***Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom***

98,620 Views | 798 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Cromagnum
SeattleAgJr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This crap reminds me of George Lucas and his oh so subtle dig at Republicans in The Phantom Menace. Those two freaky aliens that have the name like nute gunray instead of Newt Gingrich and I forget what the other one was but it was dissing on another Republican. Hollywood... So damn woke.

Just tell your damn story and make your damn movie. Don't throw in stupid dated political b*******
Simplebay
AG
i thought it was... fine.

the new dino was boring af, but i liked the haunted house last act. wish i would've seen more of the dinos let loose and going crazy.

also not sure i was a huge fan of them showing so much in the trailer. like... the whole plot.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
MBAR said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

It's Toby Jones in a hairpiece.

And he plays an intermediary who brings together a bunch of billionaires and auctions off the dinosaurs. If someone sees any Donald Trump in that then that says more about that person than his performance.
The hair flips up exactly like Trump in a scene. You have to be incredibly dense not to realize what is being done there. Its obvious.

And the Nasty Woman comment? Is that not obvious either?

The Nasty Woman comment was so impactful, so cutting......that I literally don't even remember what you're talking about. No clue. Was he talking about the Indoraptor?

And my hair is very thin on top with a small wisp in the middle that I wish would just fall out. And it flips in the wind. Didn't realize I was a walking Trump metaphor.

All I'm saying is: not everything is about Trump (good or bad). Can we just not drag him into everything?
SeattleAgJr
Fine. You're not interested in discussing this. Move on. But it is obvious these points were about Trump. So it is fair game for discussion.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Anyway.....the movie was okay. Not great, but probably won't hold up as well for me over time. I probably won't remember much about it by the end of the summer. But, it was a fun evening for the family, so there's that.

It really had a "Lost World" vibe to it. The first JP movie was about the park and was light and thrilling...until hell broke loose. The sequel went back years later to a desolate park and was much darker and more violent. While it had some good scenes, it just left a bad taste in my mouth and is still my least favorite of the franchise.

This movie is similar: set years after the first. Desolate park. Darker and more violent. But this one doesn't seem as bad as "The Lost World." Not exactly a ringing endorsement, but there was fun to be had in it. Personally, I loved the haunted house part of the third act. Very well-done and nightmarish (especially for little kids who already have trouble going to sleep at night).

And it does sound like the last movie is going to be batsh*t insane. Like, "Jurassic Park: Apocalypse."
Raptor
AG
Good dinos and bad dinos
Good people and bad people
Dinos are somewhat contained and dinos get freed
Save the dinos vs save the people vs try to do both

This could be every JP/JW movie.

I'm hoping for JW3: Dino Space Soldiers
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

Dro07
AG
Thought it was good. Would go see the 3rd one. I kinda got a Dawn for planet of the apes vibe on this one so kinda expecting a war for plane of the apes for this one.

Question about the previous one and this one... can they still have babies outside of captivity? I remember the originals said something about it but didn't know Iif that was still the case.
AMW2010
AG
dromo07 said:

Thought it was good. Would go see the 3rd one. I kinda got a Dawn for planet of the apes vibe on this one so kinda expecting a war for plane of the apes for this one.

Question about the previous one and this one... can they still have babies outside of captivity? I remember the originals said something about it but didn't know Iif that was still the case.

Icecream_Ag
S
dromo07 said:

in the originals they werent supposed to be able to breed. All of the dinosaurs were supposed to be created in the labs. They used DNA from frogs to complete the DNA sequences. Frogs have been known to change genders in single sex environments.

They were also supposed to be completely dependent on the park for an enzyme that was left out of the breeding process, but they started to develop it naturally anyway which is how they survived.

As AMW2010 said, life finds a way.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Icecream_Ag said:

dromo07 said:

in the originals they werent supposed to be able to breed. All of the dinosaurs were supposed to be created in the labs. They used DNA from frogs to complete the DNA sequences. Frogs have been known to change genders in single sex environments.

They were also supposed to be completely dependent on the park for an enzyme that was left out of the breeding process, but they started to develop it naturally anyway which is how they survived.

In the lost World, the herbivores were eating plants high in lysine, and the carnivores were eating the herbivores.
Icecream_Ag
S
TexasAggie_02 said:

Icecream_Ag said:

dromo07 said:

In the lost World, the herbivores were eating plants high in lysine, and the carnivores were eating the herbivores.
well there it is
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Not gonna lie, I kinda dug it. But for whatever reason I enjoyed the second half much more than the first. Everything on the island felt like a pretty ridiculous "throw everything in but the kitchen scene" CGI fest , but once it got to the mansion it really hit its groove. Still ridiculous, but fun.

One major complaint, the score was weak sauce. Needed at least the JW theme, or the JP theme preferably. (At least we finally get it over the credits.)

Did we see if Wu survived?
phatpat21
Wife and I just got home. I'm with you I enjoyed it. First half was good but the second half was really fun. It's a freaking dinosaur movie. All these other people talking about politics with the movie. What are you talking about? Not one time did I ever think about anything political. It was a fun dinosaur movie. Anxious to see what happens in the 3rd one. First scene was pretty awesome as well as the last scene at the house. Stop looking for all the negatives and enjoy it. My wife (whom does not like movies at all) enjoyed it.

