***Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom***

98,085 Views | 798 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Cromagnum
Carlo4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
titanmaster_race said:

I think where they ended up at the end (with dinos released into the world) was interesting. But how they got to that point was incredibly dumb.

So much this. Would have been fine with an explosion blowing a hole in the wall and they escape or a fail safe of shutting down the power causes the gate to open. Having a person push the button, which causes the death of untold people, was ridiculous.

The dollar amounts of the Dino's were Austin Powers joke bad.

How the fight started (had to collect teeth) with no lock on the door is just laughable.

The whole clone bit was beyond stupid. I was waiting for the payoff that was Laura Derns daughter, Juliane Moore's daighter, or the IT girl's daughter from the original. He mentioned they went to the island some time ago.
double aught
AG
You guys act like kids have the same reasoning ability as adults.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
H6RBW said:

I thought the movie was pretty bad.

There was too much left unexplained, or which just didn't make sense. What exactly had the mosasaurus been eating in its enclosure to survive 4 years? How did Claire go from being the cynical corporate type to being this zealous dinosaur rights type? How did this dinosaur boat lift go unnoticed/unimpeded? Small point, but one that bugged me: how was the roof supporting
a dinosaur's weight?

But all that pales next to the end where we inexplicably decide to let dinosaurs loose on the world. Even with the dinosaur rights stuff squarely presented at the beginning of the movie, I was still surprised by that level of stupidity.

The premise they've set up for the next movie seems like it could be interesting, but after watching this I have no confidence they can pull that off.
I happened to have enjoyed the movie.

I was lambasted earlier in this thread for a statement I made regarding these movies. I said something about the plots of all of these movies being basically mindless. I probably should rephrase that, not in that they are mindless flicks like, say, Forbidden World (look it up, bad Roger Corman 1982 Alien ripoff), but that these movies exist to show us dinosaurs eating people. Back in 1993, was anyone going to go to see a movie about lions eating people in a nature reserve? Certainly not nearly as many as did go to see a movie that featured living dinosaurs eating people. Yes, I know that these movies have some underlying themes that suggest caution when working with things like genetics. Even in this last movie, Jeff Goldblum's character said pretty much exactly that.

But at the end of the day, to me these are movies about dinosaurs eating people. And to that end, I've left each of these movies satisfied that I saw what I wanted to see.

Regarding the mosasaur, nevermind your question about what was it eating all this time since the park closed, my question is how in the heck is that beast even here? JP showed us that the scientists get the dino-DNA from mosquitoes trapped in amber. Was there an aquatic mosquito? Or did JW explain that, and I have just forgotten?

Your last statement ... if they are serious about the underlying theme of Mankind messing around with something that he should not and there being serious repercussions resulting from all of this playing God by making dinosaurs, then I think the logical endpoint here is exactly what they have hinted at with the way JW2 ended. I just don't have a lot of confidence that they will actually have the guts to do that. Which is something else earlier in this thread, suggesting that the third JW movie ends very, very badly for humanity, in a kind of Planet of the Apes way, and we'd then get a third trilogy a while later set in a world controlled by dinosaurs. That would be a gutsy movie to make in JW3.
M.C. Swag
AG
I think this franchise would love nothing more than to evolve into a Dino World movie. There's nothing 'gutsy' about that.

They tried to reboot the 'park theme' of Jurassic Park and pretty much failed. So the logical stepping off point from here is to just drop the JP act and go full blown dino dystopia.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I think it certainly would be gutsy to have a movie where Chris Pratt gets ripped to shreds by Blue, or the gal gets stepped on by a apatosaurus ...
Hagen95
AG
The oceans of the period that the mosasaur existed in are no longer oceans in the modern day.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Well yeah. I believe that where I am currently sitting, this was once part of a sea. But again, based on the scientific explanation from the first movie, there had to be a mosquito or other blood-sucker that was able to get to a mosasaur to then get caught in sap so that a Jurassic Park/World scientist could later extract that mosasaur DNA ... now I'm not an expert on the mosasaur by any means. Might it have been a critter that liked to sun itself on a beach, like a gator? Just trying to get an understanding of where that DNA came from if that creature was an aquatic animal.......
Thunder18
AG
Brontosaurus? Come on man
Thunder18
AG
The dumbest part of the Mosasaurus exhibit was having a freaking giant direct access gateway to the open ocean from it's enclosure
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
http://jurassicpark.wikia.com/wiki/Mosasaurus I guess this is the explanation, but I don't recall anything about this in the actual movie.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Ok, so a Diplodocus steps on her.
Thunder18
AG
I was giving Milkman **** about calling the Brachiosaurus left on the docks a bronto...would love to see a large sauropod step on a human in these films
double aught
AG
M.C. Swag said:

