Academy Awards

70,915 Views | 626 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tanya 93
Simplebay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
come back TC. this is coming from me.
The Collective
AG
Simplebay said:

come back TC. this is coming from me.

TCTTS is my entertainment twitter. /insert "I need him" Anakin gif
TXCityAggie
AG
I finally got a chance to rewatch everything as it happened. Watching Emma Stone's reaction and how she handled it on stage makes me love her even more!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

I'm sure Brian will like that.
wesag
AG
TXCityAggie said:

I finally got a chance to rewatch everything as it happened. Watching Emma Stone's reaction and how she handled it on stage makes me love her even more!
Shes got the hot. Just not the nice eyes / melons hot.
fig96
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

fig96 said:

If you want to start a thread about Hollywood politics then fine, go for it.

But piling on one poster for something that wasn't actually said (which he clarified then you continued to pound the point home) is just dumb. It was made pretty clear by most involved in this discussion that we didn't want to talk politics.

TCTTS may have different views than I do on some things politically, but I don't care. He brings an insight to this board that makes for a lot more interesting discussion.
That's been done before about various films before. I don't see a reason to start a thread about politics in Hollywood/film/tv when we vastly know the politics of those involved and it won't get much discussion, even more so if it pertains to the topic at hand. And no, TC doesn't get a pass on it because he focuses on the motive for movies and is knowledgeable of the industry.

TC was hardly being piled on, and I was driving the point home to make the point that the Oscars aren't about entertainment as much as they are about Hollywood being themselves, of which their politics aren't a mutually exclusive topic.

Sorry I apparently offended your delicate sensibilities.
Actually, I just went back and double-checked. His comments were about the general perception of Hollywood and the industry, you're the one who interjected about his political views. He also clarified that a lot of people there could care less about politics.

You are the one who continued to push the issue and state what other people think politically, so don't try to make it sound like we're trying to give someone else a pass on our general policy of little to no political discussion. You apparently felt we needed to understand your viewpoint, because the first 4 times you posted about it we really didn't get it.

I wasn't the least bit offended, nor are my sensibilities delicate. I was, however, annoyed, because several people asked you to drop it, you didn't and it was cluttering the conversation.
Zemira
AG
If y'all idiots ran off TCTTS I am going to be seriously pissed. I will take names and kick some ass.

I made an entire post about knocking off the harassment of the poor guy and was told it wasn't as bad as the Zoo or politics board.

Yes this is a message board and so you need a bit thicker skin but harassing one guy because he's an Aggie in Hollywood is ridiculous. One can only put up with so much BSC before you go you know Texags isn't worth it because they insist on attacking me for no reason.
The Collective
AG
VanZandt92 said:

I'll bump Hobbit threads if you all don't leave TCTTS be.

Actually starting a Hobbit debate on this thread would be the perfect way to end this madness...
TCTTS
AG
Ha, I truly appreciate the support, guys. But really, I haven't been run off, I'm definitely not "sad," I didn't have my feelings hurt, and I honestly could not care less what certain people here think of me. I've dealt with enough haters and disagreement on this board over the past decade or so that it honestly just rolls right off.

As for taking a break, I meant like a day or so while things simmer down. I took the bait when I shouldn't have in regards to all the Hollywood/liberal stuff, and it doesn't help that some of the most vocal people here have the reading comprehension of a third grader when it comes to that topic and only hear what they want to hear.

But yeah, truly, this isn't that big of deal. It's just when I start seeing multiple thread titles with my handle in them I know it's time to back off and take a little break. I'm tired of all the talk, and I can only imagine how sick of this everyone else is. But I'm not going anywhere. Just wanted to give things a chance to chill a bit.
BQ78
AG
Original post to start this thread

Quote:

Pretty sure its this weekend. Looking forward to all the politics that come up

But let's not talk about it. Ya'll stay in your safe place on Entertainment and keep worshiping the elites.
jabberwalkie09
AG
fig96 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

fig96 said:

If you want to start a thread about Hollywood politics then fine, go for it.

