Academy Awards

70,923 Views | 626 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tanya 93
oragator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PatAg
AG
So if I'm wrong, please point out to where you contributed anything to the conversation on this thread other than attacking TC seemingly out of nowhere, multiple times?
InternetFan02
AG
Emma was holding the card the whole time. Are there multiple cards normally?

Big Al 1992
AG
TexasAggies06
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Leo right now:
Ag Since 83
AG
If only Beatty had been holding the Best Makeup envelope...
TyHolden
AG
InternetFan02 said:

Somebody's lying
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
InternetFan02 said:

Not possible and disproven by video evidence.

Leo never gave it to her...he was carrying it as they walked offstage.

Now maybe he gave it to her backstage I guess we don't know....but he clearly opened a best actress envelope.
Bunk Moreland
I wish that had happened to Leo last year and he would have been spurned again
InternetFan02
AG
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

One thing for sure....Matt Damon will never let Jimmy Kimmel live that down - even though he had nothing to do with it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I love that literally the entire internet is investigating this thing trying to figure out what happened. It's like Snake Eyes.
jabberwalkie09
AG
PatAg said:

So if I'm wrong, please point out to where you contributed anything to the conversation on this thread other than attacking TC seemingly out of nowhere, multiple times?
Because the board is limited to one thread, and one night.
oragator
bbattbq01
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

One thing for sure....Matt Damon will never let Jimmy Kimmel live that down - even though he had nothing to do with it.

Jimmy missed the opportunity to blame it on Matt.
BassCowboy33
Couldn't have happened to a more self-righteous film.
fig96
AG
I really thought that was coming at the very end
Ag Since 83
AG
oragator said:

So probably they screwed up splitting the envelopes into two briefcases at their office, putting the 2nd best actress envelope in the same briefcase instead of a Best Picture envelope. So one briefcase has 2 Best Actresses and one has 2 Best Pictures. Then at the show they empty one briefcase and hand Beatty the last one left in that briefcase.

If that's truly what happened, if they had gone by the other briefcase Leo would have had a weird moment trying to figure out the Best Actress envelope
Flashdiaz
AG
Someone check the envelope for best Visual Effects! I bet Rogue One actually win it.
oragator
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
TCTTS said:

I feel like that is snubbing bill Murray.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

OK Leo may be blameless then.....could be from the 2nd set somehow.

Hey Warren....maybe check the front?

And what about the backstage handlers - they should be checking and double checking each envelope.

Bet we will hear how the last 3 awards were rushed and that led to confusion. Cuz they were running so late.
redd38
AG
Anyone have a link to video of the whole thing? I wasn't watching
Zemira
AG
Okay I'm blaming the accounting firm
TexasAggies06
AG
Bunk Moreland
Zombie Jon Snow said:

OK Leo may be blameless then.....could be from the 2nd set somehow.

Hey Warren....maybe check the front?

And what about the backstage handlers - they should be checking and double checking each envelope.

Bet we will hear how the last 3 awards were rushed and that led to confusion. Cuz they were running so late.

Bro. They're A list iconic actors. It's not their responsibility in their mind to ever check that stuff. They assume (and should) that the envelope is correct. I mean, someone different may have noticed but I'm not gonna hold it against him for grabbing an envelope 5 seconds before walking on stage and not reviewing it with a red pen for edits.
Bunk Moreland
redd38 said:

It's all over twitter and the Internet. Just Google it.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
that was kinda off the cuff joking....about Warren...but most people would read the envelope to double check if not before then onstage when he realized it was not right...i mean i get that he is senile but anyway.

notice I proceeded to then mention the Handlers - the backstage crew or accounting firm types. truly it is them...and you are right the "talent" can never be counted on for that type of accuracy and security.

oragator
Bunk Moreland
I hear ya, but I just don't see it. I'm the kind of person (and I assume you are too) that would probably look at the envelope back and forth. But as I've learned in my professional life, I cant project my own protocols and assume others would do the same.

I don't even think it has to be an old/senile thing. In a moment like that, I think Warren and Faye are focused on not ****ing up their bit. Reviewing the envelope probably was the last thing on their minds.

But yeah. What a **** up.
redd38
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

redd38 said:

It's all over twitter and the Internet. Just Google it.

You got a link to one that shows the whole thing? All I've found is the part where they say Moonlight is the winner.
JAggie2007
AG
oragator said:

Damn it oragator, you're supposed to keep r/cfb separate from the animals here at TexAgs, although hopefully most of those at the zoo haven't wandered over here into the entertainment board.
Bunk Moreland
I don't. Check ABC news twitter maybe?

There were 2 main moments. The first when beatty was acting all weird before Faye took the card and announced, and the other when stage managers ran out and the la la producer yanked the correct card from beatty and told everyone moonlight won
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
https://www.google.com/amp/screengrabber.deadspin.com/oscars-****-up-best-picture-announcement-1792773241/amp

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.