Academy Awards

72,047 Views | 626 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tanya 93
Aggies76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is Ryan Gosling. He's very handsome. Do not look into his eyes.
TexasAggies06
AG
Poor Gary is about to get his entire Twitter history and internet browsing habits exposed to the world.
nickstro66
AG
Michael J Fox is presenting so the delorean would make sense
Aust Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

First thing I said was Delorean.
That would explain MJ Fox being on like the 4th row.
fig96
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

First thing I said was Delorean.
Gotta be.

And that whole tour bit was fantastic.
Aust Ag
AG
Aggies76 said:

This is Ryan Gosling. He's very handsome. Do not look into his eyes.
So jealous of how Kimmel can come up with all those one liners off the top of his head.
Satellite of Love
I am sure that director has empathy for the people of Israel and is championing for their rights to enter Iran and several other Muslim nations....
Know Your Enemy
AG
Yikes. Michael J. Fox is in bad shape. The Parkinson's is doing a number on him.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
MAAAAA ZEBENYAAAAA
nickstro66
AG
That was fantastic haha
Aust Ag
AG
Junkhead said:

Yikes. Michael J. Fox is in bad shape. The Parkinson's is doing a number on him.
He actually seems to have somewhat "stabilized", or kept the disease at bay a bit....at least since the last time I saw him on TV a couple of years ago. He was so good back in the day.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
They bring back Kimmel next year, right?
Bunk Moreland
Oh hi Salma
PatAg
AG
Salma
wesag
AG
PatAg said:

I never agreed with the notion of La La Land being a hollywood circle jerk...mainly because I have see The Oscars before. I like a lot of the oscars, but I dont give a damn about speeches like this one by the president.

It is most definitely that.
wesag
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

TCTTS said:

Yeah, and when you made that Dave Matthews comparison in the other thread, if I recall correctly, there were quite a few responses from people saying it was a terrible analogy.

The fact of the matter is that La La Land was made by a bunch of a young, outsider, New York filmmakers who went hat-in-hand all over town, trying to get it made, only to have it rejected time and again. "Hollywood" didn't get together to concoct some masturbation fest. And please tell me what about the movie shows "how great" Hollywood is? If anything, it's a movie about just how ruthless the business can be, and how much people have to compromise just to "make it" in the industry. It doesn't paint a pretty picture by any means, but still tries to find what joy there is in such a pursuit.

I wish you guys who constantly look to be offended by Hollywood in this manner knew just how insecure and uninformed you come across. If you want to hate the movie, fine. But hating it for these particular reasons is asinine.

Yeah, I don't care about the people who made it. I care about it's content. I can separate the actor/filmmaker from their product (Looking at you, Sean Penn). This movie was just a boring circle jerk. Just a step below Terrence Malick, the Bob Dylan of filmmaking.

It truly was boring as hell.
Satellite of Love
Oh look guys, Hollywood stood up againot the war in Syria. It is totally going to end next week now.
TAZ99
AG
You know there's gonna be a screen grab of that guy staring down at Salma's pair
CorpsAg11
AG
TCTTS defends everyone in Hollywood as if they're all his kids
wesag
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Haven't looked at the video, but I'm still pretty confused why there's so much praise being heaped on La La Land. It's not a bad movie per se, but it's not that great either. It's just not very memorable, and no particular song or dance number stands out to me other than the last one in the observatory, and that's mostly due to the visuals and not the song or dance itself.

I wish Sing Street had gotten more love this year. I don't know who I'd like to see win BP, because I haven't seen most of the nominees. But I know that Sing Street is a movie I enjoyed a lot more than La La Land. And probably Arrival as well. (Though that is also not a movie I would consider a "masterpiece". Just a solid movie.)
watch the video, they touch on the self love for LaLa Land.

I though you said they touch themselves when they watch it at first.
Aust Ag
AG
Theme from Shaft was a great song. Just sayin'. Need to download that forgotten gem.

Shaft
Who's the black private dick
That's a sex machine to all the chicks?
(Shaft!)
You're damn right
Who is the man
That would risk his neck for his brother man?
(Shaft!)
Can ya dig it?
Post removed:
by user
PatAg
AG
Some of the other things they were nominated for I was not surprised to see them lose in. If they had lost cinematography I would have been shocked.
TCTTS
AG
CorpsAg11 said:

TCTTS defends everyone in Hollywood as if they're all his kids
I don't agree with half of these people, and find some of them just as annoying as you guys do. Still, I'm also trying to combat the ultra-cliched/stereotypical views so many here have of "Hollywood" in general.
wesag
AG
ATM1876 said:

The great irony is that the likely target of any celebrity political speeches is a celebrity whose political opinions they disagree with.

wesag
AG
Aust Ag said:

Theme from Shaft was a great song. Just sayin'. Need to download that forgotten gem.

Shaft
Who's the black private dick
That's a sex machine to all the chicks?
(Shaft!)
You're damn right
Who is the man
That would risk his neck for his brother man?
(Shaft!)
Can ya dig it?

My dad freaking loved that song back in the day. I think the high school band in Desoto used to play it.
Olsen
AG
I didn't think this tweet was real.

Bunk Moreland
That Myles Teller mean tweet was spot on
PatAg
AG
Kinda weird to have John Legend sing it now, right?
nickstro66
AG
Drive it Like You Stole it > City of Stars
Bunk Moreland
PatAg said:

Kinda weird to have John Legend sing it now, right?

Saw his red carpet interview and he sorta said it was a bit odd in a roundabout way. Talked about how long he had to practice playing someone else's music to get prepared.
Aust Ag
AG
Every Sting song ever> than that song he did tonight.
Bunk Moreland
TCTTS, any chance Portman steals best actress?

I went out on a limb and predicted her even though Stone is an overwhelming favorite
CFTXAG10
AG
I think John did a great job

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.