Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Adidas!!

6,184 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by AgfromHOU
aggies4life
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Why continue with adidas….highest bidder?
Justice Beaver
The Marksman
AG
Good. Adidas is far superior to Nike.
JohnLA762
AG
Damnit, I was really pulling for a sketchers deal…

NewEra2023
AG
All hail the crooked hats
Sponge
AG
Oh boy, the same Chinese factory that makes all adidas, Nike, etc clothing will have to keep up with the right logos.
reeb88
AG
Now bring back the 1939 Throwback uniforms!
AtticusMatlock
The contract term started in July 2022 and we're just now hearing about it?
greg.w.h
AG
AtticusMatlock said:

Oh the moral outrage…an Aggie being mad to try and incite fellow Aggies against the school.
AgsMyDude
AG
Unbelievable.

Now we'll never win a conference title.

/s
lotoarmy
AG
As an old, I'll never understand the fascination with a certain brand of uniforms. Of course, I am perfectly fine with wearing Walmart clothes.
Last of the Old Army
AGDAD14
Adidas is not my preference. Just don't bring back any gimmicky uniforms!

I thank God that Jimbo introduced us to Elko and brought back traditional recognizable Aggie uniforms!
NoahAg
Did we even consider British Knights or Starter?!
Matsui
AG
Facts
NoahAg
AGDAD14 said:

Adidas is not my preference. Just don't bring back any gimmicky uniforms!

I thank God that Jimbo introduced us to Elko and brought back traditional recognizable Aggie uniforms!

Yeah, players hate that.
/Oregon
SA-AG72
AG
lotoarmy said:

As an old, I'll never understand the fascination with a certain brand of uniforms. Of course, I am perfectly fine with wearing Walmart clothes.

You seem to be more of a Target kind of guy.
TexAggie1999
Who cares what the players like? The fans are the ones paying the bills. The players are just hired employees at this point. They get their money. They wear their work uniform.
Alex580
AG
I wonder if being a nike school over adidas is a recruiting advantage, I guess nothing matters besides NIL nowadays anyway.
TexAggie1999
Alex580 said:

I wonder if being a nike school over adidas is a recruiting advantage, I guess nothing matters besides NIL nowadays anyway.

I doubt it matters in the world of Pay for Play. I guess it may matter if Nike spends more for on college athletes for advertising and shows a preference for athletes frim Nike schools.
Aggie Class of 2026
More 56' throwbacks please!!!!
20ag07
Quote:

Why would it be a recruiting advantage?

17yos deciding between schools aren't wearing more Nike than Adidas.
greg.w.h
AG
20ag07 said:

Quote:

Why would it be a recruiting advantage?

17yos deciding between schools aren't wearing more Nike than Adidas.
Pat Henry may disagree…his contract permits him an exception from the Adidas relationship. Presumably that matters to him.
20ag07
Quote:

Pat Henry may disagree…his contract permits him an exception from the Adidas relationship. Presumably that matters to him.
The reason that Track is exempted from the rest of the relationship is that it is irrelevant to the business model.

Pat Henry isn't recruiting track athletes based on the brand of spikes that they wear.

And the rest of the relevant sports are not full of kids who are wearing Nike everyday and are disappointed they might have to wear Adidas.
JJxvi
AG
Is it really $9million+? Thats in the Notre Dame/Texas/Ohio State ballpark…it may even be more than Adidas previous experimental flagship (Louisville)
NoahAg
TexAggie1999 said:

Who cares what the players like? The fans are the ones paying the bills. The players are just hired employees at this point. They get their money. They wear their work uniform.

Like it or not, recruits care about that kind of thing.
20ag07
Quote:

There is not a recruit in America who cares about whether they are wearing Nike or Adidas.

It's not the 90s anymore.
greg.w.h
AG
20ag07 said:

Quote:

The reason that Track is exempted from the rest of the relationship is that it is irrelevant to the business model.

Pat Henry isn't recruiting track athletes based on the brand of spikes that they wear.

And the rest of the relevant sports are not full of kids who are wearing Nike everyday and are disappointed they might have to wear Adidas.

You didn't explain why Henry affiliates with Nike. You did wave your hands around a lot.
TexAggie1999
NoahAg said:

TexAggie1999 said:

They seem to care a lot more about their payments to play. It is now just a business. I doubt the work uniform is that big of a deal in a world of Pay for Play.

Who knows, some may care, but I suspect the dollar signs is primarily what matters at this point.
TyperWoods
Why not Puma?
Ag Tag
Y'all should read this, it's extremely interesting. It also explains how Puma grew out of Adidas:

Adidas - Wikipedia
Meximan
Nike's game has really fallen off. The Yankees disaster and the Olympic uniforms fiasco is showing how bad it's gotten there, like they're just piping designs through a badly prompted AI engine and hoping for the best. They can't even make colors match anymore and the unis are so sheer you can see the skid marks on players' underwear.

Adidas just has a much better overall game right now and they're highly motivated to topple Nike.
Faustus
20ag07 said:

Quote:

There is not a recruit in America who cares about whether they are wearing Nike or Adidas.

It's not the 90s anymore.

No doubt. As of 2021 Adidas had almost 30% of of the 130 FBS schools aligned with the brand.

https://boardroom.tv/ncaa-football-apparel-brand-partners/

Quote:

Arizona State, Arkansas State, Central Michigan, East Carolina, Eastern Michigan, FAU, FIU, Georgia Southern, Kansas, Indiana, Louisiana, Louisiana-Monroe, Louisiana Tech, Louisville, Massachusets, Miami (FL), Miami (OH), Mississippi State, NC State, Nebraska, Nevada, Northern Illinois, Ohio, Rice, Rutgers, San Jose State, South Alabama, South Florida, Southern Miss, Texas A&M, Texas State, Troy, Tulsa, UTSA, Washington, Western Michigan, Wyoming

Indianrider
AG
greg.w.h said:

AtticusMatlock said:

Oh the moral outrage…an Aggie being mad to try and incite fellow Aggies against the school.
Oh an obnoxious poster trying to be clever.
Indianrider
AG
greg.w.h said:

20ag07 said:

Quote:

You didn't explain why Henry affiliates with Nike. You did wave your hands around a lot.

I bet you really like to hear yourself talk and people avoid you like the plague at parties.
Ringo88
AG
"Traditional" to you because that's what they looked like when you were in school? We had stripes on the pants in the 70s through the early 80s, and only added the name on the front of the jersey during the middle of the Slocum years. That's why they look like high school/Big 12 uniforms.
I liked the Manziel era unis and thought they were much more distinctive than the 90s/ current ones.
It's all just opinions, man.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.