***Sons of Anarchy: Season 7***

131,692 Views | 889 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by ChipFTAC01
zap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
perfect

Al Bula
AG
I didn't realize the show's very first scene and very last scene were the same. That and the body count were about the only things cool in the finale.
Stive
AG
quote:
I didn't realize the show's very first scene and very last scene were the same. That and the body count were about the only things cool in the finale.

What was the first scene?
jackie childs
quote:
http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywood/2014/12/sons-of-anarchy-series-finale-jax-dies

This is pretty much on target.
anybody else find it ironic that vanity fair felt the need to use over 500 words to discuss what they even acknowledged was a worn-out and obvious metaphor? apparently both sutter and vanity fair think the average SOA watcher is completely incapable of picking up on subtleties.
jackie childs
quote:
quote:

What was the first scene?
couple of crows in the middle of the road
Duncan Idaho
quote:
quote:
http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywood/2014/12/sons-of-anarchy-series-finale-jax-dies

This is pretty much on target.
anybody else find it ironic that vanity fair felt the need to use over 500 words to discuss what they even acknowledged was a worn-out and obvious metaphor? apparently both sutter and vanity fair think the average SOA watcher is completely incapable of picking up on subtleties.

The point of the article was that there wete no subtleties.
Al Bula
AG
quote:
apparently both sutter and vanity fair think the average SOA watcher is completely incapable of picking up on subtleties.
I'll go ahead and say it: the average SOA watcher is an idiot.

The show started out with a cool premise: Cali outlaw motorcylce club culture (though still highly fictionalized). At some point Kurt Sutter read too many of his own press clippings and greenlit his actress wife for several cringeworthy song interludes.

SoA is not a "smart" show by any means, but it was fun for most of the run. Pretty standard antihero type of story made more interesting by the MC setting. Eventually it came down to killing off the villains Clay and Gemma. That was my motivation to watch.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Finally watched the finale tonight. Nothing special there, just glad it's over. What a lackluster end to what St one time was a pretty great show.
UnderoosAg
AG
Forgot about this. But we have a winner!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_TmE9QtBRUdnRrdaMBYvS9Z4vQQpfOh8izihblW3H2s/edit?usp=sharing
Mr.Bond
AG
So what happened to Chucky if he's not at the garage
UnderoosAg
AG
The committee had to chew on this for a bit. Jax left the paperwork and deed to the garage and the houses with Nero. He said to sell them and give the money to Wendy to look after the kids. While Chucky was likely at the garage while Jax was singing Creed songs kissing the truck bumper, his "future" (as the question was worded) isn't likely at the garage. Unless, someone in Charming buys an old garage with a bombed out clubhouse and wants to keep a thumbless masturbator.
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
The committee had to chew on this for a bit. Jax left the paperwork and deed to the garage and the houses with Nero. He said to sell them and give the money to Wendy to look after the kids. While Chucky was likely at the garage while Jax was singing Creed songs kissing the truck bumper, his "future" (as the question was worded) isn't likely at the garage. Unless, someone in Charming buys an old garage with a bombed out clubhouse and wants to keep a thumbless masturbator.

Nice!
Centerpole90
AG
Major. Motion. Picture.
quote:
Sutter said the film will star Charlie Hunnam, who played the lead character Jax Teller, as well as Ryan Hurst who played Opie Winston, and Katey Sagal as Gemma Teller. The film, which is a prequel to the storyline of Sons will also introduce fans to Jax's father, John, who will be played by Brad Pitt.
quote:
Sutter says pre-production on film will begin in the middle of 2015, and will begin shooting sometime in the fall. "For a movie of this scope, with this much storyline attached, you should expect to see the film by the end of 2016," said Sutter. "In the mean time, buy all the official Sons of Anarchy merchandise you can. Every dollar goes to helping get this movie completed. Brad Pitt isn't cheap, you know."
Please tell me this site is the equivalent to the Onion so the jokes on me and we can move on. I'm not sure the world is ready for this much more Sutter.
Post removed:
by user
ChipFTAC01
AG
There's no way that Brad Pitt would look at a Kurt Sutter script and not just throw it in the trash, right?
Centerpole90
AG
It has to be a joke. How can you have a movie with pretty much EXACTLY the same cast as the years long tv series just one year after series ended? There can't be a demand for that. Thats the epitome of 'too soon'.

IF it's real it sounds like he wants a do-over on killing Opie.
UnderoosAg
AG
Centerpole's the kinda guy who takes free heroin to rehab meetings.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!

NO!!

Just no.

I guess D-bag's wife couldn't get any more work? And Pitt is supposed to be JT for what, 30 minutes, until the music montage is over and the kid-who-painfully-played-Abel-who-will-now-painfully-play-baby-Jax magically grows up to be Hunnam?
Centerpole90
Westicles
AG
http://www.snopes.com/media/notnews/soamovie.asp
MW03
AG
Just got started on The Shield about a week ago thanks to a Christmas present, so I appreciate all the cross-series spoilers.

Ag_07
AG
You serious Clark?

The Sheild ended years ago. There's a statute of limitations on spoilers and I'm pretty sure The Shield is outside of it.
Centerpole90
AG
I watched every episode of The Shield.

When Acevedo get's his picture taken with a flip phone camera, and I don't even remember what season it was, you'll remember this post. Come back and tell us the Shield wasn't 10000x better tv than SOA.
MW03
AG
**** me, right?!?
UnderoosAg
AG
quote:

When Acevedo get's his picture taken with a flip phone camera, and I don't even remember what season it was, you'll remember this post. Come back and tell us the Shield wasn't 10000x better tv than SOA.

Never saw the Shield but is that where he.... has his mouth full?
MGS
Be sure to note all of The Shield actors that were in SoA. I can think of eight right now:

- The entire strike team
- Dutch
- Claudette
- Acevedo
- Billings
Duncan Idaho
quote:

I am confused, Is someone claiming that SOA was better than the shield? Or even in the same ballpark?

Becauase if they are, let me know, so I can add them to the ignore list.
Centerpole90
AG
No, no, I don't think so. I just didn't want anyone making any mistake. Damn, I miss The Shield.
Cibalo
quote:
Forgot about this. But we have a winner!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_TmE9QtBRUdnRrdaMBYvS9Z4vQQpfOh8izihblW3H2s/edit?usp=sharing

Tied for second not to bad. For me that was probably the only good thing to come out of the ending.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
No, no, I don't think so. I just didn't want anyone making any mistake. Damn, I miss The Shield.
whew! I thought this board had gone as retarded as the Aggieland and politics boards having a baby and leaving it to be by the GB
UnderoosAg
AG
quote:
quote:

I am confused, Is someone claiming that SOA was better than the shield? Or even in the same ballpark?

Becauase if they are, let me know, so I can add them to the ignore list.

Now whale wars on the other hand...
Centerpole90
AG
Justified? Anyone else on that with me?
Mr.Bond
AG
quote:
Justified? Anyone else on that with me?

Here here. Watched every episode of
Sons of Anarchy
Justified
The bridge
The Americans
Nip/Tuck

FX pumps out some ridiculously good shows
Centerpole90
AG
quote:
FX pumps out some ridiculously good shows
duck79
AG
Final season should be good. Will Raylan go the way of Jax?
Centerpole90
AG
No way. You think? Naa, Raylan's not the kind of character you kill off, I don't think, he's more the kind you revisit with a follow up series/storyline years from now. IMHO. I'd be surprised if Boyd got killed off. He's made a series out of getting his thing done while skirting Raylan - there seems to be a mutual respect there. I guess I don't see the series as a 'kill 'em off' series, but I SUCK at predicting show endings.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.