*****Big Brother 17 SPOILERS Thread*****

309,992 Views | 2268 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TJJackson
tailgatetimer10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I kind of think she had to play "their side" to stay even. In no scenario can I see her going out the door next week.. this move might buy her two more weeks, no matter which twin the keep.
Bunk Moreland
I think Liz is the obvious person for her to get out, especially with being so close to them.

If liz goes, you immediately make sure Austin knows that Julia being in the house means she'll vote for her over Austin in a F2, so Austin realizes that Julia must go. Therefore, Vanessa still keeps a target for austin looming(with julia in the house). Austin/Liz even if they make the deal, could easily just go back on it depending on how things shake out next week with nominations...and you're keeping a power duo.

In her mind I know she thinks it's buying her at least 1 week, and then 2 people who will take her to the F3. I get that she is trying to set up her "no matter what everyone will take me to the F3" scenario, but this one might hurt her. Safer play is to send Liz packing.
tailgatetimer10
AG
BTW I do agree with you. I'm just presenting another angle.

It's been good sharing ideas on this thread throughout this season, and has made the off season much more bearable. I hope the people who jumped on the train due to clay come back next year. This is the most active I can recall this thread ever being.
Bunk Moreland
yeah I know, and I agree. Great discussion, and there are a million different ways to get to the same goal of the end for each HG, so the discussion is really good when people participate.
RockInspector
So is Vanessa planning to throw the HoH to Liztin? That is pretty risky but she is in tighter with Austwins than with Steve and Johnny Mac. She is pretty certain that Johnny Mac is putting up the remainder of the Austwins and now she is making a deal that she won't go up so that just leaves Steve and JM for the Austwins to put up.

In theory, it is a perfect plan for at least one week. However, Steve is ready to get rid of Vanessa so he may talk JM into putting her up on the block if he wins. And the Austwins aren't real high on Vanessa either. They can tell her whatever they want since their game lives are at stake (under duress).

I could easily see the twins put Vanessa up and just say upon further review, this is a move that is best for our game.
RockInspector
Of course the house is full of morons so who knows what is going to happen.

Keeping Liz is extremely risky. She wins a lot. She wins more than anyone left in the house.

A final three of Austin/Liz/Vanessa would suck just because other than Da'Vonne and Audrey...those three are just not likable people.
Ganondorf
AG
Vanessa just trying to keep votes. By allowing them to choose she is ensuring she doesn't piss them off.

It's going to backfire unless Austin and Liz are extra dumb.
HTownAg98
Watching the show. My God the Austwins are a bunch of morons.
MooreTrucker
AG
Putting me up against my boyfriend...waaaaaahhhh boo hoooo...

Shelli is laughing her ass off right now.
Mucho austin
AG
Johnny mac had a hilarious pop up cameo in the middle of Liz asking Austin if he is hiding something.

If you blink you miss it.

tailgatetimer10
AG
One of the best episodes of the season
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
Johnny mac had a hilarious pop up cameo in the middle of Liz asking Austin if he is hiding something.

If you blink you miss it.

Agreed. There was some masterful editing this week!
Ganondorf
AG
They glossed over their horrible personal bashing of Steve. Iirc Amanda was shown personal attacking people during her edit. Twins are getting off light imo.
Mucho austin
AG
They might be getting off light when it comes to that, but they sure look stupid sometimes
Counterpoint
AG
quote:
One of the best episodes of the season
Definitely. That was a GREAT episode.
MSCAg
AG
This house keeps handing the Austwins gifts.

That said, I see Vanessa's reasoning, but I think she is putting her game on deals with all sides of the house. I wonder if she goes crazy all in with that strategy and throws the next comp.
RockInspector
quote:
This house keeps handing the Austwins gifts.

That said, I see Vanessa's reasoning, but I think she is putting her game on deals with all sides of the house. I wonder if she goes crazy all in with that strategy and throws the next comp.
Agreed MSC....I think she (Vanessa) just might.

Honestly, I think Liztin will put her and Steve up if they win and I think JM will put Liztin up if he wins. I'm not sure who Vanessa will put up but in all of her deal making to keep herself from going up next week, I don't think I ever saw her making a deal to not put up Liztin...only that she would vote to keep whoever the twins wanted to stay.

To keep Liz is pretty stupid but at this point, I'm not surprised by the bombardment of constant dumbassery displayed by the HGs. I'm pretty numb to it now as I expect it every week (and the HGs don't disappoint).

While anything is possible, the good news appears to be that none of the current HGs view Johnny Mac as an immediate threat so he may not go up or get backdoored next week (assuming he doesn't win HoH).

