably you have to feed and keep healthy and can form a healthy bond with. Morale will skyrocket! Imagine curling up in a foxhole with your warm pal Blue!
This works great until the tree huggers get wind of it and start campaigning to stop the animal abuse. Then they start wanting to adopt these dinosaur pit bulls who are obviously the most loving animal you could ever imagine.
Sounds like a pit bull owner.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PacifistAg
AG
Saw it this weekend. We really enjoyed it.

The one thing I was wondering is why, at the end, not just open the large door leading outside but keep the dinosaurs in their pens? The gas would have gone out, saving the animals, and you wouldn't have to let dinosaurs loose on the public.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
pimplepopper said:

TheEyeGuy said:

JJxvi said:

It's genius, instead of wasting bullets that might cost pennies to replace you have an animal that cost and is worth millions and millions (demonstrated right after that in fact) but unlike the bullet presumably you have to feed and keep healthy and can form a healthy bond with. Morale will skyrocket! Imagine curling up in a foxhole with your warm pal Blue!
This works great until the tree huggers get wind of it and start campaigning to stop the animal abuse. Then they start wanting to adopt these dinosaur pit bulls who are obviously the most loving animal you could ever imagine.
Just the opposite, actually.
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
pimplepopper
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

pimplepopper said:

TheEyeGuy said:

JJxvi said:

Just the opposite, actually.
Oh I didn't mean you. I meant I agree with your post.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Goose
AG
Based on the brief post-credits scene, I'm picturing a mock teaser where Blue is wearing an Elvis impersonation outfit and is chain smoking while sitting at a slot machine, frequent gambler card on a neck lanyard, lucky troll dolls perched just so on the machine, and obnoxiously flagging down the waitress for another Cutty Sark on the rocks.
Slicer97
AG
RetiredAg said:

Saw it this weekend. We really enjoyed it.

The one thing I was wondering is why, at the end, not just open the large door leading outside but keep the dinosaurs in their pens? The gas would have gone out, saving the animals, and you wouldn't have to let dinosaurs loose on the public.

Because you have to set up the next movie...
Urban Ag
AG
So I took the family today and I don't even really know what to say. Fun movie. Too deep for the material. Kids had fun. My wife hated it (but she loved the last one). It just went too political, societal, etc.

The entire concept of releasing mother F'ing dinosaurs is just so freaking preposterous neither the wife or I could get past it. My kids are like "Dad, what would really happen if that happened?". And my response was, "well guys, we'd have no other choice but to have the US military hunt them down and exterminate them, sorry to be the wet blanket."

Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed the movie. Love Pratt as always, he can almost do no wrong. And I really like Dallas Howard, don't care what the critics say about her. But this movie just completely jumped the shark. Thank God Malcolm has a cameo. Literally anything Jeff Goldblum touches in made better.

I know we are not supposed to have political discussion on this board but they literally blew Jurassic Park so far in to the political realm that I don't really care what happens next. The notion of adults allowing dinosaurs to become a part of our ecosystem is so completely stupid I can't take this seriously at all. Regardless, was a good time.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Blue runs for Congress on a dino-rights ticket in the next one.
Urban Ag
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Blue runs for Congress on a dino-rights ticket in the next one.
Betting money that Maxime Waters can bark back at him and he understands.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Had mediocre expectations going into this and it hit about the bar I set. Easy to agree the plot and characters were lacking, but they made up for it with a lot of cool dinosaurs. I've accepted that anything other than the original Jurassic Park isn't going to measure up. Just take it for what it is at this point and enjoy it. With that being said, Jurassic World was awesome (not quite JP) but is a movie we own now. This was a decent drop from JW IMO. Overall my wife and I still enjoyed it and will happily add it to the collection.
Urban Ag
AG
The other thing that was just to impossible to suspend disbelief over was the fact that private entities were able to move dozens of dinosaurs off an island with an erupting volcano, that the US govt and media was monitoring, surely other govts as well, in a massive cargo ship then float that bad boy all the way to Northern CA to a port big enough to handle said great big ship, and unload said dinosaurs, and no one notices. US Navy? Nope. Coast Guard? Nope. CIA? Nope. Bueller? Nope. Police? Curious bystanders? Nosy neighbors? Passing motorists? Nope, nope, nope.
DTP02
AG
Finally saw this over the long weekend. It was entertaining, but disappointing.

Most of what was wrong with it were in the final act at the rich guy's estate. There were a few flaws which, while not fatal, really detracted from the movie considerably:

- I didn't believe the female lead's transformation into a Dino rights activist. I don't remember her leaning that way in the last one, as I remember her as strictly a corporate exec type doing her job running the park. And then she almost gets killed by Dinos multiple times, and somehow comes out a Dino rights activist? Was this some kind of Dino Stockholm syndrome?

