***Sons of Anarchy: Season 7***

131,738 Views | 889 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by ChipFTAC01
Wheatables02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
^^^^

I don't think he would have had his dad's bike fixed up, spent time at all the graves, his father's marker, etc if he hadn't planned to go out like his Dad.
UnderoosAg
AG
quote:
Ok he knew he had to die but he was preparing to do it by the terms of the Mayhem vote.

When he wasn't he saw an out and planned to ride away and escape. Otherwise he would've been adamant on Chibbs killing him

Dude. He told Chibbs he would never put the burden on them, the burden of killing him. Chibbs doesn't shoot Hapfor the F of it because he couldn't bring himself to shoot Jax. The club wasn't crying because Jax was escaping.

He didn't have to shoot at the CHP to get away. And he purposely left his glasses and helmet at JTs spot. It was death by cop or death by truck or death by running over an armadillo.

Watch it again or quit trolling.
jackie childs
from sutter:
quote:
But Sutter, 50, decided to go with the ending where Jax would end his own life on his own terms. Also, the final ride for Jax mirrored his father's police chase that killed the senior Teller.

"I had a sense really from the beginning of this ride that I liked the notion of Jax being brought to the same place of his father, but getting it right," Sutter said. "You know what I mean? The idea that he was going to go out in the same way."
i don't remember ever hearing that JT was running from the cops when he died. do any of you?
AboveAndBeyond
Me either. There WAS mention of him killing himself and not by a mechanical failure.
zap
AG
Getting it right = leaving SAMCRO in a better place???

Ag_07
AG
quote:
Getting it right = leaving SAMCRO in a better place???

By more lies and deception by ignoring an unanimous Mayhem vote.

I'm not trolling I just think Jax and Sutter took the easy way out and it doesn't coincide with how I think Jax would've gone.

I'm in the boat that his death by suicide served no purpose and I'll leave it at that.
Stive
AG
quote:
Ok he knew he had to die but he was preparing to do it by the terms of the Mayhem vote.

When he wasn't he saw an out and planned to ride away and escape. Otherwise he would've been adamant on Chibbs killing him or he would've done it there at the warehouse when he realized they weren't killing him.

My whole deal is that Jax should've gone down with a purpose making the biggest sacrifice for his club and his family. His Mack truck meets Panhead ghost ride was not a purpose but more of a last resort only way out.

He knew the cops were coming after him. He went around killing a bunch of people in broad daylight with witnesses and expected to be pursued. He took care of everything he had to take care of, then made his exit. He knew he was going to die and I'm not certain he didn't set up the "shoot Happy in the arm and I'll kill myself" thing as well. He didn't want to make his club have to kill him, but they had to issue the mayhem vote to keep up strong ties with the other charters.

On that roof he tells Chib's "this is how it has to be" and Chib's is stunned. I think it was him knowing Jax was going to off himself, not that the club was going to have to do it. Jax wasn't stunned with his new lease on life after they don't shoot him. Seemed to me he acted like it was all part of the plan.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Yeah, it wasn't a chance encounter with the cop; there was an APB out for Jax because of the murders.

And the suicide wasn't just about the mayhem vote. Jax didn't want his kids to grow up like he did, and told Nero he wanted them to hate their father.

I guess that's why he destroyed his dad's pictures and diaries too, so his kids wouldn't be able to study the club or their dad's past and be tempted to join.
agcraigb
AG
Poor Milo, he won't ever be able to go around another curve let alone get behind the wheel again!
aTmLoKi
AG
*****Battlestar Galactica Spoilers******

So in a way, is this like the BSG revelation at the end:
- Father (JT)
- Son (Jax)
- Holy Spirit/Ghost (Homeless woman)

I hate Sutter,

****Quit skipping this for spoilers already and watch BSG. Better yet, why the hell did you waste seven seasons watching SoA when you could've easily knocked out BSG before Netflix took it off? Moron!****
wangus12
AG
quote:
He knew he was going to die and I'm not certain he didn't set up the "shoot Happy in the arm and I'll kill myself" thing as well.
I thought that was a given. Jax/Chibs conversation on the roof and then Chibs/Tig talking about letting the other guys in on how it was gonna be.
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
quote:
He knew he was going to die and I'm not certain he didn't set up the "shoot Happy in the arm and I'll kill myself" thing as well.
I thought that was a given. Jax/Chibs conversation on the roof and then Chibs/Tig talking about letting the other guys in on how it was gonna be.
yep, they knew what was going down by their lack of reaction.
cr0wbar
AG
Happy took a .40 caliber bullet to his forearm at point blank range and remains silent for 20 minutes as Jax hugs it out with everyone is what killed me.

DUDE- YOU JUST TOOK A BULLET TO YOUR ARM
David_Puddy
AG
quote:
from sutter:
quote:
But Sutter, 50, decided to go with the ending where Jax would end his own life on his own terms. Also, the final ride for Jax mirrored his father's police chase that killed the senior Teller.

