***Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom***

99,006 Views | 798 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Cromagnum
Goro Majima
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah, well I do.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Waatch yo backkkk
PatAg
AG
This buster..
AMW2010
AG
Wellllll.... this explains the fate of Site B, Isla Sorna.... and even ties in JP 3...

I kinda like this, makes sense to me

https://uproxx.com/hitfix/jurassic-world-2-jurassic-park-franchise-plot-holes/
CDub06
AG
Some good action, but this was an eye-roller. So many stupid moments and no real heart. The plot and dialogue were whack.

In the trailer, they show the dino roaring at the lion. THAT is what I wanted to see. And by the end of the movie, I realized that the part that I've been waiting for is actually just a preview for the NEXT movie.
Mike Elko
AG
CDub06 said:

In the trailer, they show the dino roaring at the lion. THAT is what I wanted to see. And by the end of the movie, I realized that the part that I've been waiting for is actually just a preview for the NEXT movie.
Sucka.
Presley OBannons Sword
Brian Earl Spilner said:

AggieTurok said:

Brian Earl Spilner. That sounds like a serial killer name. Is that what you are?

Nah, man.

He was in my face
Goro Majima
AG
Presley OBannons Sword said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

AggieTurok said:

Brian Earl Spilner. That sounds like a serial killer name. Is that what you are?

Nah, man.

He was in my face
I'M IN YOUR FACE
Jim01
AG
Saw it last night. Wife and kids were out of town so figured it was worth it to see it on he big screen. Plus I have MoviePass.

I thought it was alright. Popcorn flic decent but definitely not great.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Relax! Don't push it. You EMBARRASS me.
Bobcat06
AG
The nanny was just an older clone who rapidly aged, right?

If Cromwell cloned his dead daughter in the 80s, she wouldn't still be the 9 year old in the movie. I assume there are deleted scenes that go into this.
_lefraud_
AG
CDub06 said:

So Mufasa was killed by Dinosaurs and NOT a heard of wildebeests?!?
schmendeler
AG
Bobcat06 said:

If Cromwell cloned his dead daughter in the 80s, she wouldn't still be the 9 year old in the movie. I assume there are deleted scenes that go into this.

i just assumed she was the nanny for his daughter when she was a girl. and that they just got the cloning right when the "granddaughter" was created.
Dro07
AG
ya i assumed they had a couple of failed cloning experiments which caused the rift.
FTACO97
AG
schmendeler said:

Bobcat06 said:

i just assumed she was the nanny for his daughter when she was a girl. and that they just got the cloning right when the "granddaughter" was created.
Yeah, the photo that was revealed was the nanny when she was younger raising the daughter. She made mention of "I raised both of them". This new girl was a clone of his daughter.
MrPlow2010
AG
I thought the cloning thing was dumb to introduce. Also I thought they were selling those dinosaurs for cheap. These were supposed to be the last ones on Earth and they are only going for a few million. The cost of all the last dinosaurs was like $120 million and the movie alone cost more than $170 in only production costs.

I wanted it to be good but I just didn't like this movie. The characters just get into crazy situations and they always find a way to solve it. The T-Rex blood scene seemed like it was only there to show us that they still use practical effects.

I also didn't like the tech guy. You don't need a comedy relief when you have Chris Pratt as your star.

Why didn't the billionaire old man have more of a medical staff? Surely he would have had a nurse there or something.

Not bad for a summer popcorn flick but disappointing for a Jurassic Park movie.
Jim01
AG
One beef I had. They mention early on that Blue has a 1 mile sense of smell. "You'll never get close to her." Hence why they need Owen. But then in the mansion with the Endoraptor they are just hiding behind things to try and escape. Wouldn't this even more advanced hybrid beast have that same sense of smell and be able to sniff them out in 2 seconds?
Cancelled
AG
Maybe I missed it, but how did the protagonists know that the gun/laser would direct the crazy dinosaur at the end?
Icecream_Ag
S
queso1 said:

Maybe I missed it, but how did the protagonists know that the gun/laser would direct the crazy dinosaur at the end?
they were watching when it was explained to the buyers
JJxvi
AG
The socioeconomic thing isn't really a big deal, in my eyes. As long as participation is strong, no matter where the players are coming from it should be enough. Even if they are rich (which does have advantages, btw) we have PLENTY of players playing soccer. The problem is development and identification of talent and the lack of an older cultural knowledge and coaching base which is gonna take a while longer to build.

IMO, it comes down to having an infrastructure where finding the most possible good players is incentivized. That's the problem with pay to play, its not that the players are well off or that there are no poor players, its that the clubs have an incentive not to find the best players, but to find more players who can pay the fees. Therefore it is inefficient, more than anything.