I don't remember about Wu. I remember him being drug off, that's it
Cancelled
AG
I thought this movie was pretty terrible. Perhaps I was jaded because I didn't care to see it. It seemed like Pratt was phoning it in. The plot was pretty stupid.

Sorry in advance.

Edit for: I think the next one looks intriguing.
20ag07
Didn't like this one at all. The original and JW were fun, and had a sense of wonder. This one was just dark. Which seemed to be the tone they were going for, but it didn't work for me. No one on screen seemed very interested in being there, and all the villains were waaaay over the top.
MrAbyss
If you're bored check out my review on the abomination known as Jurassic World 2. I honestly dont know how anyone who liked the first one could enjoy this lol

SeattleAgJr
that was almost as long as the movie.
Madmarttigan
AG
I've never understood the need for any JP after the first one
Formerly tv1113
TXAG 05
AG
tv1113 said:

I've never understood the need for any JP after the first one

$$$$$$$

Lost World was a great book, but a horrible movie. The movie bears little resemblance to the book
Ag Since 83
AG
I know a lot of people take the position "it's a dinosaur movie where the dinosaurs get free and eat people and that's all I want." And that's a fine opinion to have, and some people are going to like this movie. But the original film, which really didn't need a sequel at all, was indeed a dinosaur movie where the dinosaurs get free and eat people. But it's also so much more. It has amazing characters with a great script, and of course a very interesting cautionary tale about the perils of advancing technology. So, the problems with this new film, and the franchise as a whole, come down to a couple factors for me:

1. The characters and story suck. There's a reason why 25 years later we use memes and gifs of "life find's a way," the could/should debate, "hold on to your butts.," "dinosaurs eat man, woman inherits the earth," "you didn't say the magic word," etc. They are great moments delivered by interesting characters we all remember and who we enjoy going on the adventure with. Same thing with the cup of water vibrating and other moments throughout the first film. They are well executed moments that add to the story/drama/tension perfectly, and we love them and remember them because of it.

The new films have none of that. Hell, until the marketing push for the new film started, I didn't even remember the two lead characters' names. It's all so forgettable.

2. The movies ignore, and sometimes undercut, the entire theme of the first movie. The first movie ends with Hammond agreeing with Grant about the park being a bad idea, implying Malcolm's right about the dinosaurs being a system man can't possibly hope to control. At the beginning of the new movie, people agreeing with Malcolm's viewpoint are basically treated as the bad guys (until the real bad guys are revealed, anyway). The film wants us to agree with Claire over Malcol, thus ignoring the first film (and the many other times humanity should have learned this lesson). Every action by the "good guys" is eye rolling in this context. And at the end of the movie, when it seems like Claire has finally accepted the truth, clone girl intervenes to give an ending that we are supposed to view as 'happy' I guess, despite what this means going forward. Besides, why should we buy Claire as a dinosaur savior anyway? At no point in the last film did she have any emotional connection to the dinosaurs. They were, as she reminded everyone several times, just assets. Given the experiences of the movie it would make a lot more sense for her to have Malcolm's view.

I guess if they wanted to make sequels they should have just gone with the end of the novel, where some animals have made it to the mainland and working there way through the Costa Rican jungle, and in the next movie jumped right into carnage in the open real world without a park, or an island, or a house to constrain them.
M.C. Swag
AG
My man. Preach. I've been sharing this gospel since JW1.
Post removed:
by user
Cancelled
AG
I would say the same thing about Star Wars.
Cancelled
AG
SheriffBarclay said:

Quote:

At the beginning of the new movie, people agreeing with Malcolm's viewpoint are basically treated as the bad guys (until the real bad guys are revealed, anyway). The film wants us to agree with Claire over Malcol, thus ignoring the first film (and the many other times humanity should have learned this lesson).

I know right, this movie needs to be more like real life, where people never repeat the same mistake twice for any reason. Especially not due to greed, etc.

I think I see what you did there
schmendeler
AG
Whew. This was pretty bad.
AustinAg2K
I thought the movie was entertaining. I don't try to compare any of the sequels to the original though. The original is on a whole nother level, but its also based on a great book. Now the movies are just disaster/monster movies. The characters and plot are just there so the dinosaurs can fight each other.
aggie_fan13
AG
Was pretty underwhelming compared to JW. It seems they may have sequels they set up at the end. Characters were pretty boring except for the main villain. It could've been a lot better imo. I think the first five minutes of the movie were the best part
SeattleAgJr
wow.

that was so bad.

I understand action movies are not known for logic or internal consistency, but ******* there was so much stupidness is there... I can't even....

save your money.
MrAbyss
one of the dinosaurs smiled. thats all u need to know
Icecream_Ag
S
MrAbyss said:

one of the dinosaurs smiled. thats all u need to know
that s funny and you know it
Cancelled
AG
One more thing: the guy's granddaughter....what stupid element to add in at the end.
Icecream_Ag
S
queso1 said:

One more thing: the guy's granddaughter....what stupid element to add in at the end.
oh come on that was the most obvious thing in the whole movie
SeattleAgJr
I wonder as word of mouth gets out about this, whether it will break $1B globally....
SeattleAgJr
queso1 said:

nature finds a way. unless a plot contrivance is thrown in at the very last second....
AustinAg2K
SeattleAgJr said:

I wonder as word of mouth gets out about this, whether it will break $1B globally....

The Fast and the Furious movies top a billion dollars. Sometimes people don't care about a good plot and acting.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.