Academy Awards

72,044 Views | 626 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tanya 93
oragator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bunk Moreland said:

I don't. Check ABC news twitter maybe?

There were 2 main moments. The first when beatty was acting all weird before Faye took the card and announced, and the other when stage managers ran out and the la la producer yanked the correct card from beatty and told everyone moonlight won

Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Replace the stars with a word that rymes with duck
oragator
JAggie2007 said:

oragator said:

Damn it oragator, you're supposed to keep r/cfb separate from the animals here at TexAgs, although hopefully most of those at the zoo haven't wandered over here into the entertainment board.
Didn't know It was a thing, I shall endeavor to do better!
Bunk Moreland

Ok. Its all over. Internet has been won. No need to keep looking for anything funny.
TCTTS
AG
Still can't believe that happened. Literally nothing would shock me anymore. I'll say it again, but between the Cavs being down 3-1, the Cubs winning the World Series, Trump as POTUS, the Patriots' comeback, and now this... it's like we're being prepped for an announcement of the existence of aliens of something. And I legitimately would be like "Fine" at this point.
Bunk Moreland
Bunk Moreland said:

Ok. Its all over. Internet has been won. No need to keep looking for anything funny.

Bunk you ignorant ****! You read the wrong winner. It's actually this.

TCTTS
AG
What makes the whole thing even more surreal is that I know the black guy standing next to Emma Stone. He's John Legend's producing partner, and my business partners and I were in the middle of texting him congrats when it happened...

RiverDog
tk for tu juan
Haha the Curb music
oragator
In a way it's hilarious and kind of fitting given how pretentious Hollywood can be, but on the other hand up to that point i thought thiswas the best oscars I have seen. The production value has gone up exponentially in the last few years, it was on schedule more or less, Kimmel did well, the bits mostly worked. Sucks for them that this is what it will be remembered for, pretty much for forever.
GreasenUSA
AG
Yeah, the Oscars need to clarify what exactly happened, otherwise Beatty is going to get a lot of unfair blame.
oragator
GreasenUSA said:

Yeah, the Oscars need to clarify what exactly happened, otherwise Beatty is going to get a lot of unfair blame.
Apparently he was given the second best actress envelope by mistake.
Backstage they realized they still had two beset picture envelopes and the Price Waterhouse guys freaked out because they knew it was wrong.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4250270/Oscars-DISASTER-La-La-Land-named-best-movie-winner.html
reb,
AG
Fwiw I follow 1000 Twitter accounts and by & large Beatty is off the hook, no one blaming him
reb,
AG
@MissUniverse: Have your people call our people - we know what to do. #Oscars #MissUniverse
jabberwalkie09
AG
Dude why.... Why did you have to post that picture? Game of Thrones gave us enough wang in the last season or so to last us awhile.
GreasenUSA
AG
Correct, and it's obvious to me that's what happened. The Oscars need to officially clarify for others, IMO. It's the right thing to do.
TCTTS
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

TCTTS said:

Still can't believe that happened. Literally nothing would shock me anymore. I'll say it again, but between the Cavs being down 3-1, the Cubs winning the World Series, Trump as POTUS, the Patriots' comeback, and now this... it's like we're being prepped for an announcement of the existence of aliens of something. And I legitimately would be like "Fine" at this point.

i keep thinking of more....

Clemson over Bama

All the celeb deaths

Kim Jong whathisname assassinated in a bizarre crazy pan using nerve gas

Kanye tweeted he was $53 million in debt and asked Mark Zuckerburg for money

weird Jonny Depp stuff - taking dogs into Australia and apologizing in a video, then the bizzarro splitup

Adele beating Beyonce and everyone basically losing it

the whole T Swift, Kanye, kim phone message thing about a song lyric...WTF

Ryan Lochte lying at the olympics about being robbed caused an international incident

Seriously I'm with you....some weird ass **** has been happening.....I could totally buy an alien invasion right now.

It has been so weird the last year or so that THIS happened and nobody batted an eye...yes thats Orlando Bloom paddle boarding naked with Katy Perry.....

