Academy Awards

69,175 Views | 626 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tanya 93
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wow. First of all, what a **** up.

Second of all, what a douchy pick by the Academy. Seriously? Moonlight?
Olsen
AG
Warren will not be invited to the Oscars again
TAZ99
AG
Hahaha, I guess we won't be having 80 year olds present best picture anymore. Who's freaking idea was that?
Sex Panther
AG
Holy *****.. I can't believe I missed it
oragator
DSAg44 said:

i wonder if that was planned...
No chance.
PatAg
AG
I haven't seen it yet, so I can't speak on if it was deserved or not.
Ervin Burrell
AG
The way the La La Land guy played it off made me think it was planned.
MECH Abe
AG
That seemed fake and staged for controversy.
Ag Since 83
AG
OK so when Leo and Emma Stone walked off the stage Leo had the envelope with her name in his hand...WTF happened after that
Bunk Moreland
If it wasn't planned, props to lala land guy for owning it like he did.
TCTTS
AG
Zemira said:

So as I mentioned I am not watching, but following here.

Can everyone lay off TCTTS? Seriously one of the best posters on the entertainment board due to his insight into the industry. Do I agree with everything he says? No, of course not.

He takes time out of his I am sure busy life to come hang out with us on Texags. He gives inside knowledge and experiences when he can. Does that mean we are going think he's Hollywood? Of course not.

He deals with "Hollywood" and the industry we all spend countless hours critiquing every day. He sure as hell know a lot more about the actors, producers, screenwriters, directors, etc. than any layman will ever know.

So if he says something just take a breath and calm down before you respond. You are all attacking the poor man like a lost liberal on the politics board. Yes we post on an echo chamber. So just realize everyone might not hold the same damn opinion as you and chill the **** out.
Much appreciated. Thank you.
Sex Panther
AG
Really?? Moonlight?
Btron
AG
I'm just glad it went that way and not moonlight winning just to have it taken away
TyHolden
AG
MECH Abe said:

yep
PatAg
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

doubt
RadAg14
AG
New week, new meme
TAZ99
AG

if you missed it.
TCTTS
AG
oragator
I just went back and rewatched it, you can see Emma say "oh my god" to someone else back there twice, and right before that you can see the look on her face when she finds out.
Ag by Vows
MECH Abe said:

I think Hollywood takes itself too seriously to stage something like that during the Oscars.
Big Al 1992
AG
Just rewatched - Warren should have stopped right there - he looked like he was but Faye read it anyway. And it took full minute for producer to run up and start actually taking away statues.
PatAg
AG
Oscar people better come out and say it was their fault quick if it was.
Bunk Moreland
DSAg44 said:

MECH Abe said:

yep

There's absolutely no way it was staged.

Too many people involved and the academy would be seen as the joke of all jokes.

They're a joke enough for choosing moonlight. They wouldn't double down on stupid by staging that
PatAg
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Just rewatched - Warren should have stopped right there - he looked like he was but Faye read it anyway. And it took full minute for producer to run up and start actually taking away statues.
Like...how are there not producers on the sidestage in their line of sight for this exact reason? Once something seemed off, they could have easily prevented it..or just have it be on the teleprompter too
jabberwalkie09
AG
The entertainment board regulars has never gone full shark frenzy on TCTTS like you will see on the politics board, or in the zoo during football season.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I can't believe what I just saw.
Post removed:
by user
PatAg
AG
Because we aren't pyschopaths like the politics boards. Why don't you take your act back there?
Olsen
AG
Steve Harvey is the most relaxed man in the world right now.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Warren said the card said "Emma Stone and La La Land"...Faye just assumed the movie listed was the winner and read it.

Warren actually didn't do anything...he was confused by the card and was trying to figure it out.

Must have been a complete duplicate card? I can;t imagine the already opened one for best actress got reopened.
Bunk Moreland
lots of serious "reparations" tweets going around right now. Pathetic.

Moonlight was probably 5th on that list of 10 at best. They just hit every check box for "ways to win an oscar for best picture due to bleeding heart Academy" and I guess it worked out.

That was such a terrible choice.

Feel bad for Faye and Warren. He did not want to hand the card to her, but he knew that was his direction.
Zemira
AG
This is true but way to make the entertainment board seem hostile to anyone that wandered over to see what was going on with the Oscars.
jabberwalkie09
AG
PatAg said:

Because we aren't pyschopaths like the politics boards. Why don't you take your act back there?

Because I hardly post on that board and regularly post here?

Who pissed in your cheerios today? Anything else I can post here that you don't like and don't want to read to warrant such a response or better yet the response you gave much earlier but ignored?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

Anyone who thinks this was staged is a moron, no offense.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.