***Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom***

98,617 Views | 798 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Cromagnum
SeattleAgJr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
also like 3 different shots where the dino is RIGHT there within 2 feet or less, and not trying to attack.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Also, new/final trailer tomorrow...
phatpat21
TexasAggie_02
AG
this movie looks turrible
phatpat21
YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH
phatpat21
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
It'll be fun. I read both Crichton books and still love the movies...except for the 2nd one. Cause it was just dumb. But there's elements from both JP and JW in all of the movies. Would've been nice to see John Hammond get his though. They made him too nice in the movie.
Sapper Redux

Did they put a woman in a bikini on the roof of the Mosasaur's mouth?
TCTTS
AG
hurleyag
AG
Yep, I'm in!
TCTTS
AG
Looks... "cool," I guess... but I'm just not feeling/understanding the story at all. There's a "rescue" operation to save the all the remaining dinosaurs, but that turns out to be a lie because all the company really wants is Blue because they're creating yet another hybrid, this one a hybrid raptor because... why? I'm obviously not asking for all the answers from a trailer, but what we can glean just isn't compelling at all. Enough with hybrids and enough with "rescue missions."

And they're already writing and have set a date for the third (sixth) movie? This franchise is thin as can be at this point. What could yet another movie possibly be about, if this is what what we're getting for this go around?
The Collective
AG
There is something there that could be interesting. We will see what they do with it.
TexasAggie_02
AG
TCTTS said:

Looks... "cool," I guess... but I'm just not feeling/understanding the story at all. There's a "rescue" operation to save the all the remaining dinosaurs, but that turns out to be a lie because all the company really wants is Blue because they're creating yet another hybrid, this one a hybrid raptor because... why? I'm obviously not asking for all the answers from a trailer, but what we can glean just isn't compelling at all. Enough with hybrids and enough with "rescue missions."

And they're already writing and have set a date for the third (sixth) movie? This franchise is thin as can be at this point. What could yet another movie possibly be about, if this is for this go around?
pretty clear from the first movie that they wanted to weaponize the dinosaurs to fight wars.
TCTTS
AG
I do at least like that this one seems scarier/darker.
TCTTS
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

TCTTS said:

And they're already writing and have set a date for the third (sixth) movie? This franchise is thin as can be at this point. What could yet another movie possibly be about, if this is for this go around?
pretty clear from the first movie that they wanted to weaponize the dinosaurs to fight wars.
This just seems like the dumbest possible way to go about it. Which I guess is the point.
TexasAggie_02
AG
yeah, but the whole "spared no expense SHTF" scenario is played out, so they have to take it somewhere else
TexasAggie_02
AG
there was some scrapped concept art from the first JW of Human-dinosaur hybrids. Wonder if they'll got there in the 3rd installment?

Could have a planet of the Apes Spin-off trilogy that takes place 100 years in the future.
TexasAggie_02
AG
nevermind, it was from a scrapped Jurassic Park 4, not Jurassic World

Still, they kept the idea of weaponized dinosaurs, so maybe they'll revisit it?

https://www.cinemablend.com/new/See-Terrifying-Concept-Art-From-Jurassic-Park-4-Never-Happened-33467.html

TCTTS
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Could have a planet of the Apes Spin-off trilogy that takes place 100 years in the future.

Honestly? Give me that movie. Not talking/super-intelligent dinosaurs, but if the filmmakers somehow had the balls to end the third/sixth movie with the dinosaurs "winning" - and then set another trilogy years later, in a post-apocalyptic world where dinosaurs far outnumber humans - I'd be ALL IN on that.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, I covered a bunch of this earlier in the thread. I have that script. It's baaad, with maybe a couple of cool ideas.
Gigem314
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

yeah, but the whole "spared no expense SHTF" scenario is played out, so they have to take it somewhere else
And the whole "run from the T-Rex and raptors" thing is definitely played out. So I like what they're doing with it.

That first scene where they're next to the Rex starts out kind of reminiscent of Ellie with the triceratops in JP...then it turns quickly. A bit of a different take on the Rex, which is refreshing.

Looks fun. I'm definitely in.
israeliag
AG
TCTTS said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

Honestly? Give me that movie. Not talking/super-intelligent dinosaurs, but if the filmmakers somehow had the balls to end the third/sixth movie with the dinosaurs "winning" - and then set another trilogy years later, in a post-apocalyptic world where dinosaurs far outnumber humans - I'd be ALL IN on that.
A zombie movie but with dinos instead of ghouls is genius. Give me an I am Legend style take on dinosaurs, please!!!
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

In fact, it could go something like this...

1993 - Jurassic Park
1997 - The Lost World: Jurassic Park
2001 - Jurassic Park III

2015 - Jurassic World
2018 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
2021 - Jurassic World: Extinction

And then in 2024/25 or so... the Jurassic Reign trilogy, set years in the future. Planet of the Apes meets a hint of Mad Max: Fury Road... with dinosaurs.
TCTTS
AG
Oooh, I Am Legend is a great reference as well.

Ha, I'm legit excited about this idea now and will be disappointed if it doesn't happen.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Dinosaucers confirmed?

TCTTS
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

Yeah, sign me up for that. In fact, what don't you write it?
The Collective
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Dinosaucers confirmed?

Nice. Just seenig that made me think about how crappy dino entertainment was until JP came along.

As someone who was obsessed with dinosaurs as a child, it's pretty amazing that "The Land Before Time" was one of the better movies available until this franchise happened.

edit: can't type
TCTTS
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

TCTTS said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

Yeah, sign me up for that. In fact, what don't you write it?

Damn it. Don't tempt me.
jeffk
AG
CJS4715 said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

Dinosaucers confirmed?

Nice. Just seeming that made me think about crappy dino entertainment was until JP came along.

As someone who was obsessed with dinosaurs as a child, it's pretty amazing that "The Land Before Time" was one of the better movies available until this franchise happened.

Uhhh... Dinosaucers was amazing. So was Dino-Riders.

The Collective
AG
I vaguely remember Dino-riders as toys, but I must have missed the show. Was it nationally syndicated?
jeffk
AG
Yeah, I think so. All I know is those two shows dominated my after-school viewing for a couple years and then taught me the heartbreak that comes from realizing TV execs don't consult little kids when cancelling their favorite shows without warning.
Quad Dog
AG
That trailer has a great change of the original JP theme to make it more sinister. The original is still just an amazing piece of music.
Giggy Smalls
Jurassic World 3: DinoBABERS Rules the Earth!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.