*****Big Brother 17 SPOILERS Thread*****

312,918 Views | 2268 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TJJackson
Scotch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does Audrey still not know about the twins?
tailgatetimer10
AG
Put me in the camp that would like to see Jason/James win hoh or something of that effect. This house is in need of something to cause damage to this huge alliance.
Scotch
AG
How about Audrey/Jason as HOH and see if Jason's nominees throw the competition?
Bunk Moreland
Stupid Allison Grodner. Battle of the Block has once again just allowed a mega alliance that for the most part works together.

It takes away from gameplay and having to work hard the opening weeks. It now pays to not make moves, keep quiet, and go with the flow. Even when 2 HOH's aren't perfectly in alliance(like Shelli/Becky last week), there's no ill will, they work together on the nominations, then work together on getting their pawns to throw it so the right people stay up on the block, etc.

the stupid ****ing BOTB just allows for that type of scenario of having the huge alliance. And it just kills the week IMO.
tailgatetimer10
AG
I completely agree!

And Scotch, I think those two as HOH would be very interesting
AcctAg11
AG
quote:
Stupid Allison Grodner. Battle of the Block has once again just allowed a mega alliance that for the most part works together.

It takes away from gameplay and having to work hard the opening weeks. It now pays to not make moves, keep quiet, and go with the flow. Even when 2 HOH's aren't perfectly in alliance(like Shelli/Becky last week), there's no ill will, they work together on the nominations, then work together on getting their pawns to throw it so the right people stay up on the block, etc.

the stupid ****ing BOTB just allows for that type of scenario of having the huge alliance. And it just kills the week IMO.
I just cant believe that they decided that doing the BOTB again was a good idea. Its just a huge waste of time because there is always someone throwing it now. Its no fun watching only 1 team compete in a challenge. It also takes away time from watching other things that go on in the house, like strategizing or various blow ups/drama, which sucks for someone like me who doesn't watch the live feeds (though I do fall asleep to BB After Dark sometimes). It just seems to take a lot away from the show and doesn't really provide anything of value in return.
Bunk Moreland
well, it sucks for a live feeder as well because it makes the feeds boring during the opening weeks before jury and BOTB is over.

I simply don't give a **** about any gameplay, because it doesn't matter. There's going to be the alphas in the house who lead, tons of floaters who latch on, and if anyone says or does one thing that's a bit out there, they're gone. And there's hardly a chance to backdoor or anything due to the unity that comes with multiple HOH winners, joining forces to nominate exactly the right people in the right way, have one side throw it, etc. etc.

Just makes the game easier for most of the house, and harder for anyone in a bad position to get out of it.

As "bad" of a position as Audrey was in, she hasn't faced elimination yet, so it's not that bad.
MSCAg
AG
BOTB would be awesome if the nominees that won were not safe for the week and were still eligible to be back doored.

That said, so far I like this season. This seems like the best overall cast they've had in a couple seasons.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
BOTB would be awesome if the nominees that won were not safe for the week and were still eligible to be back doored.

That said, so far I like this season. This seems like the best overall cast they've had in a couple seasons.
I haven't watched in a couple of years, but I'm getting back into it. I will skip any week that has the Zingbot, and if Rachel comes back, I'm done for good.
LHIOB
AG
quote:
quote:

I haven't watched in a couple of years, but I'm getting back into it. I will skip any week that has the Zingbot, and if Rachel comes back, I'm done for good.
I have a feeling Rachel will be one of the takeovers...
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I have nightmares of just such a possibility.
MSCAg
AG
Would love a Dan or Dr. Will takeover, if they actually got to pick the twist.

"First person to stab their alliance in the back gets $20,000"
Bunk Moreland
quote:
Would love a Dan or Dr. Will takeover, if they actually got to pick the twist.

"First person to stab their alliance in the back gets $20,000"

No kidding.

However, knowing Grodner, no way in hell are the takeover celebs picking their twists. They are just reading lines.
Counterpoint
AG
Does Gronk have a twist this week, or is he just frat bro'ing it up?
Dawnguard
AG
Gronk has been "making" them party in various places/ways (Shower party, pool party, etc). Supposedly if they refuse to party, they become have nots. It doesn't seem to have had much of an impact.

I'm waiting for the Jeff Probst takeover - where they hide a veto somewhere in the house and give 1 person the clue on a piece of parchment in front of everyone.
Ganondorf
AG
quote:
Gronk has been "making" them party in various places/ways (Shower party, pool party, etc). Supposedly if they refuse to party, they become have nots. It doesn't seem to have had much of an impact.