Baseball is a rich and middle class sport in this country, and yet we still develop world class talent in it, because we have created a culture and infrastructure over 100 years to find the best players, and also have a system to produce literally millions of people that have some knowledge to coach the game. A player from the Dominican that grew up dirt poor doesnt have an inherent ability advantage or disadvantage compared a middle class suburban white kid in the US, they are just the product of two different systems that both produce quality players.
TexasAggie_02
AG
JJxvi said:

The socioeconomic thing isn't really a big deal, in my eyes. As long as participation is strong, no matter where the players are coming from it should be enough. Even if they are rich (which does have advantages, btw) we have PLENTY of players playing soccer. The problem is development and identification of talent and the lack of an older cultural knowledge and coaching base which is gonna take a while longer to build.

IMO, it comes down to having an infrastructure where finding the most possible good players is incentivized. That's the problem with pay to play, its not that the players are well off or that there are no poor players, its that the clubs have an incentive not to find the best players, but to find more players who can pay the fees. Therefore it is inefficient, more than anything.

Baseball is a rich and middle class sport in this country, and yet we still develop world class talent in it, because we have created a culture and infrastructure over 100 years to find the best players, and also have a system to produce literally millions of people that have some knowledge to coach the game. A player from the Dominican that grew up dirt poor doesnt have an inherent ability advantage or disadvantage compared a middle class suburban white kid in the US, they are just the product of two different systems that both produce quality players.

Wrong forum.
Bruce Almighty
AG
JJxvi said:

It's a shame those Dominicans can't afford to visit a dinosaur park when it was their amber that started the whole thing.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Apuesto mil pesos que se cae.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
JJxvi said:

Look, Dude, this is a discussion about an action movie with some horror elements slipped in. I think you're way overanalyzing the situation here.
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
JJxvi
AG
You idiots just arent seeing the deeper ramifications of my post.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
double aught
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

He loves it!
ElCheAg
AG
More eye rolling than entertained.
Justin2010
AG
I liked it much more than JW. But less than JP amd LW.

Lots of plot holes, and the Asian vet was annoying. The comedic relief black guy got a total of one theater-wide laugh in my showing. (Seriously...was it bad delivery or weak writing? Both?)

Why is it so hard for Jurassic movies (other than the first one) to make memorable characters who seem like more than vehicles to move the plot?

I did really like that they went in a new direction. Haunted mansion idea was creative and fun. Genuinely scary at times.

Also was cool too finally let the dinos loose on the world. Although I really wonder if letting at most a few dozen dinos out would really be as catastrophic for the world as Ian Malcom keeps saying. There are lots of guns in this country and dinosaurs aren't bulletproof.

Overall I enjoyed it though.

1. Jurassic Park

2. The Lost World

3. JW2

4. JW

5. JP3
c-jags
Just got out.

I liked it overall but agree with a lot of the criticisms.

The two assistant side characters were completely unnecessary. Mainly just the IT guy. Maybe I take that personally because I'm an IT guy and hunt, fish, run trails and am the complete opposite of that guy, but I just didn't like him onscreen at all and wanted to punch him.

I also felt like Pratt phoned that one in a bit. Still comes off as his normal self, but he seemed elsewhere for a lot of it. And I love Chris Pratt.

I did like the idea of the horror house at the end and felt like they did a great job at a new way to have dinosaurs terrorize people. Stalking through the house and having it take place in a Dino museum gave some cool elements.
The Lost
MrPlow2010 said:

I thought the cloning thing was dumb to introduce. Also I thought they were selling those dinosaurs for cheap. These were supposed to be the last ones on Earth and they are only going for a few million. The cost of all the last dinosaurs was like $120 million and the movie alone cost more than $170 in only production costs.

Why was cloning dumb? It's the natural evolution of cloning going from animals to humans. That's what people in the real world want too. I thought it made perfect sense and tied in with the girl letting them out to the world.

Pricing is not as crazy as you think. What the hell do you do with a dinosaur when you buy it? It's not like they all come with a Chris Pratt and s play pin. Most company's bought out by Facebook/google you could argue are undervalued too for their potential but you still have to do something with them.
M.C. Swag
AG
The Lost said:

MrPlow2010 said:

Why was cloning dumb? It's the natural evolution of cloning going from animals to humans. That's what people in the real world want too. I thought it made perfect sense and tied in with the girl letting them out to the world.

Pricing is not as crazy as you think. What the hell do you do with a dinosaur when you buy it? It's not like they all come with a Chris Pratt and s play pin. Most company's bought out by Facebook/google you could argue are undervalued too for their potential but you still have to do something with them.

Can't believe this is an actual blockbuster movie conversation.
TyHolden
AG
They need to end this. That was crap.
Urban Ag
AG
Taking the family this week. I will expend zero F's over analyzing this and just have fun.
Belton Ag
AG
Took my daughter to see it after she asked me and had fun and enjoyed it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.