*****Big Brother 17 SPOILERS Thread*****

309,980 Views | 2268 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TJJackson
aggie98infl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I'm really surprised production hasn't forced the issue about the strength of the austwins in the DR. Usually they'd be hammering the other houseguests by now, especially when those in power are the least liked.

The same production that thinks Battle of the Block was a fan favorite, probably think their twin twist will be a great success/storyline if the twins make it to the end together. I'm sure they have it all planned out, hoping Liz wins the final HOH,, "will she choose her love or her twin?" Which of course is idiotic.
rhoswen
AG
I'd be interested to see a line graph of ratings as the season progresses, especially as compared to other seasons. It really does feel like ratings are tanking, based on this thread and various twitter feeds.

On a side note, is Nielsen the only way to judge ratings or can they use data off of DVRs?
Ganondorf
AG
From Wiki:

Saxsoon
AG
That is surprisingly steady
rhoswen
AG
There goes that theory!

Everyone I know stopped watching about when Clay got booted. I lasted another week or two.

(Those people aren't Aggies so that's not why)
Counterpoint
AG
There are still several scenarios that could turn out pretty cool (in my opinion), so I'm not giving up hope yet!
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
There are still several scenarios that could turn out pretty cool (in my opinion), so I'm not giving up hope yet!
Let's hear 'em. Give me hope.
Ganondorf
AG
Here's a good one, JMac wins Veto and James goes up. Either James or Steve goes home and the Austwins win HoH again.

Or what about Johnny gets evicted, makes it back in but the Austwins win again and he gets sent home a 2nd time.
AcctAg11
AG
Vanessa could easily win the next comp, realize that she can't win by bringing the Austwins to the final 4, put them up. Then we get to hear Liz and Julia campaign for Steve's vote!

"Steeeevvvuuuhhhhhh"
Bunk Moreland
quote:
Vanessa could easily win the next comp, realize that she can't win by bringing the Austwins to the final 4, put them up. Then we get to hear Liz and Julia campaign for Steve's vote!

"Steeeevvvuuuhhhhhh"

If you can get liz/julia on the block together after the pov is done, Liz has to go due to her association with Austin.

Wow.... Julia has like 3 targets shielding her right now to win this game.
jdls13
AG
Lol Vanessa won POV and is keeping noms the same. Basically ensuring that once again, the person going home is who she wanted.
MSCAg
AG
I guess bye bye JMac.

Julia/Liz/Vanessa

Unless it breaks that Stev is working with Vanessa.
rhoswen
AG
Yeah I'm out. I'll follow this thread but it's been removed from the DVR.
Bondag
AG
My DVR crapped out this week so I guess that decision was made for me. I think johnny Mac was smart enough to know as long as Vanessa was in the house he would be a target so he was pissed in the Shelli eviction. He is a good veto player though so he may make it back in, but he would need to win out.
Bunk Moreland
Becky could have changed the game had she put vanessa up against Liz to force her out.
HTownAg98
If production would quit recruiting pretty faces, and start recruiting good game players, they could have a hit that may even be good enough to run in the fall and spring.
MSCAg
AG
What gets me is nobody (James, Jackie, or Becky) put up a twin with the thought "At worst, we at least break up Austwins."

But hey, they got out Never Won An HoH Clay.
LHIOB
AG
This years cast was pretty good. The problem is that the people I dont like are winning. Vanessa is playing an amazing game. She wins when she needs to and has manipulatied the hell out of the house. Its easy to armchair QB from outside the house. James aligned with people who couldnt win comps so that side of the house never really stood a chance. I think there needs to be more incentive to win HOH like $$. I know throwing HOHs can be a good strategy but it gets to a point where half the cast is trying not to win.
aggietoolman
AG
Agree with most, but I'm doubting how amazing of a game Vanessa is playing. She will have to have a major comp run with Steve to have any chance at this point. She missed her opportunity. Those two take out the austwins and they will be considered great.
Counterpoint
AG
quote:
This years cast was pretty good. The problem is that the people I dont like are winning. Vanessa is playing an amazing game. She wins when she needs to and has manipulatied the hell out of the house. Its easy to armchair QB from outside the house. James aligned with people who couldnt win comps so that side of the house never really stood a chance. I think there needs to be more incentive to win HOH like $$. I know throwing HOHs can be a good strategy but it gets to a point where half the cast is trying not to win.