- So much wrong with the writing for the guy running the rich dying guy's business. The whole idea of bringing the Dinos and the buyers to the estate was just silly. The fact that he's selling Dinos for bargain basement prices was sillier. His henchman were amateur hour. It was all ham-fisted.

- That the female lead actually considered releasing the Dinos into the wild where they would kill many people made her not very likeable, and Pratt's pushback on it was weak. That the kid did it made her not likeable at all. Come up with a better plan for making the sequel happen, because the female and the kid look bad and Pratt looked weak. Just dumb story-telling that only is going to resonate with a small percentage of ultra PC/SJW animal rights people.

I was entertained, but it could have been so much better. I never will understand how so much money can get spent on movies and still have flaws like this.
Urban Ag
AG
Good points.

In regards to the dina auction and the ridiculously low prices, only thing I can think of there was that the angle was the younger guy running the company was just a pure opportunistic dewsh. Kill the old man, sell the dinos, pay off the henchmen with tens of millions of the proceeds then split the country with the rest and live like a king.

As far as releasing the dinos goes, I heard at least one guy in theatre say what all the grown ups were thinking "are you f'ing kidding me?" Like literally kid, you just got thousands of people killed. Nice job.
titanmaster_race
I think where they ended up at the end (with dinos released into the world) was interesting. But how they got to that point was incredibly dumb.
Texaggie7nine
Was meh in IMAX. Most of the time I found myself wondering, "why, in dire times of trying to run away from something like a volcano and fire do dinos decide it would be a good time to stop and grab a snack?

Also, what predator worth its salt wastes its energy roaring at its prey trying to scare it?

I realize this is an issue with all the JP movies but this movie really pushed the issue.
7nine
titanmaster_race
My biggest thought throughout the movie: how do they keep finding people willing to go to Isla Nubar????? EVERYONE DIES
H6RBW
AG
I thought the movie was pretty bad.

There was too much left unexplained, or which just didn't make sense. What exactly had the mosasaurus been eating in its enclosure to survive 4 years? How did Claire go from being the cynical corporate type to being this zealous dinosaur rights type? How did this dinosaur boat lift go unnoticed/unimpeded? Small point, but one that bugged me: how was the roof supporting
a dinosaur's weight?

But all that pales next to the end where we inexplicably decide to let dinosaurs loose on the world. Even with the dinosaur rights stuff squarely presented at the beginning of the movie, I was still surprised by that level of stupidity.

The premise they've set up for the next movie seems like it could be interesting, but after watching this I have no confidence they can pull that off.
The Milkman
AG
I guess I was the only one pleased with them letting the dinos out in the real world?

A bunch of dinos out in the real world is certainly more interesting than a pile of dead ones. Some of you need to realize they aren't coming for you. They are going to wreck havoc on a fictional world. A world in which I am rooting for the dinos to move to the top of the food chain.
M.C. Swag
AG
Who doesn't realize that?

Releasing the dinos into the world wasn't the hang up...it was everything leading up to it that was a mess.

Besides, how in the world are like...10 dinosaurs going to takeover the planet? lol the premise is beyond absurd...even in a film that seems to bath in absurdity.
HoustonAg2106
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Releasing the dinos into the world wasn't the hang up...it was everything leading up to it that was a mess.

Besides, how in the world are like...10 dinosaurs going to takeover the planet? lol the premise is beyond absurd...even in a film that seems to bath in absurdity.
Life finds a way.
M.C. Swag
AG
Things that made me go 'hmm'

1) JW1 had a corny video demonstration with Jimmy Fallon that showed the durability of the 'sphere' glass and how they can withstand a shot from a .50 caliber bullet.....yet somehow in JW2 a couple of underwater shots by Owen from a pistol were able to go through no problem. Cool.

2) How in the world are these dinosaurs valuable? JW1 showed Dr. Woo escape the island with all the dna he needed to build more dinosaurs. i don't understand why rescuing them (beyond the absurd PETA elements) were necessary for Evil Corp? They could just have easily auctioned off the dna or new dinosaurs.

3) How in the world are these dinosaurs valuable in a world where a successful human clone exists? McBadguy already knew that a replicated human was living under his roof....THAT is the money maker. Not satisfying some niche dino fetish.

4) I don't understand how the old guy states that Hammond's dream was to build a dino utopia when everything we saw from JP1 exhibited his outright giddy desire to open a dino zoo. He wanted to monetize their existence. there was nothing altruistic about his motives so im calling shenanigans there.

