Academy Awards

70,913 Views | 626 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tanya 93
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's not a new thing, isn't this one notorious for running late? (and to some extent, all of them)
TCTTS
AG
Lonergan! Yes! So glad La La Land didn't win this one.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Deputy Travis Junior said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

TCTTS will be along shortly to remind you that he is a moderate and that it's too risky for anyone in Hollywood to take an ultra left leaning stance.
FFS leave this 3rd grade goading on the politics board.

He has a different opinion than you do. It isn't the end of the world. You don't have to mock or convert him, like some door-to-door Jehovah's Witness. Just leave him be so the rest of us don't have to read this nonsense.

TCTTS also didn't have to respond to guys on their opinions either, but sure I'll take the hit on this one.

But to say that you just don't see it or get the impression is like pretty much denial. Especially when you look at twitter and Facebook, I really don't get how someone in Hollywood as connected as TCTTS is can say that Hollywood isn't left leaning. Granted, I don't think Hollywood is on the same level as say Richard Gere who iirc was boo'ed at the oscars like 15 years ago.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

TCTTS, any chance Portman steals best actress?

I went out on a limb and predicted her even though Stone is an overwhelming favorite

she should....no comparison between the two.
Post removed:
by user
jabberwalkie09
AG
TCTTS said:

And?

Nothing else, just that your incoming response was going to be predictable because you've posted something similar before.
PatAg
AG
Great contribution to a thread about the Oscars
Post removed:
by user
FancyKetchup14
AG
Yep. It's actually the first time amazon has been up for the oscars.
jabberwalkie09
AG
PatAg said:

Great contribution to a thread about the Oscars

Happy to oblige.

TCTTS
AG
Seriously, can you read? Legitimately asking. I don't know how many times I've said that YES, Hollywood is left leaning. OBVIOUSLY. Without a shadow of a doubt. I'm just saying that not EVERYONE in Hollywood is, and that it's harder than you guys think to push a leftist agenda through the Hollywood machine and into a produced movie. That's it and that's all.
PatAg
AG
Richard Linklater steps up to the mic (this goes out to all the white guys who grew up middle class in the suburbs)
nickstro66
AG
I think this thread has been more political than the actual ceremony
Post removed:
by user
Aggies76
AG
It runs this late all the time right?
Bunk Moreland
Agree. It also helped imo that Kimmel set the tone the way he did at the beginning.

Again I say...it's refreshing when people come up there and if they have to get soapboxy...at least make it FOR something, not AGAINST something.

The simple switch in tone changes the entire perspective.

Oh, and Halle Berry lookin good.
fig96
AG
Does Halle Berry age? Wow.
Post removed:
by user
Deputy Travis Junior
Quote:

But to say that you just don't see it or get the impression is like pretty much denial. Especially when you look at twitter and Facebook, I really don't get how someone in Hollywood as connected as TCTTS is can say that Hollywood isn't left leaning. Granted, I don't think Hollywood is on the same level as say Richard Gere who iirc was boo'ed at the oscars like 15 years ago.
The point is that you don't have to argue with people who hold opinions that differ from your own. It's actually possible to swallow your comments and barbs, not call somebody out, and just let things lie.
Olsen
AG
At 32 years old, youngest director to win Best Director.
Post removed:
by user
PatAg
AG
I always enjoy it more when I see them give a speech about what they are thankful for and it feels heartfelt and genuine, usually to people involved in their life.
TCTTS
AG
Can't argue with that.
jabberwalkie09
AG
TCTTS said:

Seriously, can you read? Legitimately asking. I don't know how many times I've said that YES, Hollywood is left leaning. OBVIOUSLY. Without a shadow of a doubt. I'm just saying that not EVERYONE in Hollywood is, and that it's harder than you guys think to push a leftist agenda through the Hollywood machine and into a produced movie. That's it and that's all.

Look, I agree that's the case for films made by studios and to an extent tv shows. However, the influence the people starring in these movies goes beyond the screen.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Chazelle wins before Affleck.
Bunk Moreland
PatAg said:

I always enjoy it more when I see them give a speech about what they are thankful for and it feels heartfelt and genuine, usually to people involved in their life.

Agree 1000%. I just meant if they feel they must get political/make a statement...positive unifying tone works so much better.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Deputy Travis Junior said:

Quote:

The point is that you don't have to argue with people who hold opinions that differ from your own. It's actually possible to swallow your comments and barbs, not call somebody out, and just let things lie.

Dude, right back at you.
TCTTS
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

TCTTS said:

Look, I agree that's the case for films made by studios and to an extent tv shows. However, the influence the people starring in these movies goes beyond the screen.
Right. I agree completely. I truly don't understand what you're arguing.
FancyKetchup14
AG
Affleck for best actor? Fingers crossed.
PatAg
AG
agreed
PatAg
AG
There are some years where one actor just stands out above all the rest, but I've had a hard time deciding who I think should win this year.
tk for tu juan
Envy Adams cleans up well

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.