"I had a sense really from the beginning of this ride that I liked the notion of Jax being brought to the same place of his father, but getting it right," Sutter said. "You know what I mean? The idea that he was going to go out in the same way."
i don't remember ever hearing that JT was running from the cops when he died. do any of you?

I thought he was just out for a normal ride (obviously when Clay/Gemma tinkered with his bike beforehand)
Post removed:
by user
jtmoney03
AG
quote:
Happy took a .40 caliber bullet to his forearm at point blank range and remains silent for 20 minutes as Jax hugs it out with everyone is what killed me.

DUDE- YOU JUST TOOK A BULLET TO YOUR ARM

Merely a flesh wound!

Post removed:
by user
Duncan Idaho
just watched this.......holy ****

I am not sure but I think he might have been trying to draw a parallel between jax and christ. Like i said, I am not sure, it was kind of subtle.

redsquirrelAG
AG
Pretty sure I predicted this several pages back. I though the club was going to shoot him though. That would have shocked me. But he didn't want them to have that burden and he wanted to go out on his dad's bike. All in all I thought the last two episodes were solid. And the season overall wasn't as bad as the last two. Glad it's ended.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
Jeeessssuuuuusss H.R. Pufenstuf Christ!!!!! This pompous ass MF is interviewing himself on the after abortion.

Old Harley, uphill, release the throttle....they usually slow down.

Did anyone else expect E.T. to pop out of a saddlebag and make Jax fly away from the cops?
NOt to mention but a police chase on that bike would have been as exciting as OJ's
Duncan Idaho
You people aer insane, that was ****. Some of the most juvenile, ham handed, subtle as crowbar, **** I have seen on tv.

In case you didn't notice the other 5000 christ alagories here are 3 more in the last 3 seconds:
crow/dove going into heaven.
arms spread on a cross
communion sitting on the side of the road......

oh wait, **** it....I just want to make sure you understand that Jax is christ so you see the blood from the wreck..i will have that bleed into the bread (that I already staind with wine)

If christians want to get pissed about a tv show, this should have been it.

TX AG 88
AG
We should be mad about bad plagiarism of the Bible?!
Duncan Idaho
See the "too much" thread.

Comparing Jax to christ is a hell of a lot more insulting to christ than havino jesus trying to get laid
chris1515
AG
Anyone else notice the scene where he was saying goodbye to the club that there was a blue semi truck driving in the background? More foreshadowing
Duncan Idaho
quote:
Anyone else notice the scene where he was saying goodbye to the club that there was a blue semi truck driving in the background? More foreshadowing
that was an accident because it would have been way to subtle. unlike the "I got in a fight with a truck and it won." comment to chibs
Cromagnum
AG
Too much Deus ex machina for me. Just wrap all the loose ends up by having Jax shoot everyone real quick and call it a day.
Aggie Infantry
AG
Final PH
SgtBarbarossa
While predictable, I thought it was a solid finale. Above someone referenced how it didn't take the "bet you didn't see that coming!" Dexter route, which was terrible, and I have no problem with that.

I liked that Jax went out like his father before him (at least in his mind), with him believing that he was saving children by not exposing them to himself. His goal from the beginning of the series was to change the club into something respectable, and the entire series just shows how he failed miserably and turned into another Clay. Then, because **** happy endings, his creepy kid Able is attached to the ring his grandmother gave him and foreshadows him possibly becoming another Jax. The cycle of violence will continue, and the whole series was for nothing.

That's the kind of unhappy ending I fully approve of, and thought it was a good way to end the series.
drhuggybear
quote:
also, congrats on being the only person i know who has watched SOA and enjoyed the character of gemma
Gemma early on was "questionable" but not outright evil. Overprotective, yes but not evil. She just got wrapped around all the lies and it got too much for her to be likable.
Duncan Idaho
His kid playing with the ring was the only good thing in the epsiode.

The Benny hill car chase was bad.
the police chase on a 40 hp bike was just stupid
The horrible green screen of the wreck was just horrible
Vic macky killing him was just awful
The angle homeless chick was just awful
Him dressing like the reaper was just awful
Happy getting shot and not giving a **** wad just awful

It was all just so so so terrible, heavy handed and clumsy
MonkeyKnifeFighter
Ag_07
AG
quote:
But that event probably didn't spring from the clever mind of any actual writer. Or I'm really wrong.

It didn't...No one one here has ever pegged Sutter for either a clever mind or real writer. It's been so bad the past few seasons that it seems almost like parody.
Al Bula
AG
I guess the new thing is for actors to sign a deal with a TV network rather than one show. see chiklis and theo huxtable in Sons and American Horror Story.
zap
AG
quote:
I guess the new thing is for actors to take paying jobs on popular cable shows. see chiklis and theo huxtable in Sons and American Horror Story.

FIFY
Duncan Idaho
http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywood/2014/12/sons-of-anarchy-series-finale-jax-dies

This is pretty much on target.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.