But piling on one poster for something that wasn't actually said (which he clarified then you continued to pound the point home) is just dumb. It was made pretty clear by most involved in this discussion that we didn't want to talk politics.

TCTTS may have different views than I do on some things politically, but I don't care. He brings an insight to this board that makes for a lot more interesting discussion.
That's been done before about various films before. I don't see a reason to start a thread about politics in Hollywood/film/tv when we vastly know the politics of those involved and it won't get much discussion, even more so if it pertains to the topic at hand. And no, TC doesn't get a pass on it because he focuses on the motive for movies and is knowledgeable of the industry.

TC was hardly being piled on, and I was driving the point home to make the point that the Oscars aren't about entertainment as much as they are about Hollywood being themselves, of which their politics aren't a mutually exclusive topic.

Sorry I apparently offended your delicate sensibilities.
Actually, I just went back and double-checked. His comments were about the general perception of Hollywood and the industry, you're the one who interjected about his political views. He also clarified that a lot of people there could care less about politics.

You are the one who continued to push the issue and state what other people think politically, so don't try to make it sound like we're trying to give someone else a pass on our general policy of little to no political discussion. You apparently felt we needed to understand your viewpoint, because the first 4 times you posted about it we really didn't get it.

I wasn't the least bit offended, nor are my sensibilities delicate. I was, however, annoyed, because several people asked you to drop it, you didn't and it was cluttering the conversation.

What I said is very little different in content from what TCTTS has said in the past, in fact I think it was brought up recently in another thread. It was sarcastic sure, but not off the mark from what he's said in the past. Same with the comment about how people in Hollywood could care less about politics, however I disagree with that when you look at various people in Hollywood that the assertion seems to be in direct conflict. Sure Bob Iger, Kathleen Kennedy, and other highly visible studio heads keep their heads down.

The reason politics aren't generally discussed is because this board, by in large, doesn't like conflict. No issue with that, but you also can just as easily choose not to respond to the comment/post/quip. Just like the opposite is true that was said earlier on (before I even came in) that TCTTS was spending quite a bit of time responding to people who clearly lost interest or didn't want to watch from the get go because of some perception they had that it was going to be political.

And it was hardly cluttering up the thread. Go see a Tanya thread on the politics board for that. Scroll right on past it if you don't want to read it.
mazag08
AG
Zemira said:

If y'all idiots ran off TCTTS I am going to be seriously pissed. I will take names and kick some ass.

I made an entire post about knocking off the harassment of the poor guy and was told it wasn't as bad as the Zoo or politics board.

Yes this is a message board and so you need a bit thicker skin but harassing one guy because he's an Aggie in Hollywood is ridiculous. One can only put up with so much BSC before you go you know Texags isn't worth it because they insist on attacking me for no reason.

On a message board, people like to argue their point. Did many of us cross a line in singling him out? I can't object to that. But he was always first to respond in length and detail. He's pretty much top dog here on Hollywood related topics and knows more about the inner workings than most of us care to. He's of course going to be the one who disagreements are pinpointed at. And I don't think he wants to shy away from that. I think he embraces it. I personally would like to apologize for being ultra combative, which was absolutely uncalled for. And I don't blame him for the ways in which he responded.

I don't think this board is above discussing some of the topics that are considered toxic in most places. This place can and should be somewhere where a more level headed discussion can take place without name calling and taking offense. He represents a pretty open minded version of one side. I feel like a lot us, myself first and foremost, can represent our points better while not having to resort to childish banter and aggressive platitudes.

TCTTS, come back. I'm still going to oppose you on certain topics. But I will absolutely do so in a more constructive and respectful manner. I think others feel the same way.
Teacher_Ag
AG
Mine (that I think got deleted) was just joking about the board in general. Wasn't trying to run you off.
Jason Ag
AG
My phone died a couple moths ago and I had to wait over a weekend to get a new one. It was nice to go without it for a few days, which included Texags. You won't lose any sanity for sure!
jabberwalkie09
AG
Teacher_Ag said:

Mine (that I think got deleted) was just joking about the board in general. Wasn't trying to run you off.
I think it was great at mocking everyone involved, myself included, when I stepped back and read it.
fig96
AG
Holy crap dude, you pushed an issue on a thread that no one else was talking about and wasn't relevant. Don't try to blame it on the board or someone else.

