Stephen Spielberg to Direct Ready Player One!!!

103,167 Views | 804 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by ShawnTxAg
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/silicon-valley-star-tj-miller-898858
Bunk Moreland
Somehow I think he'll do well in his role as "annoying troller in the online forums of the game."
Dro07
AG
For some reason I don't see home as irok considering on how small of a role he played but I guess he could be annoying enough. I could have seen him as Ogden but I guess he would be too young for the role.

I take it back he can be really annoying so he would rock irok
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
John Williams

http://variety.com/2016/film/spotlight/john-williams-afi-1201792072-1201792072/
TCTTS
AG
Still haven't had a chance to read the book, but I assume this is cool/exciting?

tamusc
AG
It's one oof Wade's most recognizable vehicles that he uses in the OASIS (virtual world). It's a mashup of the Delorean from Back to the Future and Ghostbusters and is the ultimate 80's tribute vehicle.
Philip J Fry
AG
Seriously, just listen to the audiobook. You'd finish in a weekend.
tamusc
AG
http://screencrush.com/production-has-started-on-spielbergs-ready-player-one/
Bunk Moreland
I can't think f another book where I have a more detailed and "sure" visualization of the story in my mind. More than LOTR.

Im going to have to keep a lot of that in check and accept whatever world Spielberg creates, but Damn I hope it's close to what I pictured. So excited for this one.
Dro07
AG
I am going to go into this as it only being "ready player one" by name and that's it
TCTTS
AG
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/758211-ready-player-one-set-photos-show-a-grungy-dystopia
TCTTS
AG

Tabasco
AG
Might need to re-read this one. When is expected release?
TCTTS
AG
March 30, 2018.
Tanya 93
Who is aech?
hph6203
AG
Probably going to keep that one a secret until after the movie has been premiered, because it would spoil a pretty huge reveal from the book. Hopefully they don't write it out of the story.
Tabasco
AG
quote:
March 30, 2018.

Thx
Ag Since 83
AG
Pretty sure they didn't write that one out
Ag Since 83
AG
Are they seriously using Birmingham, England as a stand in for dystopian Oklahoma City? I know parts of England are depressing, but geez...
Duncan Idaho
Birmingham is a **** hole
hph6203
AG
It would be shocking if they did, but it depends on how they handle avatars in the OASIS. Are they CG like the aliens in Avatar or are they filming the actors as they are? If they're filming the actors as they are, then having two actors for one character would be a bit of a stretch for some viewers in a 2 hour film.
MW03
AG
Man, I have no idea how they are going to make this movie, but damnit if I'm not going to see the hell out of it.*

*Also said about the new Dark Tower movie

aTmLoKi
AG
2018 is too far away, so I went back to listen to it again which brought about more curiosity as to who has been cast in each of the roles. Ben Mendelsohn will be playing Nolan Sorrento, and I think they freaking knocked it out of the park with that one!
TCTTS
AG
Still haven't had a chance to read the book yet, but there's some seemingly interesting/pertinent info in this article...

Also, with a March 30, 2018 release - less than a year away - I would be pretty shocked if we don't get a teaser trailer this summer. Seeing as it's Warner Bros., possibly even as soon as with Wonder Woman on June 2. If not then, I'd say with Dunkirk on July 21.
Dro07
AG
Im kinda confused by this... will his avatar be pretty much Boba Fett or will his personality be like Boba? Boba isn't a DB. I mean he could be i guess.
TCTTS
AG
Confused as well. Figured readers would be able to clarify,
Dro07
AG
His character is TJ Miller character in many movies pretty much a huge DB.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Just finished reading this for the first time. Awesome book. I have no idea who TJ Miller is supposed to be.
Dro07
AG
he is playing a version of I-Rok so its confusing i guess

Quote:

The Silicon Valley actor explained that this role is not in the book. He's the only new character created for the film, and he fills an interesting in-between space between the heroes and villains.

"I play i-R0k and basically I am a funny, or at least mildly amusing, Boba Fett," Miller said. "In the OASIS, I am a better player than Aech or Daito or any of those guys. I am sort of unequivocally the best bounty hunter, but I work freelance. While all the Sixers work for IOI and Sorrento, he has to commission me and I get an incredibly high fee to either find people and kill them or make them starve in the game."
TCTTS
AG
A little more context/explanation...

MookieBlaylock
AG
Will be boba
fet with a walkie talkie instead of a blaster?
Jian Yang
TCTTS said:

A little more context/explanation...

Is your refrigerator running? This is Mike Hunt
Dro07
AG
Quote:

Miller spoke to Fandango about his character, named i-Rok, who's not from Ernest Cline's book

I guess some people just make things up when they don't read source material
TCTTS
AG
- I may or may not have talked to two people this weekend who have seen the first trailer.

- One of them may or may or may not have told me it's so cool that they literally teared up.

- The trailer may or may not be hitting later this summer with a certain blockbuster war movie.
Ag Since 83
AG
I 100% support TJ Miller's character basically being Boba Fett if it means Lucasfilm never makes a Boba Fett movie

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.