I'm waiting for the Jeff Probst takeover - where they hide a veto somewhere in the house and give 1 person the clue on a piece of parchment in front of everyone.

I expect the survivor takeover to be for the evicted houseguests to come back in, like Redemption Island. There's a hidden idol in the jury house and that player gets back in the game.
mloz12
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ugh, I have a feeling she and Frankie will be back at some point
MSCAg
AG
Gotta say, I respect Jeff a little more. He has spent almost the last 3 days quietly campaigning, almost nonstop. Huge difference from Da.

Austin and Vanessa are slightly concerned, but stills seems pretty sure fire he is gone.

The HGs got alcohol tonight and playing Dare. James dared Clay to kiss Shelli, which he gave a light peck.
Dawnguard
AG
I've been thinking about the BOB, and if there would be any way to actually fix it, and keep it from being the "put Beasmode Cowboy/Johnny Mac up to throw it" contest.

Would bringing back the 3 nominees, but placing the losing HOH on the block automatically as the 3rd nom fix it? Would it just cause the floaters to win? I know the purpose behind it felt like a better way to encourage the HOH to boot the floaters when it was introduced, but I miss the luxury and food comps that it replaced -- as there was genuine competition.
MSCAg
AG
I'd rather they drop it and bring back luxury comps

If anything, get rid of the auto saftey BotB winners get.

Maybe squester HoH winners from each other till they make their noms.
tailgatetimer10
AG
quote:
I'd rather they drop it and bring back luxury comps

If anything, get rid of the auto saftey BotB winners get.

Maybe squester HoH winners from each other till they make their noms.

I'd be 100% down for them to put people on the block ASAP after the comp. no time to talk or anything.
MSCAg
AG
Damn, that was almost awesome. When Liz voted to keep Jeff, I was hoping. Would have loved the aftermath.
AcctAg11
AG
I guess Liz and Julia were not on the same page on who to vote for.
MSCAg
AG
Shelli and Liz win HoH.

Ugh, I hate Julie Chen questions. She is so bad at it.
aggietoolman
AG
Likely a dull week. Same group in power. The Liz vote was a surprise.
Scotch
AG
I was hoping for Audrey to vote for James to leave after I saw who Liz voted for. That would have made for some drama.Audrey will still freak out knowing she wasn't one of the four. No one will suspect Liz.

Liz has to be very careful on her noms, tick off the wrong people, she's an even easier target next week.
MSCAg
AG
I'm shocked Liz didn't throw it. But she may have thought she needed too cause the twin thing is out.
Scotch
AG
She was probably shocked the game ended so quickly, didn't want to go out on an "easy" question.

How about the new recruiting tool for A&M:

Texas A&M, cleaner showers than the Big Brother house.
MSCAg
AG
It's funny because a week ago, after the twin thing broke, Liz was saying she told production before coming on that her and Julia were worried they'd be at a disadvantage for memory questions; since they'd be splitting the week.

Production said they understood and would address it (then the feeds cut to fish).

Hence why we had this kind of memory game and not something based on events in the house, like the Gronk parties.
Bondag
AG
Lemme guess. John goes on block and throws game, Liz/ Julia are in power all week. Tranny stays and another villain of the week goes home.

And I will watch it all.
Mucho austin
AG
When did clay tell the house that he played football at a&m?

I thought he was gonna keep it a secret to not seem as much of a threat in physical comps. Figured if he told someone it would have been a big deal and shown on TV.

Unless CBS hates a&m........
MSCAg
AG
He mentioned he played in the first week.
Scotch
AG
I heard the Liz worry about the memory comp as well, but the ironic thing is, one twin was good at reciting the order of the parties around others even though the other twin was actually in the house.If they changed the HOH comp it is a little shady, but it was still fair in that everyone got to see the dance routine. Many were thinking it was going to be the egg / chicken wire paired up HOH anyway.

Clay told Jeff S. in the web interview before the show that he would try to keep A&M thing under wraps, but would not lie about it if asked. He must have been asked or he just volunteered his player status before the live feeds came on, because it was common knowledge early on.
Bondag
AG
quote:
When did clay tell the house that he played football at a&m?

I thought he was gonna keep it a secret to not seem as much of a threat in physical comps. Figured if he told someone it would have been a big deal and shown on TV.

Unless CBS hates a&m........
If CBS hates A&M they are in trouble. My theory is the girls wear all of Clays shirts so he doesn't have one to wear.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Last night, before I turned off the feeds, Vanessa was going all control freak trying to figure out who the 4 votes to keep Jeff were.....as Liz was sitting there trying to help.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.