We don't like talking politics here because we're here to talk about movies and television shows, and without fail when someone gets into politics it turns into a random argument that takes away from whatever else folks are trying to discuss. We are consciously avoiding turning into the Politics board.

You want to chat politics, grab a beer and go talk to a person. No one wins an internet political argument.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well, wouldn't you know it, I kind of feel bad for La La Land now.
jabberwalkie09
AG
fig96 said:

Holy crap dude, you pushed an issue on a thread that no one else was talking about and wasn't relevant. Don't try to blame it on the board or someone else.

We don't like talking politics here because we're here to talk about movies and television shows, and without fail when someone gets into politics it turns into a random argument that takes away from whatever else folks are trying to discuss. We are consciously avoiding turning into the Politics board.

You want to chat politics, grab a beer and go talk to a person. No one wins an internet political argument.
Sorry, but I disagree since I had been watching the thread since it was posted early in the day and had been something mentioned fairly early on IIRC. This is one of the few times during the year, like I said, that politics aren't mutually exclusive if it gets brought up.

And you're spending an awful lot of time on me rather than the point, which I don't think you've disagreed with. Anyways, I'm done on this if you're done on it.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
fig96 said:

This applies on TA.....same as on FB

The Collective
AG
Time for this thread to go the way of the Hollywood child diddler thread.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sex Panther
AG
Someone post pics from the fappening... that way it gets nuked in a board topical fashion
jabberwalkie09
AG
Who will volunteer as tribute?
The Collective
AG
Sex Panther said:

Someone post pics from the fappening... that way it gets nuked in a board topical fashion

*switches to mobile*
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

One of the worst scenes of one of the worst villains in one of the worst sequels ever. At this point, I wanted to scream at the screen "JUST F-ING DIE, ALREADY!!!"
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Sex Panther said:

Isn't this exactly how you got banned the Heisman night?
fig96
AG
I don't even care about the point because it wasn't relevant, it was something you interjected into the discussion after bringing someone else's political views into the discussion. And I am addressing you, rather than the point, because the point wasn't crapping on a thread the rest of us were enjoying.

You apparently want to keep trying to be right, so whatever. I'm out.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
TCTTS said:

Ha, I truly appreciate the support, guys. But really, I haven't been run off, I'm definitely not "sad," I didn't have my feelings hurt, and I honestly could not care less what certain people here think of me. I've dealt with enough haters and disagreement on this board over the past decade or so that it honestly just rolls right off.

As for taking a break, I meant like a day or so while things simmer down. I took the bait when I shouldn't have in regards to all the Hollywood/liberal stuff, and it doesn't help that some of the most vocal people here have the reading comprehension of a third grader when it comes to that topic and only hear what they want to hear.

But yeah, truly, this isn't that big of deal. It's just when I start seeing multiple thread titles with my handle in them I know it's time to back off and take a little break. I'm tired of all the talk, and I can only imagine how sick of this everyone else is. But I'm not going anywhere. Just wanted to give things a chance to chill a bit.

"I wish I could quit you, Entertainment Board."
Sex Panther
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Sex Panther said:

Isn't this exactly how you got banned the Heisman night?

Liquid Wrench
I still want to know how you came back from that when *other* people can get permabanned for simple harmless jokes and never get a reply email.
The Collective
AG
TCTTS
jabberwalkie09
AG

Won't happen, not the Zoo.
Sex Panther
AG
ChiliBeans said:

I still want to know how you came back from that when *other* people can get permabanned for simple harmless jokes and never get a reply email.

TCTTS
AG
This is getting good...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.