5) Militarized dinosaurs in a world of drones and satellite missile strikes is an insult to basic human intelligence.

And I'm tired of 'good guy' dinosaurs. Having an indifferent herbivore walk around you is fine, but every time a raptor jumps past one human to attack another for no other reason than 'cuz he's bad'...that sucks.
The Milkman
AG
Quote:

As far as releasing the dinos goes, I heard at least one guy in theatre say what all the grown ups were thinking "are you f'ing kidding me?" Like literally kid, you just got thousands of people killed. Nice job.
Quote:

Quote:

That the female lead actually considered releasing the Dinos into the wild where they would kill many people made her not very likeable, and Pratt's pushback on it was weak. That the kid did it made her not likeable at all. Come up with a better plan for making the sequel happen, because the female and the kid look bad and Pratt looked weak. Just dumb story-telling that only is going to resonate with a small percentage of ultra PC/SJW animal rights people.

These three posts in the last page all seem to indicate wishes that the dinosaurs not be released to the world.
M.C. Swag
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

M.C. Swag said:

Life finds a way.
lol i love how a single private team of soldiers is able to go to an island filled with dinosaurs and capture dozens of them in an afternoon with nothing but tranq darts yet somehow these handful of dinos released at the end in the US are about to run amok without anyone being able to stop them.
The Milkman
AG
Also the fiance and I were both notably sad with the drowning dinosaurs and the brontosaurus left at the dock. However, gave a fist bump at nearly every human death.

I guess I'm just on the dinosaurs side in all of this mess. As has been alluded many times in the series and with anything Crichton, you play God and you lose. I'd like to see the humans lose and face a consequence of irreparable proportions.
M.C. Swag
AG
Every one of those posts was questioning the logic of it. It made no sense. Does anyone NOT want to see a NYC landscape overrun with Raptors and T-rex? No, but you can't just herp-derp your way to it.

Again, no one is anti-dinosaur....as the only human deaths were cartoony villains. This film had no balls to actually harm a good guy.
The Milkman
AG
I frankly dont care how you get there. A decision happens, they justify it (regardless of if the justification makes actual logical sense), and accept what you are given. I'm not here to question what is presented to me
DTP02
AG
The Milkman said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That the female lead actually considered releasing the Dinos into the wild where they would kill many people made her not very likeable, and Pratt's pushback on it was weak. That the kid did it made her not likeable at all. Come up with a better plan for making the sequel happen, because the female and the kid look bad and Pratt looked weak. Just dumb story-telling that only is going to resonate with a small percentage of ultra PC/SJW animal rights people.

These three posts in the last page all seem to indicate wishes that the dinosaurs not be released to the world.

Not sure what you're confused about. Dinos in the wild makes for fun future movie opportunities. Humans deliberately releasing Dinos in the wild is stupid and should be considered akin to aiding and abetting murder. It's not the result of Dinos being in the wild that anyone objects to, it's how they got there, with humans doing it purposefully, that makes no sense and makes the protagonists unlikeable.

Some other mechanism for them being released, like Blue hitting the release button or something, would have made much more sense in the movie.
TexasAggie_02
AG
We already had a t Rex lose in San Diego in the lost World. It was terrible.
schmendeler
AG
The Milkman said:

I guess I was the only one pleased with them letting the dinos out in the real world?

A bunch of dinos out in the real world is certainly more interesting than a pile of dead ones. Some of you need to realize they aren't coming for you. They are going to wreck havoc on a fictional world. A world in which I am rooting for the dinos to move to the top of the food chain.
if you're not at least somewhat invested in the world of the movie, then why watch it at all? you can find tons of free clips of dinosaurs wrecking **** and eating people on youtube for free. if you want to watch a story where you have at least a slight amount of investment in the people and fictional reality that is created then you are going to be disappointed when the characters do things that completely throw you out of enjoying that story.
Clavell
AG
Quote:

you can find tons of free clips of dinosaurs wrecking **** and eating people on youtube for free

Where have I been? How did I not know this?
The Milkman
AG
schmendeler said:

The Milkman said:

if you're not at least somewhat invested in the world of the movie, then why watch it at all? you can find tons of free clips of dinosaurs wrecking **** and eating people on youtube for free. if you want to watch a story where you have at least a slight amount of investment in the people and fictional reality that is created then you are going to be disappointed when the characters do things that completely throw you out of enjoying that story.
I'm extremely invested in the movies as its my favorite movie franchise by a huge margin without a close second. I just go along for whatever ride they want to take me on as an observer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.