Loved this week with the twins being on the block. And I find it hilarious that they don't realize how much they are disliked.
aggietoolman
AG
Vanessa is just trying to make her moves in a way that doesn't cost her votes. She has been all over the Austwins this past week. I don't think that they've completely bought it, but I've only hit up feed sites off and on since things got a little more interesting. Vanessa knows that the current Jury won't likely vote for her other than maybe Shelli and maybe Becky (see below). She needs to do what she can to ensure she doesn't do something to take away votes from those that are still going to Jury.

I saw something where Jmac told Austin about a conversation he had with Becky right before she left. She told him that if anyone was there with Vanessa, that Vanessa was getting her vote since the target was so big on Vanessa and she still got there. Austin went to Liz with this. They discussed the importance of getting rid of Vanessa next. She can make the deals but the precedent of going back on deals has already been set in the house. I don't think deals matter.

From the little that I've read, Vanessa fully intends to win the next HOH and is acting like it's already a done deal. Will be interesting on what kind of HOH they go with and if it is made for her.

Of course I've only spot checked on things and might be missing a lot of contradicting info.
Bunk Moreland
yeah everyone has to go all out for HOH this week, because you get to play in it next week no matter what.

After all wheeling and dealing, this is the money HOH right now. This week you can really work to set the final 4 up how you want it, and then you have your shot at the end with everyone else.
RockInspector
Jmac was comedic gold when he talks about Vanessa getting Julia to pick Austin and the cameo shot was money as well!!

And the fact that the HGs don't view JM as a threat anymore is hilarious as well. He clearly had the HoH won and just stopped and let Steve have it. Then he and Austin admit to the fact (In the DR) that Austin said he "really wanted" the veto right before the final match (when it was just him and JM at the end) and John is like "OK, you can have it".

Hope it bites all of them in the ass!!!!
tailgatetimer10
AG
Johnny throwing that HOH was GOLD. Very smart decision.
Bunk Moreland
definitely a good decision for JMAC once it was him and steve.

And last night was just hilarious in the POV. If JMac somehow gets to the final 2 he really needs to promote just how often he threw comps, list them 1 by 1 and the reasoning behind it.

I know HG's often throw comps early, but he has really taken a lot of chances and trusted people at the right times and thrown a crapload of comps, and won others as well. I think it deserves credit for good gameplay.

The Austin one last night was so funny.

Austin/Judas: "I WANT this"

JMac is just like "cool bro. Go get it then. Not gonna challenge you for it."
MSCAg
AG
quote:
Jmac was comedic gold when he talks about Vanessa getting Julia to pick Austin and the cameo shot was money as well!!

And the fact that the HGs don't view JM as a threat anymore is hilarious as well. He clearly had the HoH won and just stopped and let Steve have it.

It wasn't clear he had it in the bag, I believe the other HGs were blocked from seeing the contestants.

I was kind of surprised Steve didn't throw it once he knew it was just him and JMac. Would have been awesome with both of them standing there trying to throw it.
Sex Panther
AG
Not much more to add that hasn't been said, so I'll just reiterate that that episode was worth the entire season.
AcctAg11
AG
I think Steve did not throw it because he was not confident he could win the next comp. He's much more limited in what he is competitive in than JMac. Therefore, it makes sense to win the comp he can win and let the person with the better chance (JMac) have a shot at the next one.
Counterpoint
AG
quote:
Not much more to add that hasn't been said, so I'll just reiterate that that episode was worth the entire season.
Agreed!
Harry Stamper
quote:
yeah everyone has to go all out for HOH this week, because you get to play in it next week no matter what.

Did this change recently? I thought the winner of the Final 5 HOH could not play in the Final 4 HOH.
Bunk Moreland
quote:
quote:

Did this change recently? I thought the winner of the Final 5 HOH could not play in the Final 4 HOH.

Crap I forgot to include someone in the numbers. We are still one week away from f4. My bad. Yeah this hoh is a tough spot to win
JABQ04
AG
Jeez. Steve is whiny b***h. How the hell does he handle life?
MSCAg
AG
Let's see how dumb the HGs are.
MSCAg
AG
Wow, those two both gave an ode to each other.
JABQ04
AG
Julia knows she's leaving. Game is rigged.

What a bunch of dumb f***s. Please baby Jesus get rid of Vanessa.
MSCAg
AG
quote:
Julia knows she's leaving. Game is rigged.

Maybe, but I think except for surprises, the HGs basically tell the noms how its gonna go. I'm surprised CBS hasn't instituted a nom dress code. S
MSCAg
AG
This one favors JMac or Liz.
MSCAg
AG
Though I say that and Austin is leading.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.