They tried to reboot the 'park theme' of Jurassic Park and pretty much failed.
Are you saying that Jurassic World the movie was a failure?
M.C. Swag
AG
double aught said:

M.C. Swag said:

Yes. Not box office revenue wise, but in almost every other way. Especially when examined under the context of JW2.

Glad you liked it if that's where you want to go.

TLDR: JW2 belongs on SyFY channel
The Milkman
AG
What other objective ways do you have to measure it?
M.C. Swag
AG
The Milkman said:

What other objective ways do you have to measure it?

1) don't have to, it's my opinion.
2) $ =\= quality
Belton Ag
AG
M.C. Swag said:

double aught said:

M.C. Swag said:

Yes. Not box office revenue wise, but in almost every other way. Especially when examined under the context of JW2.

Glad you liked it if that's where you want to go.

TLDR: JW2 belongs on SyFY channel
If it didn't fail at the box office, it's not a failure, period. And by the way, this movie isn't a failure either.
M.C. Swag
AG
Okie doke
Belton Ag
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Okie doke
OK, glad that's settled, then.
GreasenUSA
AG
Maybe not a failure, but definitely a fail. But I am excited to get to the next one for Planet of the Dinos.
H6RBW
AG
Quote:

You guys act like kids have the same reasoning ability as adults

True, a kid pushed the button. But focusing on that alone ignores:

1) Claire was thiiiiiiis close to doing it herself a moment before;

2) while Claire's hand hovers over the button, neither Owen or any of the other adults in the room try to stop her. All Owen can manage is a muted "think about what you're doing" (instead of tackling her, while screaming "ARE YOU $@#&$!$@# CRAZY ?!?!?";

3) after clone girl presses the button, again, no adult has an appropriate reaction of "OMG, STOP THE DOOR. CLOSE IT!!!" (instead, they listen to clone girl say "They're alive, like me", and then stand there, with expressions on their faces like "she's right", and watch the dinosaurs run out).
_lefraud_
AG
I enjoyed it, probably because I had super low expectations after the trailers (knowing the plot/twist), but at this point, I'm ready for a Planet of the Apes setting like some have mentioned already.
Brick Tamland
https://instagr.am/p/Bk8PJnWnZfQ
schmendeler
AG
Brick Tamland said:

https://instagr.am/p/Bk8PJnWnZfQ
*creepy dinosaur smiles*
AMW2010
AG
FINALLY saw the movie... I actually really liked it despite reading everyone's comments on here as well... I liked when the dude gets his arm ripped off and eatten, and the guy at the end in the suit gets eaten by the T. rex.... liked the end of the movie, how Wu is like you can't sell the raptor cause people will do bad things with it... should make for an interesting next movie
Fenrir
Just got finished watching it. It was entertaining in a Syfy made for TV kind of way.

I expected it to be a bit ridiculous with mostly poor writing, just hoped that it would have enough really amazing moments to make up for it. I just don't think it ever had a truly amazing moment.
SeattleAgJr
It was a very meh movie that really did not need to be made.

So much blah to it from the fx to the plot.
Post removed:
by user
Urban Ag
AG
This movie was complete sh**. Sorry, I was nicer on my initial review but this was just terrible. Fun? Sure. Terrible? God yes.
Cromagnum
AG
Finally saw it. Yeah, it was a complete mess. The next one is keyed up to be even worse.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.