So well said and so many crazy instances I forgot about. Sh*t's going down.
AggieTFA06
AG
I didn't watch the Oscars because I got the sense that the Russians were going to rig it.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
oragator
GreasenUSA said:

Correct, and it's obvious to me that's what happened. The Oscars need to officially clarify for others, IMO. It's the right thing to do.
As someone who had to write public statements from time to time, I can 100% guranteee there will be one by morning if not before, but not before they are 100% sure of what happened and can draft something to that effect...but their biggest fear now is making a statement that proves to be even 1% wrong, it has to be airtight in its accuracy or they will be even worse off than they are now. Every single person in the chain of those envelopes is being grilled right now.
double aught
AG
Going back to earlier in the show, I liked that Ryan Gosling stood up to meet the tour bus people. Seems like a good dude...a stand up guy even.
TCTTS
AG
I saw someone on Twitter point that out as well. Such a good dude.
oragator
My favorite moment of the night was when Catherine Johnson came out.
How amazing is it that a woman who toiled in obscurity after having done so much for this country got to be recognized by a billion people at age 98?
fig96
AG
double aught said:

Going back to earlier in the show, I liked that Ryan Gosling stood up to meet the tour bus people. Seems like a good dude...a stand up guy even.
We were talking about that, he seemed to be genuinely chatting with them.

Denzel was great too.
PatAg
AG
double aught said:

Looked like he gave that first guy stuff from his goodie bag even
Scotch
AG
RiverDog said:

Don't understand why anyone blames Warren. He was handed an envelope. He opened it, read it silently to himself, and was obviously confused by what it said. He even seemed to be looking to the wings for help. Then he showed it to Faye and she immediately read it aloud.

It's somebody's fault, but not his.
Exactly, and I really didn't like the la La Land producer cutting off Beatty from coming to the mic when he was obviously going to announce the actual winner. That just added to the confusion.
The Debt
People who can't run an award show want to tell us how to run a country
Liquid Wrench
JAggie2007 said:

oragator said:

Damn it oragator, you're supposed to keep r/cfb separate from the animals here at TexAgs, although hopefully most of those at the zoo haven't wandered over here into the entertainment board.
Yeah man, wouldn't want to let the cat out of the bag about reddit. You've got to be pretty hip to even know about that place.
Bullpen Chias
AG
double aught said:

Sat next to him on a plane four years ago. He was genuinely the nicest person I have ever talked to on a plane - and I fly every week. He was asking questions about me and my work and appeared very interested and continued asking follow-up questions. He was very unguarded about the challenges he faces in acting etc. I couldn't believe it. Nicest dude ever.
wesag
AG
vwbug said:

Count me as absolutely loving seeing this happen. Guess hollywood was too busy with anti trump this and that to get the cards organized correctly. Hilarious!!

There's an entire board for this BS. Spare us.
wesag
AG
Has the show ended?
Btron
AG
What does this do, of anything, to help promote the oscars? Can they make more money after the fact with this type of event and general public response? Will they lose money because of the PR storm etc.
just curious
ShotOver
AG
TCTTS said:

What makes the whole thing even more surreal is that I know the black guy standing next to Emma Stone. He's John Legend's producing partner, and my business partners and I were in the middle of texting him congrats when it happened...

....oooh look at me...
Sex Panther
AG
Bullpen Chias said:

double aught said:

Sat next to him on a plane four years ago. He was genuinely the nicest person I have ever talked to on a plane - and I fly every week. He was asking questions about me and my work and appeared very interested and continued asking follow-up questions. He was very unguarded about the challenges he faces in acting etc. I couldn't believe it. Nicest dude ever.

Dammit, why the **** didn't I talk to him at the gym
Jim01
AG
What an ending!

La La Land was the best picture of the year to me so sad it didn't win, but I have no problem with Moonlight. It was a powerful and moving movie.

I was glad my top three of the year (La La Land, Manchester By The Sea, and Moonlight) all got lots of love. Particularly cool that the main visionary behind each took home a personal statue (Damien for Director, Barry and Kenneth for Screenplay).

SUPER pumped Casey Affleck held off Denzel. He deserved it. And one of the sweetest moments of the night, to me, was the look on Ben's face watching Casey speak and watching him all the way offstage. The look of pride and love and tears on his face was really one of brotherly love to me, Like "Holy hell I'm watching my little brother win a frickin OSCAR!"

GiveEmHellBill
AG

Saw that thread that just got deleted and it seems like this thread saddened TCTTS.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.