I agree. There were no racist d-bags this year. That was nice. One of the problems is that some of the cast know the game TOO well. They are never surprised by anything. They know exactly when double evictions are happening. They know the week that a jury member is coming back. They knew Zingbot would be this week, and they even usually know which week a certain comp will be played. There needs to be a MAJOR shakeup in how this show is run so future houseguests will never feel so comfortable.

HTownAg98
Hell, they knew when the double eviction was coming, or at least had a plan for when it happened. I'm to the point where a season of no twists would be pretty good, because everyone in the house would be spending time preparing for things that would never happen.
dave94
AG
WTF was that speech by Austin? And I'm so tired of everyone being so worried about getting blood on their hands. It's GOT to happen when the numbers get to this point.
MSCAg
AG
quote:
quote:

I agree. There were no racist d-bags this year. That was nice. One of the problems is that some of the cast know the game TOO well. They are never surprised by anything. They know exactly when double evictions are happening. They know the week that a jury member is coming back. They knew Zingbot would be this week, and they even usually know which week a certain comp will be played. There needs to be a MAJOR shakeup in how this show is run so future houseguests will never feel so comfortable.

I agree, AG needs to change some stuff up.

I did like the last endurance comp. That was a nice change up considering most know what comp is coming up most weeks.
htxag09
AG
Yeah. Hearing all this tough talk and then making excuses for why they can't follow through is getting old.

And I really don't understand why James and Meg or so protected this week. They are the main opposition in an alliance for sure.
gigemJTH12
AG
My first post on this thread: This is random but does anyone know where Austins deer shirt is from?
bearkatag15
AG
http://www.redbubble.com/people/prettystuff/works/15972844-ornate-deer-big-brother-austin-sucks-alternate-design?grid_pos=50&p=t-shirt

Someone made a similar one based off of Austin's.
MSCAg
AG
quote:

And I really don't understand why James and Meg or so protected this week. They are the main opposition in an alliance for sure.

They both suck at comps. James can win either endurance ones or the chit luck ones.
LHIOB
AG
Some how they have kept Survivor from getting stale. BB says expect the unexpected but I cant remember the last time HGs were completely shocked. Maybe they could do a DE on Wed or Sun. A rewind week would be great. Maybe let 2 of the evicted HGs in the house. This game is so great but they just cant get out of their own way. I have a feeling next year will be an All Stars. That would be a great opportunity to just conpletely F with them.
Sex Panther
AG
Screw this show
Ganondorf
AG
quote:
Some how they have kept Survivor from getting stale. BB says expect the unexpected but I cant remember the last time HGs were completely shocked. Maybe they could do a DE on Wed or Sun. A rewind week would be great. Maybe let 2 of the evicted HGs in the house. This game is so great but they just cant get out of their own way. I have a feeling next year will be an All Stars. That would be a great opportunity to just conpletely F with them.

Many people predict an All Stars season but it never happens. I think there's been talk of another All Stars since 10.
Bunk Moreland
quote:
quote:

Many people predict an All Stars season but it never happens. I think there's been talk of another All Stars since 10.

Grodner basically just spent the last 7 years bringing houseguests back and including them in the game or for promotional **** instead of doing an all star season.

You had the season of coaches, you had the season of half the house were returning, you have seasons where 1 or 2 randomly come back. You had this season where they brought 2 Amazing Racers over.

I just think the show needs a fresh team running production. Grodner clearly has her ceiling.
HTownAg98
quote:

That's because the people that produce Survivor spend a lot of time trying to endure that they are getting people that want to play the game. It's pretty rare that you get stuck with a bunch of morons on Survivor.

They really should just do a bunch of fast forward weeks on Big Brother now to just end it. It's gotten stale, ratings aside.
MSCAg
AG
Austin talked a real big game in the DR against Vanessa.
_______________________________________________________ O Fortuna, velut Luna, statu variabilis, semper crescis, aut decrescis;
aggied8
quote:
My first post on this thread: This is random but does anyone know where Austins deer shirt is from?

Know how I know you're a dooosh?
AcctAg11
AG
quote:
From Wiki:

Interesting how the numbers get better after BOTB was removed from the game. Obvious to us, but maybe production should take heed for the future.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.